• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amen

Comment

Goin' strong in here...

Comment

Havent updated in a while due to experimentation in my routine/diet/sup and a few other small details.

Gonna experiment a bit more this week with what I want to do and Ill start logging soon again (mainly for personal use)

Probably going with something like:

Monday: Upper Heavy
        Tuesday: Lower Heavy
        Wed: Arm/cardio
        Thursday: Upper Light
        Friday: Lower Light
        Sat-Sun: Off (may add cardio depending on mood...2 off days put be in a horrid mood)

Also in the process of finding a new gym
        Im tired of Snap Fitness and it's bullshit.
        Either going to join the YMCA since it's huge, nice, and has a pool! I love swimming for cardio, or im going to find something else, maybe a Powerhouse
        Last edited by breathemetal; 04-07-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure im going to stick with the Dual Factor training
          I seem to be responding to it quite well even during these "experiment" weeks
          Really hit deadlifting a lot harder, best exercise there is imo

Comment

Also of note:

Not so much training my arms for size/strength/etc (as for as isolation goes) but I am more-so training them to keep the tendons and whatnot strong, i want balance. I used to over do the isolation for arms and after my noob gains i ceased to grow! But even after these few short weeks of "strict" powerlifting and rarely doing iso moves, ive seens size increases and strength gains.

I'd like to think JDritto for the "dont work your arms" tip
            After seeing that, then doing some research, ive found what i need to be doing!

Comment

Lower body today, going to really hit my deadlifts hard, going to finally see what my 5rm,3rm,and 1rm are. Probably not what i want them to be My deads suck

Comment

Motivation for today:

Comment

What is your idea on light days? And are going to train your arms at all? And I dont mean an arm day. Youll find that well known powerlifters and athletic trainers will have a excercise or two in their schedule. For instance, they may have 4 sets of barbell curls or skullcrushers on a repitition or max effort day. I agree that your arms will get stimulated by excercises like deadlifts, pullups, bench press, etc. but tendons and joints arent stimulated well enough just by compound movements.
                  "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                  CFD

Comment

Im going to dedicate wednesday to my arms, and nothing more.
                    So Upper, Lower, Arms, Upper, Lower, Off, Off

Probably will keep it simple. 2-3 exercises @ 10-12 sets for bi and same for tri
                    Ill probably use my favorites:

Hammer Curls
                    Standing BB Curl
                    Alt DB Curls
                    Kickbacks
                    Tate Presses
                    Skullcrushers
                    Rope Pullovers and Pulldowns

And if you look at the Dual Factor traing you work your arms a bit on both upper days, so my arms will be getting hit pretty good

Comment

I despise off days.
                      Gonna hit it intense tomorrow and start actually reporting in more heh.

Comment

Crazy good workout today!
                        Increased my bench, and my db bench by a good 10 lbs!
                        Also hit my lats really hard, they still are pumped after a few hours, gotta love it.

Comment

1. Heavy Squats (butt to ankles, 5x5 working up each set to a 5rm, or try for a 3rm or even an occasional 1rm)
                          2. Goodmornings (3x5 same weight or work up to 5rm)
                          3. Pullthroughs (3-5 sets of 10-12, some arched back, some rounded back)
                          4. Leg Presses (3-4 sets of 10-12)
                          5. Weighted Abs/ Obliques (5x10 total)

Good workout today, had a lot of focus and drive and pumped out some good numbers!
                          Also just ordered more stuff from BB.com

2 OT
                          2 Fishoil (om)
                          2 GG
                          Skullcap and a free shaker

Comment

Went in today, on my off day...bad idea.
                            I hate off days...so i always try and sneak in, but today my body said NO GO HOME! and i had to listen.

So now im going to be more strict about my off days (wed sat sun)

Comment

1. Flat Barbell Bench Press (close or regular grip heavy work 1rm, 3rm, 5rm, or 5x5)
                              2. Board Press/ Floor Press (5rm usually start where you left off on bench press)
                              3. Overhead Press (Standing military press, push press, dumbbell overhead press various rep schemes 5rm, 5x5, 4x10)
                              4. Dips (2-3 sets)
                              5. Vertical Lat Work (lat pull-downs or pull-ups 5+ sets if on lat pull-down use different bars and work different planes)
                              6. Triceps Extension (skull crushers, French presses, JM Presses, rolling dumbbell extensions, Tate Presses, pushdowns pick one exercise for 3x10-12)
                              7. Biceps (1-2 exercises, 3-5 sets total)

Had a ton of energy today, felt great!
                              Cant wait to get my Golden Gains

Comment

Saturday, and an off day. BLAH.
                                I need it though, had a brutal workout friday!

hope to be able to do this someday!

Comment

Working...
                                X