Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pc gamers?

Im a bit of a nerd, a techy, or whatever else you want to call it

just seein if anyone else in here is into pc gaming, or high-end computers and what not.

ive been building custom rigs for several years now, it's my number 2 passion besides hittin the iron!

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
    Im a bit of a nerd, a techy, or whatever else you want to call it

just seein if anyone else in here is into pc gaming, or high-end computers and what not.

ive been building custom rigs for several years now, it's my number 2 passion besides hittin the iron!

Im prolly not as big into it as you but when I get the chance, I like to play some comp games. Right now my favs are Europa Universalis: Rome and Left 4 Dead 2. Cant get enough of em
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Comment

been playing computer games since i was in 4th grade. first game was Delta force.

Right now im playing everquest 2 but during down times i play some fps's or some strat games. Cs:s, dod:s, l4d, asvp, coh series, etc.

Also have been building machines for years now. I'm an amd/ati fanboy always have, always will. fuck intel

on everquest2 im a raid tank on a pvp server. His a berserker. the name is Zaitsev Anabolic'rage

Last edited by Curse; 03-17-2010, 03:43 AM.

Comment

I definently like gaming. My favs are probably mmos based on pvp. I have always wanted to build my own pc but got scared before i bought the parts lol, so I'm running a Maingear pc right now.

Comment

Only one I really liked was the original Unreal Tournament (lol overclocked to 467mhz baby!!! ), when the cheats started I lost interest fast (PRODUCTIVITY / QUALITY OF LIFE SKYROCKETED when I stopped playing video games... can't emphasize it enough).

Note: I still overclock everything
          Last edited by pu12en12g; 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MyThLoSt View Post
            I definently like gaming. My favs are probably mmos based on pvp. I have always wanted to build my own pc but got scared before i bought the parts lol, so I'm running a Maingear pc right now.
            Love the maingear cases, but way overpriced
            much cheaper the DIY

Comment

Unreal Tournament is awsome!!
              I have Unreal Tournament 3, but can't play it since my computer is not powerful enough!
              I am currently playing Quake 3 for pc online!
              Hopefully I can get enough to upgrade to an Alienware!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NocturnalReign View Post
                Pretty crazy lookin pcs' and labtops. Very hardcore gaming computers
                CFD

Comment

Originally posted by NocturnalReign View Post
                  Unreal Tournament is awsome!!
                  I have Unreal Tournament 3, but can't play it since my computer is not powerful enough!
                  I am currently playing Quake 3 for pc online!
                  Alienware? Nooooo. Overpriced garbage.
                  If you can, build it yourself, you'll save so much!
                  It's fun I love doing it

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                    PRODUCTIVITY / QUALITY OF LIFE SKYROCKETED when I stopped playing video games... can't emphasize it enough

x2

and if you subtract television from your life and it will improve significantly more as well. I didnt have any cable or whatever for a good 3 years and loved it.

Recently I got bunny ears to get basic cable or whatever, and have felt like a complete dipshit ever since.. once march madness is over I plan to pull the plug until the next NFL regular season this fall.

It does make me happy watching sports on my big 52inch HDTV, but than I get sad when I remember it needs paid off by 2012

Comment

I think it comes down to managing your time. I myself go from working at the department to working and keeping up with the land/cattle to fitness to spending time with my soon to be wife,etc,etc. So if I do get some down time and its not consumed up by hunting or fishing, Ill play a game for awhile. Is that messing up my quality of life? I would argue not. But again, there are those who get addicted or do nothing for hour upon hour and use their time up with gaming or tv. Now for them, I would say they are knocking some years off thier life. It differs with each person. It is sad though that most people have chained there lives to multimedia. Its there lives. Very sad
                      Last edited by farmerson12; 03-21-2010, 04:53 PM.
                      CFD

Comment

i agree. but wrongful blame goes to the people who make games/movies/broadcast tv. People have the freedom not to play or watch. I guess anything can be addicting for someone.

back on topic the guy who said he wanted alienware. Don't do that! can build you one for half the price i can almost guarentee it. I know you probably don't know how which is perfectly ok. But these days its easy to do some research, save up about 600 and you have a nice war machine at your finger tips.

Comment

oh man. i've been looking for threads like this since i started lifting! I can't say i've been into pc gaming as much as i used to since i started really lifting seriously (and my old computer blew up), but i still dabble. (ME2, cod4-2(sucks), DAO, among others currently loaded on my computer). I used to play WoW....correction, i used to live WoW. I tend to take my gaming pretty seriously and i suppose i've been blessed with talent in games which i'm incredibly thankful for (2 top 10 worldwide guilds in WoW-at 16 my CoD1 clan also took home CAL-i champs), but then again i really just get into anything im doing. I would love to see this thread expand into a full blown PC game review/discussion thread, but that probably wont happen.

To weigh in on the video game detracting from focus on life, i totally disagree. Many people just take it totally overboard and let the games control their lives. Even while playing WoW on an internationally competitive level, i maintained a steady, healthy relationship with my old girlfriend, complete social life, full time job, and lifted 5-6 times a week. The largest benefit i've really seen from quitting the WoW life was selling my account and buying my iPhone. Most people are just too ....stupid? to manage their time and they let certain things take over their life. All that said, i still manage to watch TONS of movies every week, lift once or twice a day 5-6 days a week and still game a bit with a full time job and a healthy social life!

On the subject of hardware, i run an ASUS g71gx from bestbuy that can basically run any game perfectly on almost max settings (crysis included at +60fps) ...cost me 1250$ i believe. DO NOT BUY ALIENWARE. you're literally paying thousands of dollars extra for the name and the 15lb cases. i know plenty of websites where you can find cheap pc's that are fantastic, BUT i am a hardcore bestbuy fanboy. their warranties CANNOT be beaten.

wall of txt crits CL forums for 200000.

Comment

Bestbuy? You kidding? They honestly carry no high-end gamign rigs (but i come from the xtreme forums) Our xtreme is the true xtreme. Bestbuy is mainstream, that's it. Their customer service blows and they try to rope everyone in to buy the most expensive shit they dont need. I really hope they go under.

Comment

Hmmm...I suppoose I've had totally different expiriences there then. I've been nothing but massively pleased with their cus. serv. And products. Maybe because where I used to live the store was staffed by my friends.....but still! HAd good times out here in CA with Bb too. Maybe for the totally uneducated, but even then you can't reall blame them for being salesmen.

Comment

Working...
                              X