Natural Glute Ham raise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Glute Ham raise

For those of you, like me, who would like the ability to do glute ham raises but your gym doesnt have the bench for it, try this. Definitely not the easiest excercise. Others have done it different ways but for me, I like the setup here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vDLLj-TMWE
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

"you neeed to do 600 glute ham raises a month to maintain hamstring strength & function."

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      "you neeed to do 600 glute ham raises a month to maintain hamstring strength & function."

Comment

quoting louie simmons from about 3 hours ago

Comment

Im gonna have to try these, they look fun. Might add em into my current leg routine next week and give it a shot.

Comment

quoting louie simmons from about 3 hours ago
            He really said that? Was he being sarcastic in a response to someone? I wouldnt expect something like that from simmons. He has supported the excercise in several of his articles.
            Last edited by farmerson12; 03-27-2010, 03:55 PM.
            CFD

Comment

"A glute/ham bench is an absolute must. The hamstring is the muscle group that can make or break your squat and deadlift progress. Five women at Westside have squatted or deadlifted 500 pounds or more, and every one of them laid a heavy foundation on a glute/ham machine. Doris Simmons made a 341 squat and 349 deadlift at 105, and Amy Weisberger has done a 445 squat and 430 deadlift at 123. "-simmons on deepsquatter.com

Maybe Im missing your point and if I am, my apologies.
              Last edited by farmerson12; 03-27-2010, 04:00 PM.
              CFD

Comment

yes, he said that.. amongst many other genius things, making me believe he could be the coolest smartest meathead in the world. I hope to one day know half as much as he has forgotten, and be just as hardcore at that age.

600 glute ham raises each month to maintain hamstring strength & functioning...

meaning he is huge support of the movement; so much so he believes you need to perform at least 20 a day.

also: FYI: natural ones are hard as can be - i would recommend putting a swiss/physio ball in front of you so you can fall into it and bounce up -- it will take you many many many many sessions to actually perform anything remotely close to a true natural glute ham raise...and the soreness you will experience will be out of this world, as naturals are more of an eccentric movement.

Comment

yes, he said that.. amongst many other genius things, making me believe he could be the coolest smartest meathead in the world. I hope to one day know half as much as he has forgotten, and be just as hardcore at that age.

600 glute ham raises each month to maintain hamstring strength & functioning...

meaning he is huge support of the movement; so much so he believes you need to perform at least 20 a day.

also: FYI: natural ones are hard as can be - i would recommend putting a swiss/physio ball in front of you so you can fall into it and bounce up -- it will take you many many many many sessions to actually perform anything remotely close to a true natural glute ham raise...and the soreness you will experience will be out of this world, as naturals are more of an eccentric movement.
                  Ok I figured you meant well by the remark. And ya naturals are hard as hell. Definitely takes more practice and technique to perform them.
                  CFD

Comment

I don't mean anything other than you should do at the very least 20 glute ham raises a day, totalling 600 a month, according to louie simmons

I'm still trying to take in everything he said in his two presentations.. prolly got like 50 pages of notes from him alone, and than another 50 from everyone else at the clinic.

Last edited by jiritt0; 03-28-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I don't mean anything other than you should do at the very least 20 glute ham raises a day, totalling 600 a month, according to louie simmons

I'm still trying to take in everything he said in his two presentations.. prolly got like 50 pages of notes from him alone, and than another 50 from everyone else at the clinic.

I forgot that you went to hear him speak. How was that? Even though Im no athlete trainer, I would love to see him. The man is definitely one of the top people who are overloaded with amazing information
                      CFD

Comment

I plan to get a beefy pitbull someday and name him louie simmons aka lou dog. I will also teach him tricks such as the box squat and how to run a 4.6 40yd dash without ever running.

Comment

I plan to get a beefy pitbull someday and name him louie simmons aka lou dog. I will also teach him tricks such as the box squat and how to run a 4.6 40yd dash without ever running.
                          That would def be a highlight of your life
                          CFD

Comment

negative on the highlight reel, but it'd be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                              For those of you, like me, who would like the ability to do glute ham raises but your gym doesnt have the bench for it, try this. Definitely not the easiest excercise. Others have done it different ways but for me, I like the setup here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vDLLj-TMWE
                              Been doing 'em this way the last month or so... not 20 a day yet...
                              so if doing lower body 3 times per week, I'll aim for at least 40 each of those days then.
                              You do improve surprisingly fast on them with regularity.
                              kane@controlledlabs.com
                              Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                              Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                              www.controlledlabs.com
                              www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X