The MMA/Martial Arts/Fighting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MMA/Martial Arts/Fighting thread.

There isnt one of these around, yet as far as I'm aware. So I've made one.

Let me tell you about my back ground. I've been doing taekwondo, for over 4 years now, and I'm a black belt in it. Now you may as TKD is shit, most of it is, correct. Our's is only called taekwondo becuase we do the patterns in it, as our Master has done it for over 36 years, and is a 7th dan Master. He's also done 6+ different martial arts, mma training etc and obtained the highest levels possible in the time he did it. BJJ included, not sure of his level, but he knows it all.

Anyhow, we get to learn all of this good stuff, so i would say im fairly well rounded. I really want to get into muay tai, boxing and BJJ though, to further my training. Yes, I actually could be a potental MMA fighter. IF i trained at a camp with chuck or randy, that would be awesome...maybe something down the track? I've always been a hard worker when it comes to training, and in the gym too...i can bench 80+kg with 3 sets of 8 now, should be higher i know but im getting serious about my lifting too now...i cant get too bulky as i want to remain fast, so i have a balance between the both.

Now, with that over, I'd like to pass some of my "experience" on street fighting, and defense. Yes, most of us like to go out, and sometimes a life threatening situation may occur. If this happens, you need to know what to do. Heed the following and remember this...who knows it may help you one day.
    [b]1.keep calm[b]
    if your going to be in a potental situation, but it's not happened yet, keep a cool, calm head. dont get scared or worried, as that wont help you in a fight. just be ready. (btw, put your toung to the roof of your mouth, and close it, this will avoid you biting your toung in fights)

2.talk your way out of it if possible

3. here is a good trick...if a fight is gonna happen, put ur hand up to your chin, like your thinking, and the other rested upon if if u know what i mean. this way, if he comes at u, ur hands are at ur face, ready to defend urself, and give him a elbow to the face

4. you dont really need much kicking in the streets. please dont try your flashy moves here guys. possible chance of them working, but not a big one, so its not worth it.

5. if its a really bad situation...fighting for your life...well, you know that your life is worth more than the attacker. so, use your basic instincts. what will stop this crazy guy thats gonna kill me? fight dirty in these situations. poke both his eyes out, smash him in the ears, kick him in the balls. dont be afraid too, as he wont be soft on you...

6. avoid freakin fights. there are people that fight dirty, and will beat you. we are talking, broken glass bottles, and bye bye, he;s slashed your eye out or something, has happend here a few times.

i just wrote all of this now, and it's quality advice. i could add to it later too.

Matt

post your advice guys also and experiences.

btw, what is your pain threshhold, fellow MMA's? id say mine is very high, ive been smashed in the face with eblows, punches etc and not gone down. heck, untill i get smacked around a bit, i dont know its a real fight, then i get serious and perform at my peak lol. notice, fighters will get slapped hard a few times to get them awake before some fights.

Comment

I've done martial arts for a while, also. I've studied kenpo, JKD, northern shaolin and muay thai. i don't fight though, but I study it for the discipline/self defense/confidence.

Comment

yeah i dont fight either, but that advice will come in handy if the time comes for anyone.

Comment

hmmm watched a muay thai program today very cool discipline. the guys train like hell.

...gave it a whirl today but just simply shadow fighting to mirror Damn it winded me haha.

Comment

I studied kenpo, greco roman wrestling and hapkido. While those are all good points you made, there are a few more you should list.

NEVER let a fight go to the ground if it's in public. No matter if you are Royce Gracie, you will get your ass beat by more than one guy while on the ground with another.

NEVER let the other guy know that YOU know martial arts. DO NOT go into stances, DO NOT do axe kicks and such to stretch, NONE! Use EVERY suprise you can.

IF you get into a fight, fight DIRTY. There is no honor in walking you beaten ass home with broken bones, black eyes, etc because you felt the fight should be "fair". If a guy allows you to gouge eyes, hit those and dig deep. Strike the groin, step on feet, pinch, bite, whatever. (biting I don't recommend for health reasons). Use every possible thing you can. He's wearing sandels, stomp on that foot. Has ear rings, pull those bitches out.

A "public" fight is the one avenue that once you're in it, you NEED to pull out ALL THE STOPS. Oh, and if he happens to pull a knife or gun? DON'T BE A MACHO COCK AND THINK YOU CAN TAKE THEM LIKE JACKIE FUCKING CHAN. That's the instance you haul ass the other direction as fast as you can. Live to fight another day!

If you want another advantage, learn about the body. Learn about joints, learn about parts of the body where struck will trigger other responses (strike to the nose will trigger eyes to water naturally). I don't condone fighting in public, but if it happens, it happens. Just be smart.
            Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
            US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

excellent posts

Comment

"don't bring a knife to a gun fight"

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                  "don't bring a knife to a gun fight"
                  Don't bring either. People are killed more times with their own weapons because they don't know or don't have the balls to really use it.

God gave you two hands to beat the hell out of someone. Use them.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
                  Purple Wraath
                  Green Magnitude
                  Orange Triad
                  White Flood
                  Blue Up
                  100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                    Don't bring either. People are killed more times with their own weapons because they don't know or don't have the balls to really use it.

God gave you two hands to beat the hell out of someone. Use them.

Comment

"The more thy sweateth in training, the less thy bleedeth in combat"
                      Last edited by RenegadeRows; 11-19-2006, 07:33 AM.

Comment

saw a few fights at schoolies already...brutal brutal stuff. gangs out in force my friends. forget 1 v 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Seroph4x
                          saw a few fights at schoolies already...brutal brutal stuff. gangs out in force my friends. forget 1 v 1.
                          That's too bad.

Comment

JKD, muay thai, wing chun, BJJ, western boxing

the ultimate goal of any fight is to stop it before it begins. this is done through awareness, something people (even martial artists tend to lack unless they specifically train for it) tend to lack

anyone can look good hitting pads/heavy bag. if you cant end the fight in 5 seconds you already lost (in real life that is, not sport as the rules change)

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs
                              JKD, muay thai, wing chun, BJJ, western boxing

the ultimate goal of any fight is to stop it before it begins. this is done through awareness, something people (even martial artists tend to lack unless they specifically train for it) tend to lack

anyone can look good hitting pads/heavy bag. if you cant end the fight in 5 seconds you already lost (in real life that is, not sport as the rules change)
                              Very few people could end a physical fight in 5 seconds. And if you want to get philisophical, in a fight, no one wins.

Current Supps:
                              Purple Wraath
                              Green Magnitude
                              Orange Triad
                              White Flood
                              Blue Up
                              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...