Forearm exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forearm exercises

What is the correct form for the exercises behind the back wrist curls and reverse EZ bar curls?

Do you roll your fingertips down to the bar at the bottom of behind the back wrist curls or just down to a closed fist?

Do you use a thumbless grip or regular grip when performing reverse EZ bar curls?

EZ Curl?! NOOO. Straight bar all the way.
    I cant stand those EZ bars...blah, rubbish.

Comment

I do reverse ez curls. Usually start with the thumbless grip until I can barely do anymore. Get a few more reps with a regular grip.
      kane@controlledlabs.com
      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
      www.controlledlabs.com
      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
        I do reverse ez curls. Usually start with the thumbless grip until I can barely do anymore. Get a few more reps with a regular grip.
        These are killer. And awesome.

Comment

why one would desire to isolate the forearm and focus on it with valuable gym time is beyond me.

Of course, behind the back reverse wrist curls (sounds homo to me) are a shitload easier than weighted towel pullups or fatbar double overhand heavy snatch grip deadlifts (shit just sounds good), so I see why the common person opts for them.

vs

read and think about the idea of "training economy" for a minute

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...n-the-gym.html
          Last edited by jiritt0; 04-17-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Im with ya on that JD

Comment

I do agree with you to a point. I myself dont and wouldnt do wrist curls but I do your rollers and excercises like plate pinchers, bb and db holds. Yes most of the grip/forearm stimulation does come from excercises like deads, rows, etc. but if you are wanting grip improvement, I believe an excercise or 2 after one or 2 of your workouts would help.
              Last edited by farmerson12; 04-17-2010, 07:27 PM.
              "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
              CFD

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                I do agree with you to a point. I myself wrist curls but I do your rollers and excercises like plate pinchers, bb and db holds. Yes most of the grip/forearm stimulation does come from excercises like deads, rows, etc. but if you are wanting grip improvement, I believe an excercise or 2 after one or 2 of your workouts would help.
                agreed

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                  I do agree with you to a point. I myself dont and wouldnt do wrist curls but I do your rollers and excercises like plate pinchers, bb and db holds. Yes most of the grip/forearm stimulation does come from excercises like deads, rows, etc. but if you are wanting grip improvement, I believe an excercise or 2 after one or 2 of your workouts would help.
                  this is all accessory work that I find hard to actually program into training, unless you are creating MUT (movement under tension) with the bb/db in a farmers walk type fashion.

Plate pinchers I use sparingly as a finisher to develop mental toughness

or get into sandbag training (and dont leave straps on the bags for grip support) and like i already said use a lot of fat bars/towels for anything you can think off that will be safe... towel grip deadlifts are killer

the rest is just the icing that you can do if your bored or during recovery/deload periods as it doesnt stress the nervous system much -- basically the same approach I would use for isolation exercises in general.

if you really want grip improvement; buy this:
                  http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=114&pid=456
                  (note they came in a variety of strength levels...check for the one most suited to you)
                  and use it everyday on the way to work and the way home. squeeze it on your left hand on the way there and the righ thand on the way home.

I have one I use alot on long trips -- sit in the car for like an hour squeezing it with your left hand..all sorts of diff ways ..than hit the right for the next hour. its always fun when you get where your headed and can barely shake peoples hands cos from the elbow down is numb.

this also looks like rediculous fun -- http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=1374

I had to add it to my list of equipment to buy someday..haha
                  Last edited by jiritt0; 04-18-2010, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Actually I bought the No.1 crush gripper(since I have no clue what my grip strength is at) and its coming in with the bands. Looking forward to using em. And I believe accessory work can fit in well with a workout. But Im talking one to two excercises at the end and I wouldnt do a "accessory day" like some others do. I wouldnt do as much as say a bodybuilding program would since imo that amount is uneeded for grip, ab strength, etc. improvement.
                    CFD

Comment

My forearms are so damn skinny compared to the rest of my body. I do heavy barbell rows, deadlifts, SLDL's, pullups. These exercises have done nothing to develop my forearms. This is why i was looking to add some forearm exercises to bring up this bodypart.

Comment

Your forearms are very valuable and useful muscles.

I use this to work mine. I have done all the straight bar and EZ curl bar stuff. This has worked the best for me.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym...loper/10270003
                        Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

I used a wrist roller at one time. How should this be used? Just one set for as many as possible? Or multiple sets?

Comment

Originally posted by jzepp View Post
                            I used a wrist roller at one time. How should this be used? Just one set for as many as possible? Or multiple sets?
                            I switch up grip excercises constantly but when I do wrist rollers, Ill do 2-3 sets at the end of my workout with to max time. Ill use like 10-15lbs usually. Doesnt sound like much but if you really push yourself, youll find out the truth
                            CFD

Comment

http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/roller.htm

I actually bought this wrist roller about a year ago. Does anybody agree that a thick wrist roller will work better than a thin wood wrist roller? This think pumps your forearms like crazy. I usually use a rep range of about 10, counting going up and down as 1 rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X