oximega greens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oximega greens...

How does it feel to succeed where not many companies have before in that you're ACTUALLY selling a greens product? Out for what, a month? maybe? and oxi is already the best selling greens product in the bb.com store. I get the feeling that most people that are buying it haven't used and didnt feel the need for a greens product before oxi rolled in and then suddenly BAM! greens! from CL! lets do it! (i know because im one of those people). Was this reception for your greens product expected?

Can't talk for CL but its great to be part of a fun team.
    CONTROLLED LABS
    Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
    Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Interested to know the answer as well. But almost seems obvious to have a good tasting Greens product out there, since nothing I've tried tasted good

Comment

Comment

CL ftw! Best sup company ever!

Comment

<3
            CONTROLLED LABS

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

yup, greens products in general dont sell well in the athlete and lifting population, we are hoping to change that and enhance the perception and reality that a strong foundation (orange oximega + orange triad) is what is needed to build strength and lean mass, and everything else is secondary
              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
              Purple Psyko
              Gold Feast
              Blue Gene
              Blue Growth
              REDuction AM/PM Shots
              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
              Orange TRIad
              White Flood (5 Flavors)
              Black Hole
              Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
              Green Bulge
              White Blood 2
              Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
              Blue Up
              Blue Up (Stim-Free)
              GlycerGrow (Elements line)
              CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
              Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

I don't need to be convinced of this... Seems like common sense to me.
                ~Julie

Currently Taking:
                - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

Originally posted by 5six View Post
                  Interested to know the answer as well. But almost seems obvious to have a good tasting Greens product out there, since nothing I've tried tasted good
                  Agree. This really is one of the best tasting Greens product out there. First time I would actually drink it for the flavor alone. Between my gf and I, if I didn't restrain myself, we'd go through a container in less than 2 weeks.
                  kane@controlledlabs.com
                  Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                  Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                  www.controlledlabs.com
                  www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by JC32 View Post
                    I don't need to be convinced of this... Seems like common sense to me.
                    you would be surprised at how many lack that which we take for granted

Out Now:
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole
                    Green Bulge
                    White Blood 2
                    Blue Up
                    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
                      yup, greens products in general dont sell well in the athlete and lifting population, we are hoping to change that and enhance the perception and reality that a strong foundation (orange oximega + orange triad) is what is needed to build strength and lean mass, and everything else is secondary
                      It's a shame they don't sell well. I've been using greens products for years now. I've tried a lot of different brands, but Vegetable Greens from Ultimate Nutrition has become a staple for me. I will be interested to try the OxiMega greens and see how they compare.

I'm happy with my current fish oil though (no fish burps, flavor, smell, or digestions issues, etc.), so I was a little bummed you guys decided to sell that separately from the kit, but not the greens. The UN greens I get at $30 per 64 serving tub (510g, ~8g/serving). Comparatively, the cheapest I'm finding OOM is around $37 per 60 serving (320g, ~5.3g/serving).

I've switched a few other staples to CL in the past, so I'm definitely gonna give OOM a shot- probably when I run out of the greens I've got. But since I'd be buying primarily for the greens, I think it will be a tough sell for me at 2X the cost per gram compared with what I'm using now. Any chance you'll sell the greens alone down the road?

Comment

Originally posted by nkato View Post
                        It's a shame they don't sell well. I've been using greens products for years now. I've tried a lot of different brands, but Vegetable Greens from Ultimate Nutrition has become a staple for me. I will be interested to try the OxiMega greens and see how they compare.

I'm happy with my current fish oil though (no fish burps, flavor, smell, or digestions issues, etc.), so I was a little bummed you guys decided to sell that separately from the kit, but not the greens. The UN greens I get at $30 per 64 serving tub (510g, ~8g/serving). Comparatively, the cheapest I'm finding OOM is around $37 per 60 serving (320g, ~5.3g/serving).

I've switched a few other staples to CL in the past, so I'm definitely gonna give OOM a shot- probably when I run out of the greens I've got. But since I'd be buying primarily for the greens, I think it will be a tough sell for me at 2X the cost per gram compared with what I'm using now. Any chance you'll sell the greens alone down the road?
                        quality plays a big role as well. for isntance we have pcb levels 3rd party checked and published on our site. also, with both in the kit for 37 dollars minus 10% coupon code for 33 dollars, you will most likely save money anyway versus buying your greens and fish oil separately.

Out Now:
                        Purple Psyko
                        Gold Feast
                        Blue Gene
                        Blue Growth
                        REDuction AM/PM Shots
                        Orange TRIad
                        White Flood (5 Flavors)
                        Black Hole
                        Green Bulge
                        White Blood 2
                        Blue Up
                        Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                        CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
                          quality plays a big role as well. for isntance we have pcb levels 3rd party checked and published on our site. also, with both in the kit for 37 dollars minus 10% coupon code for 33 dollars, you will most likely save money anyway versus buying your greens and fish oil separately.
                          Quality definitely counts. I'm currently using NOW Ultra Omega-3. I've always been happy with the quality of their products, and they are GMP certified, just like CL.

To the point about price, I guess it always depends where you shop. You guys have good prices at BB.com, but BB.com also overprices the UN greens product (almost twice as much as I get it for elsewhere- I used to get it at $25, but there was a price hike a few months back...). Anyway, I like to compare what I pay for one product over another in the long-term (when I plan to use them long term). So for fun, here's a quick breakdown below of 3 online retailers. I've used all 3 in the past w/good service.

Here is how I ran a gram total comparison: UNgreens=510g greens, Now UO3(180ct)=135g dha/epa, so 510+135=645g of "active ingredient". CL OOM=318g greens, 72g dha/epa, so 318+72=390g.

Netrition: UN+NOW: $49.98/645g= $0.077 per g. OOM: $39.99/390g= $0.103 per g. OOM is 1.337 times more expensive.

BB.com: UN+NOW: $72.98/645g= $0.113 per g. OOM: $37.95/390g= $0.097 per g. UN+NOW is 1.164 times more expensive.

A1 Supplements: UN+NOW: $51.84/645g= $0.080 per g. OOM: $39.95/390g= $0.102 per g. OOM is 1.275 times more expensive.

In the end, like I said, I plan to try OOM and make up my mind only after trying it as to whether I'd like to switch or not. I use OT and GM/GB exclusively now after switching from other products. I just think its worth it to break things down like this, try them, and then figure out if you think paying more for one product over another is worth it (assuming you are happy with the quality of both).

And before anyone calls me cheap, these are the type of products I'll use every day of the year, until they get discontinued, or I kick the bucket, and small savings can add up when the timeline is that long.

Comment

I guess if anyone else is even remotely interested in comparisons like these, label/ingredient comparison should be a part of that. Tank, your point about quality is well taken, and it's one of the reasons I always investigate CL products while I'm searching for additions to my supp/nutrition routine. Anyway, here are links to pages where you can access the labels for the three I'm comparing:

http://www.ultimatenutrition.com/cat...le_greens.html
                            http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/Pro...ly/M095608.htm
                            http://www.controlledlabs.com/produc...2b138f5860af8e

Comment

Always good to compare.
                              CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

Working...
                              X