Suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions??

Okay, well, been around the boards alittle and thought I would ask for some advice. I'm 28, 5'9 1/2 about 198lbs (floats between this and about 204 depending on time/water/etc) and about 22.2% bf after my most recent assessment. I've been working out seriously for about a month to month and a half after not working out much at all for the few years prior. I workout about 4-5 times a week, alternating upper and lower body workouts with days off when I feel like my body needs them. So, as follows is my routine:

Chest/Shoulders/Back
    Bench 135x15 185x6 205xfailure 205xfailure-drop set-185xfailure-135failure
    DB Bench 55x10 60x8 65xfailure 65xfailure
    Incline 135x10 135x10 155xfailure
    Decline same as Incline
    Round the worlds 25x8 25x8 30xfailure

Front raises 15x10 20x8 25xfailure
    Side raises 15x10 15x10 15xfailure
    Rear raises same as side raises
    Military Press 95x10 115xfailure 115xfailure

Lat Pulldowns 120x12 120x10 120xfailure
    1 arm cable rows 90x10 90x8 90xfailure
    Seated cable rows 150x10 150x8 150xfailure

Legs/abs
    Leg Press 225x20 225x20 225x20
    Leg Ext. 100x15 100x15 100x12
    Leg Curl 90x15 90x15 90x12
    Squats 225x10 225x10 225x8
    Deadlift 155x8 155x8 155x8
    Calf raises 135x10 135x10 135x10

abs on a ball/board/floor static and crunches to failure

Cardio pre- atleast 10 minutes warmups at 7.0 on tread with another 5 min on Elliptical at 150+ beats/minute HR.

Depending on day, cardio following at 4.0 for 5-15 minutes to allow body to cool down.

My diet isn't anything special. I don't eat before going to the gym. I take NO-Xplode (being replaced with PW and GM shortly) and Lipo-6. Following a workout, my day looks like this:

meal 1 - protein shake
    meal 2 - 1 cup oatmeal/skim milk
    meal 3 - chicken salad/low cal no fat dressing
    meal 4 - 4 - 6egg whites/bannana or apple/diet pepsi
    meal 5 - full course meal (brown rice/chicken/veggies/etc)
    meal 6 - 4 - 6 egg whites
    meal 7 - protein shake (before bed)

that's almost daily, though meals 4-6 may alter some. almost all are within 2-2.5 hours of each other as well. I was around 205 before I started and got to about 196 in 3-4 weeks, but have kind of slowed/stopped at losing weight. Gets me kind of bummed but still hitting the gym hard. Will be getting RA, WB, and or BU in the near future to help assist my weight loss, but I'm around 1800-2500 calories in a day. Help?
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Great detail, I would save the White BLOOD for a bulking phase that includes extreme stretching (just my personal opinion). Red ACID + SesaGLOW / Blue UP + SesaGLOW would definately be worth looking into.... Maybe run RA + SG for the first part of the cutting phase and then BU + SG towards the end (that's when YC (BU) works the best IMO / IME).

I would also experiment with some extended duration cardio, IF (THIS IS KEY) you can find a form of extended duration cardio you actually enjoy.

Do you already have a creatine product ?

Comment

I was still waiting on samples of GM to come before commiting to buying a tub and not liking the taste (potentially). Cardio is one of those things I don't mind, but I have problems as I get like severe fatigue/even cramping (may or may not be really that, just feels like it some times) at my knees and above my feet where the tendon connects to the shin. I've done some stretching to alleviate this but after a bit of running, it comes up. Not sure how to really address that problem.
      Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        Great detail, I would save the White BLOOD for a bulking phase that includes extreme stretching (just my personal opinion). Red ACID + SesaGLOW / Blue UP + SesaGLOW would definately be worth looking into.... Maybe run RA + SG for the first part of the cutting phase and then BU + SG towards the end (that's when YC (BU) works the best IMO / IME).

I would also experiment with some extended duration cardio, IF (THIS IS KEY) you can find a form of extended duration cardio you actually enjoy.

Do you already have a creatine product ?

extreme!!!!!! ... no doubt
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

Maybe you could add some sprints on the treadmill, I know that I've found if the fat's not coming off all I have to do is add 20 min of sprints (sprint 30-40 seconds, walk 40-60 seconds, continue for 20 min.) The high intensity makes it so that you do not have to spend forever on the treadmill, some people like that. Anyways just a thought, the main thing is to stick with it, especially during the tough times, consistency will lead to success.
          - Millennium Sport Technologies Sponsored Athlete -

Men are born to succeed, not fail.
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa S
            Maybe you could add some sprints on the treadmill, I know that I've found if the fat's not coming off all I have to do is add 20 min of sprints (sprint 30-40 seconds, walk 40-60 seconds, continue for 20 min.) The high intensity makes it so that you do not have to spend forever on the treadmill, some people like that. Anyways just a thought, the main thing is to stick with it, especially during the tough times, consistency will lead to success.
            Yeah, I'd honestly be up for that but like I said, I get this "fatigue" shot right in my knee location, and around that. Plus, the tendon that attaches from shin to foot tightens up, even after stretching it and warming up prior to a run. Only way I've found to counter that is short bursts between the tread and the elliptical, but that honestly sucks. No rhythm there. But thanks, I'll keep plugging away and it'll pass or my leg will fall off. One or the other!

Current Supps:
            Purple Wraath
            Green Magnitude
            Orange Triad
            White Flood
            Blue Up
            100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
              I was still waiting on samples of GM to come before commiting to buying a tub and not liking the taste (potentially). Cardio is one of those things I don't mind, but I have problems as I get like severe fatigue/even cramping (may or may not be really that, just feels like it some times) at my knees and above my feet where the tendon connects to the shin. I've done some stretching to alleviate this but after a bit of running, it comes up. Not sure how to really address that problem.
              Any input from your doctor at all ?

How long have you experienced this ?
              Last edited by pu12en12g; 11-18-2006, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Doc never gave me a real reason behind it. He said it's not shin splints since there wasn't a real "pain" in my description. Also since I don't feel it all the time. I think this has been since I've gotten older since as a child and through high school and college I played alot of sports that were hard on lower body and martial arts as I got older. Only time I feel it is during running. Who knows. Anyones guess is as good as mine...

Current Supps:
                Purple Wraath
                Green Magnitude
                Orange Triad
                White Flood
                Blue Up
                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

You can try Cissus for those pains. My buddy experiences the same sort of pain when he runs, it seems to be the impact of running on concrete/earth as opposed to a treadmill. Cissus is an herbal product put out by USP Labs that alot claim helps their joint, ligament and tendon pains, and supposedly has some recovery/healing properties as well. My lifting partner (an older fellow) uses Cissus for his joints...he can now do dips with no shoulder pain thanks to it.

For $20 a bottle, it's worth a shot.

You can also use Purple WRAATH for recovery, if it's muscle related.

Pretty much the only thing i can think of, aside from going to the doc's and getting tests done.
                  Last edited by RenegadeRows; 11-19-2006, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                    Doc never gave me a real reason behind it. He said it's not shin splints since there wasn't a real "pain" in my description. Also since I don't feel it all the time. I think this has been since I've gotten older since as a child and through high school and college I played alot of sports that were hard on lower body and martial arts as I got older. Only time I feel it is during running. Who knows. Anyones guess is as good as mine...
                    Have you tried increasing your water intake ? or drinking gatorade / powerade pre / during training ? (you may also notice improvement when you start GM).

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                      Have you tried increasing your water intake ? or drinking gatorade / powerade pre / during training ? (you may also notice improvement when you start GM).
                      I don't drink gatorade due to the high sugar, but I drink ATON of water. It's not a cramp, I can tell that much, just like an odd fatigue central to that location. I got PW and GM this week and tbh, my running/conditioning has gotten worse. I'm taking them pre-workout about 20 minutes out and as far as my lifting goes, I feel better and go longer. But with respect to running, and even the eliptical, have gotten less. I think I'll talk to the doc and see if there is something to it but I will also try that cissius and see if it makes a difference. I sure hope so. Might need better running shoes as well. Nike seems to make shit runners.

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Oh, and thought I would update to give my last couple days of hitting the gym with PW and GM.

Last two days have looked like this (new split):

Sunday - Legs/back

Leg press - 225x20 315x15 405x10 405x10
                        Leg Ext - 80x20 90x15 100x10
                        Squats - 225x8 225x6 225x6 - back was bothering me here

Deadlifts - 185x8 225x4 225x4 - still getting use to doing these.
                        Seated Row - 100x12 150x10 200x6 200x6
                        Lat Pulldown - 100x12 150x10
                        Lat Pull(rev grip) - 150x12 200x4 - had to test it
                        Dips - bwx10 bwx12 bwx12

Monday - Chest/tris

Bench 135x8 185x6 185x6 185x6 185x6
                        DB Press 60x12 65x8 70x6 70x4
                        Pec-Deck - 100x8 100x8 100x6
                        Serratus - 50x10 50x10

Tri ext - 80x12 90x6 85x8 85x8
                        Kick back - 25x10 25x10
                        EZ bar over head tri ext - 65x12 65x12 65x10 65x8

Cardio on both days has been kinda weak. About 10 minutes total between the tread and eliptical. Knees been fighting with me. Felt good as hell though last two days getting the higher weights up even though the motivation to get to the gym has been lacking. Good pumps after these two workouts and will see what future sessions holds.

<--- light weight!

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

cramping can be caused by all sorts of things another couple of fairly common causes to eliminate would be pottasium deficiency and magnesium definciecny (another good reason to get green mag lol) try eating a banana 1-2 hours before you train and supplementing with magnesium or eating a shitload of hazelnuts.
                          By the way if your struggling so much with cardio why not try reducing the intensity and doing it for a longer duration as Pu said, it can be a bit boring but a stereo with some decent music can help. With the fat loss side of things try going heavier to work your muscles harder, if you can do 4 sets of 6 at 185lb's on the bench press I'm sure that would be alot more productive if you did 2 sets at 185 and 2 at 200lbs if its that easy assuming you don't have joint problems etc.
                          Last edited by ROBOLEG; 11-20-2006, 08:22 PM.

Comment

i love bananas i really gotta eat more of em

i wakeup wiht a stomach side stich thing daily.. idk what it is always on my right side
                            Current LOGS
                            http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...8#post12694688
                            http://forums.1fast400.com/?showtopi...0&#entry363619
                            http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...2042#post42042

Comment

Originally posted by ROBOLEG
                              cramping can be caused by all sorts of things another couple of fairly common causes to eliminate would be pottasium deficiency and magnesium definciecny (another good reason to get green mag lol) try eating a banana 1-2 hours before you train and supplementing with magnesium or eating a shitload of hazelnuts.
                              By the way if your struggling so much with cardio why not try reducing the intensity and doing it for a longer duration as Pu said, it can be a bit boring but a stereo with some decent music can help. With the fat loss side of things try going heavier to work your muscles harder, if you can do 4 sets of 6 at 185lb's on the bench press I'm sure that would be alot more productive if you did 2 sets at 185 and 2 at 200lbs if its that easy assuming you don't have joint problems etc.
                              Okay, let me re-itterate. IT'S NOT A CRAMP. Refer to prior post. Also, not "struggling" with cardio. Tendon pain/fatigue is limiting it so the actual amount I can do is therefore limited. Also, I never said 185 was easy or that I couldn't do more. If you read from the top, you'd see I was lifting more beforehand. 185 is enough to tax my muscles for now without sacrificing quality of trying to stay at a heavier weight. And no, I don't have joint problems but thanks for asking.

Current Supps:
                              Purple Wraath
                              Green Magnitude
                              Orange Triad
                              White Flood
                              Blue Up
                              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...