Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Any pc gamers?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    14,316
    Rep Power
    2163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by breathemetal View Post
    Thats why i build my own computers.

    My current computer wouldve costed over 3k if i bought it from a builder, and i only paid about 1400 because i did it myself.
    Same here... it's not even a challenge any more

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    Same here... it's not even a challenge any more
    aye, it's extremely easy to do.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illilian View Post
    aye, it's extremely easy to do.
    It is pretty easy to do it. But it takes a bit more talent to do nice, clean, high-end rigs. Look at some of the liquid cooled rigs on xtreme system forums...i doubt most would have the patience or skill to do some of em. They are art.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    i use to have a liquid cooled pc. Was trying to get away from the dust but you know liquid cooling is alot worse. I'll never do that again. just like a radiator in a car, it needs maintaining. Flushing,cleaning, etc,etc. Went back with air cooling for this rig with 5x 120mm 150cfm fans. Yes its loud, yes i have a jet in my room.


    My next project is "cold air" intake. have a heater block with fans on it and coolant.

    heres a pic of it before water cooling, i didnt take pics of water cooling when i did it though. http://curs3.net/images/rbcc/rbcc286.jpg

    then made a wallpaper to match http://curs3.net/images/wallpapers/new/cursecase.jpg

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,428
    Rep Power
    810

    Default

    More often than not, I want to throw my computer out the window and/or bash it over someone's head in a fit of rage when it takes 25 seconds longer to do something that I know it should be able to do in like 5 seconds...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    i use to have a liquid cooled pc. Was trying to get away from the dust but you know liquid cooling is alot worse. I'll never do that again. just like a radiator in a car, it needs maintaining. Flushing,cleaning, etc,etc. Went back with air cooling for this rig with 5x 120mm 150cfm fans. Yes its loud, yes i have a jet in my room.


    My next project is "cold air" intake. have a heater block with fans on it and coolant.

    heres a pic of it before water cooling, i didnt take pics of water cooling when i did it though. http://curs3.net/images/rbcc/rbcc286.jpg

    then made a wallpaper to match http://curs3.net/images/wallpapers/new/cursecase.jpg
    Nice. I'd like to do a gaming mini itx build next. such tiny form factor, yet with some new mitx releases of mobos they are good LAN gaming choices.
    I prefer simplicity with my builds anyways, and this would be a greay way of doin a very clean, yet xtreme build.

    Probably would cost around 2k
    Depends if I liquid cool it...and If i do, im housing all the LC gear in a seperate case

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    heck yeah do a shuttle. Always wanted to do one but never had an excuse(don't lan anymore).

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    heck yeah do a shuttle. Always wanted to do one but never had an excuse(don't lan anymore).
    Not a shuttle. MITX yes, Shuttle no.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VIP Section
    Age
    41
    Posts
    932
    Rep Power
    134

    Default

    DIY rigs ftw ... quake, old school XvT (love the days of dial-up), WoW ... was hardcore about raiding but it's been a few months since raid leading ... prolly only play 2 hours a week, if that, just to log in and say hey to some ppl on the server ... but I did get a PS3 just to play God of War 3 and totally geeking out on that game
    jdouchebag for president

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kings Beach, CA
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    anyone else here a BioWare junkie?


    ME2 kinda sucked past playthrough 1 but DA:O is amazing, and awakenings is just as good as an xpac

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    ME1 was incredible
    ME2 was even better imo
    DA:O was superb, havent played Awakenings yet

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kings Beach, CA
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    ME2 was polished and brilliant, but it lacked the soul that me1 had. i probably played through me1 at least 4 or 5 times, maybe more...but im STILL working on my second playthrough of ME2. Honestly i think they just...tried too hard.







    ...but i cannot wait for swtor.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Playing game is one of my hobby. There are many types of pc games in my collection. I play this games with my friends and in my free time. Due to this I feel relax and refresh. Its one of my favourite hobby.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Buying Used Games as a Matter of Principle

    Publishers don't see a dime from second-hand sales, which gives angry gamers a way to play without supporting anti-consumer practices.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbottom52 View Post
    Buying Used Games as a Matter of Principle

    Publishers don't see a dime from second-hand sales, which gives angry gamers a way to play without supporting anti-consumer practices.
    yeah, i know what you're talking about for sure. Some friends of mine began playing ST:TOR. Of the shelf is $60. Waaaaaay to much, imo. One friend gave me a week trial.. it was fun.. but not worth $60. That is robbery.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Bodybuilding Program