Any pc gamers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erikdunbar View Post
    Hmmm...I suppoose I've had totally different expiriences there then. I've been nothing but massively pleased with their cus. serv. And products. Maybe because where I used to live the store was staffed by my friends.....but still! HAd good times out here in CA with Bb too. Maybe for the totally uneducated, but even then you can't reall blame them for being salesmen.
    I refuse to shop there.
    There sell nothing high-end as far as im concerned. My 2 year old computer is still faster than the shit they stock in there.

Comment

yeah i agree. Not just for that, but Home and car audio too.

Try to get people to buy monster cables and bose stereo systems.. please....

you all research supplments before you try them, right? thats why you are here. Do the same thing in other aspects of your life.

Comment

Thats why i build my own computers.

My current computer wouldve costed over 3k if i bought it from a builder, and i only paid about 1400 because i did it myself.

Comment

i've always built my own rigs. I can't bring myself to just buying a package deal when, usually, they don't have components in them that i want. there's no other way, imo.

played DAoC for a couple months when I was waiting for EQ2 to come out. When that came out i was hooked for 4 solid years. It was an obsession, was totally fun doing the raids and stuff and competing against other guilds for ranking. Downside was I didn't have a life er at least one that was outside all those zeros and ones.

Pretty much now I only do work on my PC, wether it be word processing, photo/multimedia editing or whatever else. Rarely any gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Curse View Post
            been playing computer games since i was in 4th grade. first game was Delta force.

Right now im playing everquest 2 but during down times i play some fps's or some strat games. Cs:s, dod:s, l4d, asvp, coh series, etc.

Also have been building machines for years now. I'm an amd/ati fanboy always have, always will. fuck intel

on everquest2 im a raid tank on a pvp server. His a berserker. the name is Zaitsev Anabolic'rage

I tried a tank in eq2 for about a month (can't remember if he was a berzerker or guardian), then said forget it. loved being a warlock (1st choice) then a mystic (2nd choice).

Never jumped onto the pvp servers.. .was always on the pve. Antonia Bayle.
            Last edited by Illilian; 03-24-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
              Thats why i build my own computers.

My current computer wouldve costed over 3k if i bought it from a builder, and i only paid about 1400 because i did it myself.
              Same here... it's not even a challenge any more

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                Same here... it's not even a challenge any more
                aye, it's extremely easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Illilian View Post
                  aye, it's extremely easy to do.
                  It is pretty easy to do it. But it takes a bit more talent to do nice, clean, high-end rigs. Look at some of the liquid cooled rigs on xtreme system forums...i doubt most would have the patience or skill to do some of em. They are art.

Comment

i use to have a liquid cooled pc. Was trying to get away from the dust but you know liquid cooling is alot worse. I'll never do that again. just like a radiator in a car, it needs maintaining. Flushing,cleaning, etc,etc. Went back with air cooling for this rig with 5x 120mm 150cfm fans. Yes its loud, yes i have a jet in my room.

My next project is "cold air" intake. have a heater block with fans on it and coolant.

heres a pic of it before water cooling, i didnt take pics of water cooling when i did it though. http://curs3.net/images/rbcc/rbcc286.jpg

then made a wallpaper to match http://curs3.net/images/wallpapers/new/cursecase.jpg

Comment

More often than not, I want to throw my computer out the window and/or bash it over someone's head in a fit of rage when it takes 25 seconds longer to do something that I know it should be able to do in like 5 seconds...

Comment

i use to have a liquid cooled pc. Was trying to get away from the dust but you know liquid cooling is alot worse. I'll never do that again. just like a radiator in a car, it needs maintaining. Flushing,cleaning, etc,etc. Went back with air cooling for this rig with 5x 120mm 150cfm fans. Yes its loud, yes i have a jet in my room.

My next project is "cold air" intake. have a heater block with fans on it and coolant.

heres a pic of it before water cooling, i didnt take pics of water cooling when i did it though. http://curs3.net/images/rbcc/rbcc286.jpg

then made a wallpaper to match http://curs3.net/images/wallpapers/new/cursecase.jpg
                        Nice. I'd like to do a gaming mini itx build next. such tiny form factor, yet with some new mitx releases of mobos they are good LAN gaming choices.
                        I prefer simplicity with my builds anyways, and this would be a greay way of doin a very clean, yet xtreme build.

Probably would cost around 2k
                        Depends if I liquid cool it...and If i do, im housing all the LC gear in a seperate case

Comment

heck yeah do a shuttle. Always wanted to do one but never had an excuse(don't lan anymore).

Comment

heck yeah do a shuttle. Always wanted to do one but never had an excuse(don't lan anymore).
                            Not a shuttle. MITX yes, Shuttle no.

Comment

DIY rigs ftw ... quake, old school XvT (love the days of dial-up), WoW ... was hardcore about raiding but it's been a few months since raid leading ... prolly only play 2 hours a week, if that, just to log in and say hey to some ppl on the server ... but I did get a PS3 just to play God of War 3 and totally geeking out on that game
                              jdouchebag for president

Comment

anyone else here a BioWare junkie?

ME2 kinda sucked past playthrough 1 but DA:O is amazing, and awakenings is just as good as an xpac

Comment

Working...
                                X