Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed CL Stack: Questions!

Hi all,

Just a few quick questions about a CL stack I’d like to run. Any advice and input is appreciated. While I understand that the majority of supplementation is the ‘icing on the cake’ and substantially less important that proper diet, training and recovery, I feel that seeing as I put so much effort into all of these areas it’s in my best interest to get the most I can from supplementation.

I ran the WF/GM/PW stack a while back and enjoyed it, especially the quality of the products, although a few things didn’t quite suit me – I much prefer stim-free options as I’m extremely stim-resistant, due I think to my long-term coffee drinking habit.

What I am after from a stack is endurance, energy and some kind of pump – for the later I was quite happy with my Cytosport Fast Twitch (caf-free) but the effects were not every long lasting.

My proposed stack, and I’ve ordered it, so I sure as hell hope it’s appropriate, is White Blood/Blue Gene/Purple Wraath (also using Kre-Alk, multi, fish oil and protein). I’ve found PW amazing as far as endurance goes, anything beyond 8 or so reps in a set (and later sets themselves) really seem to benefit from taking it intra. Typically I use two scoops across about a litre of water. I plan to take the other two pre-workout, at least an hour for the Blue Gene. I’m getting a protein shake + muesli about 1-1/5 hours prior to the workout, so hopefully this should fulfil the insulin requirement for Blue Gene – or do you recommend a small source of carbs closer to my gym-visit?

My workouts are pretty stable and I’m still managing some form of linear progression, which is nice. Due to a back injury dead-lifting I’m finding a few things difficult – I’ve gone from squatting 330 back to barely 135 , but I’m rehabbing the area extensively and it’s coming along well. Otherwise it’s all extensions and good mornings for the lower back, which seems to be improving – slowly but surely. At the moment across the week it’s pretty much: Chest/Back/Rest/Shoulders/Full Body/Legs/Rest, combining 5x5 and 3x10 across mostly compound movements.

Some stats.

Weight: 218 (Was at 310, cut to 200, put on 18 pounds since Jan 1 – nothing to waistline, though)

So how does that sound?

Finishing a test and I'll help you right after.
    CONTROLLED LABS
    Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
    Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Reading from your description and how happy you were with Cytosport Fast Twitch. I immediately thought of Blue Gene as a great substitute. Next paragraph, you already thought about it!

I think with Blue Gene, you are able to ditch the White Blood. Instead, try a combo of Blue Gene, Purple InTrain (similar to Wraath but switching it up to see if you l ike it better) and Green. This is the stack I use and I have seen INCREDIBLE results.
      CONTROLLED LABS

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

thanks for the reply

two questions though: i have a reasonable quantity of pw left and i absolutely love the stuff, so am kind of hesitant to try a switch to purple intrain seeing as i have no complaints at all regarding pw, i just can't fault it. do you still reccomend checking it out? secondly, i've got a bottle of white blood on the way - while you've said i can leave it out, will it interfere with the blue gene in any way or should they stack together pretty easily?

thanks in advance!

Comment

WB and BG stack real well. Checking out PI is up to you. Personally, I like the profile and taste of PW. Thats all up to you
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

Nah Blue Gene and White Blood will work together fine.

I don't think you have a creatine? That is why I think picking one up will work.

If you love PW stick with it. PI is a nice suppelement that you should look into in the future as a change of pace.
            CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

thanks drac, farmer - i appreciate the input. i'm really looking forward to testing this stack out, and i'll report back. also added some ot to the order as i had no idea it included joint support... woo! as for creatine, i'm using kre-alk - so far, so good, as i bloat up like crazy on mono

Comment

Honestly speaking. blue gene is the BEST supplement I've ever had.
                CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

Working...
                X