Clear All

• CAMPAIGN Lays The Foundation With Controlled Labs "Orange OxiMega"

CAMPAIGN LAYS THE FOUNDATION WITH
    CONTROLLED LABS ORANGE OXIMEGA

More information about Orange OxiMega

SUPPLEMENT FACTS

FOREWORD
    First of all I would like to personally thank Controlled Labs for giving me the opportunity to test this exciting and innovative product. I believe that most bodybuilders often overlook the foundational supplements,which have an immense effect on training, in favor of a more promising and flashy preworkout or natural anabolic matrix. You can't expect to see results without first building a strong foundation, starting with essential nutrients. Since I already take Orange Triad as my multi, coupled with Orange OxiMega, I will have met my requirements for omegas, vitamins, minerals, fruits, vegetables, digestive support, immune support, joint support, and cardiovascular support. With that being said, I have quite extensive experience with all types of natural supplements, ranging from preworkouts to digestive enzymes, so hopefully this log, as it tracks my progress, reflects the true potential of Orange OxiMega as an overall support supplement to maintain a strong foundation! Everyone feel free to comment on anything that may improve the effectiveness of this supplement and feel free to ask any questions that you may have, as I will try to be most accommodating.

GOALS
    With this Orange OxiMega log I will be taking note of...
    - Overall wellness
    - Healthy cardiovascular function
    - Enhanced mental and cognitive focus
    - Increased endurance
    - Stronger blood pumps (via nitrates)
    - Ease of digestibility
    - Increased energy

BACKGROUND
    I have always been fascinated by the way in which a supplement can drastically aid in the overall performance of a weightlifter. I have vast experience with many different supplements from creatine to sleep aids. I have seen it all...from products that are absolute trash to ones that are quite impressive. Thus far, one of my favorite foundational supplements has been Controlled Labs Orange Triad, for the simple fact that it is so much more than a multivitamin. If anything, I notice the joint and immune support the most...I almost never get sick since I started taking it! Since this multivitamin did such a good job of creating a strong foundation for myself, I thought that I had all bases covered. However, with the introduction of Orange OxiMega, I realized that I was lacking one thing, a full serving of greens, or fruits and vegetables. Although my macros and diet were spot on, I was still missing out on the beneficial effects that fruits and veggies have to offer. Also, since these greens and the red beet root in particular donate nitrates, I am interested to see the synergistic effect that this has on my pump when combined with White Flood.

VITAL STATS
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 200lbs.
    Bodyfat: Approximately 13-15%
    Body type: Ecto-meso

DOSAGE

Fish Oil
    2 softgels 1-2 times a day with meals. Consume with at least 6 ounces of water.

Greens
    1-2 scoops with breakfast or spread throughout the day.

CURRENT DIET
    (Sample)
    Meal 1
    - 6-8 Egg Whites (1 yolk)
    - 3/4 Cup of Steel Cut Oats
    - ON Whey Protein Shake

Meal 2
    - Lean Ground Beef
    - 1/4 cup Cheese
    - Green Veggies

Meal 3
    - 2 Chicken Breasts
    - 1oz Walnuts

Meal 4 (Preworkout)
    - 2 Canned Tuna
    - 1tbsp. Full Fat Mayo
    - Green Veggies

Meal 5 (Postworkout)
    - 1 Chicken Breast
    - 1 cup of brown rice

Meal 6
    - Lean protein of choice
    - Green veggies

Meal 7
    - 1 scoop ON Casein Protein
    - 2tbsp. Peanut Butter

CURRENT WORKOUT ROUTINE
    Day 1: Shoulders/Abs
    - DB Shoulder Press
    - BB Military Press
    - BB Behind the Neck Military Press
    - Side Raises
    - Lateral Raises
    - Rear Delt Flyes
    - Lying Rear Delt Raises
    - Haney Shrugs
    - DB Shrugs

-Abdominals Circuit

Day 2: Chest/Obliques
    - BB Bench Press
    - DB Incline Press
    - DB Incline Flyes
    - DB Pullovers
    - DB Front Raises
    - Slanted Dips (Weighted)
    SUPERSET WITH...
    - Pushups

- Obliques Circuit

Day 3: Arms/Cardio
    - Standing BB Curls
    - Close Grip Bench Press
    - Incline DB Curls
    - Rope Pushdown
    - High Cable Curls
    - Skull Crushers

- 1 Hour Competitive Ice Hockey

Day 4: Back/Abs
    - Deadlifts
    - Wide Grip Pullups
    - Bent Over Rows
    - T-Bar Rows
    - Close Grip Pulldowns
    - Straight Arm Pushdowns
    - Face pulls
    - Upright Rows
    - Hyperextensions

- Abdominals Circuit

Day 5: Legs/Obliques
    - Leg Extensions
    - BB Squats
    - Leg Press
    - Lunges
    - Leg Curls
    - Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    - Calf Raises

- Obliques Circuit

Day 6: Arms
    - Seated Alternating Curls
    - Behind the Head Extensions
    - Hammer Curls
    - V-Bar Pushdowns
    - Lying Cable Curls
    - Dips

Day 7: Rest

Well since I live in Canada and it'll take a little longer for me to get mine I might as well post up a picture of the sexy packaging as a teaser...

Also, I'd like to take the time to list the other supplements that I am currently taking to make sure that it is okay to remain on these products while taking the OxiMega...
    · Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    · Jamieson Natural Sources Vitamin C
    · Controlled Labs Glycergrow
    · Controlled Labs Green Magnitude
    · Controlled Labs White Flood
    · Controlled Labs Purple InTrain
    · Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein

Comment

Waiting for my package as well Love the detail of the log. Gonna keep mine simple

Comment

Well since I live in Canada and it'll take a little longer for me to get mine I might as well post up a picture of the sexy packaging as a teaser...

Also, I'd like to take the time to list the other supplements that I am currently taking to make sure that it is okay to remain on these products while taking the OxiMega...
        · Controlled Labs Orange Triad
        · Jamieson Natural Sources Vitamin C
        · Controlled Labs Glycergrow
        · Controlled Labs Green Magnitude
        · Controlled Labs White Flood
        · Controlled Labs Purple InTrain
        · Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein

Comment

I FINALLY GOT MY OXIMEGA!

Since I received it tonight, I will officially start the log tomorrow...but in the mean time a few pics to hold you guys over until then!

The appealing packaging that it comes in...

It's a little colder in Canada so OxiMega asked for a toque, lulz.

The Fish Oil & Greens out of their box!

Fish Oil & Greens, meet your new foundational friend Orange Triad.

Comment

DAY 1: INITIAL REVIEW

NOTES
            I always like to test how my body reacts to a new product when I first get it, so as a result I took 2 fish oil softgels yesterday, one with breakfast and one with dinner...and 1 scoop of greens with breakfast. Tomorrow I plan on stepping it up the the full dose and will take 2 fish oil softgels with breakfast and dinner and 1 scoop of greens with breakfast and lunch or dinner!

INGREDIENT PROFILE
            The ingredient profile of both of these products is impressive! For years it has been a challenge searching for a fish oil supplement that contains at least a combined 500mg of EPA/DHA without taking 50 softgels at a time and breaking the bank! But it appears that this search is finally over. The generous dose of EPA/DHA in OxiMega as well as the 3 different types of fish used makes the quality of this product top notch...and by making the dosage so potent, only 1 or 2 softgels is needed at a time, drastically cutting down on cost and fat! In regards to the greens it's hard to comment on it in relation to other products because this supplement seems to be revolutionary! Not only are you getting 5 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit with each scoop, Controlled Labs has also covered digestion aid yet again with the inclusion of enzyme and probiotic complexes. Also, the nitrate donor vegetables are a nice addition to the formula as a means of increasing nitric oxide levels in the body, which in turn contribute to overall heart and cardiovascular health.

Fish Oil: A+
            Greens: A+

APPEARANCE
            The fish oil component of Orange OxiMega is a really good size. I've seen all different sized fish oil softgels and these are one of the smallest I've come across, making it very easy to ingest. When taking them, you hardly feel them go down your throat at all and in an instant they are gone. When I first looked at the greens, I was almost intimidated by what was inside lulz. After moving the powder around a little bit the first thing that it reminded me of are the herbs inside of a tea bag. Also, the powder is very fine which makes it easy to put through a funnel. I gave the greens a C+ for appearance, but do not be fooled by this grade...this is only based on its appearance and has nothing to do with performance, remember...never judge a book by its cover!

Greens: C+

SMELL
            When I opened the fish oil I was immediately taken back by the strong aroma of citrus! I mixed the softgels around inside the bottle and I must have smelled them at least another 10 times. I didn't think that I'd ever see the day that I'd want to smell something like fish oil, haha. The only complaint that I have is that during some sniffs you could still smell a fish scent...it was like a can of tuna drenched in orange and lemon juice! However, I cannot complain as I imagine that it is quite difficult to completely mask the fishy smell...this supplement has already far exceeded aroma of any other fish oil on the market! In relation to smell, the greens product was very interesting. When I first smelled the product inside of the tub I couldn't really smell the spearmint, or I should say it wasn't overwhelming like I thought it would be...it actually smelled more like an herbal tea blend. This aroma was still pleasant, but I was really hoping for more of a minty smell. After I dumped one scoop into an empty water bottle...this is were things start to get strange! I sniffed the greens again and the spearmint smell was very strong. After I added 3oz. of water this scent seemed to be accentuated and it smelled almost like a minty mouthwash...maybe I should start rinsing with this after I brush my teeth!

Fish Oil: A-
            Greens: A-

MIXABILITY
            The greens mixed really well with clumping issues. I was actually kinda surprised at this since only 3-6oz. of water is needed to mix with this product. After ingesting the greens I didn't feel any chunks stuck in my mouth and no residue was left behind in the bottle. The only thing that I didn't like about its mixability is the fact that when you shake it up in the bottle a little of the mixture stays on the unoccupied part of the plastic. Although it's probably only 0.01% of the serving this is just a pet peeve of mine as I always try to get every last drop! I tried swirling the mixture around instead, but this left a little bit of the powder unmixed at the bottom.

Greens: A

TASTE
            The taste of the fish oil was even better than its smell! I can't lie, after taking the first softgel, I sucked on it for a few seconds before swallowing to get a true feel for the citrus enteric coating (no homo). To my surprise the softgel didn't taste like fish at all and I could only taste a hint of the citrus...this was quite pleasant because normally I am used to fish oil having a real fishy taste, to the point that I almost have a hard time getting them down. However, the best part of the fish oil was the burps...yes you heard me, THE BURPS! For some reason I seemed to burp a little more than I usually do, but the first time it happened all I could taste was oranges! Mind=blown...I couldn't believe it! This happened a few more times and the same thing, a mouthful of orange and no fish! Throughout the rest of the day I found myself doing the, force air into your stomach so you burp trick because this after taste was so pleasing. The greens tasted a lot better than it smelled as well. Since it is naturally flavored with spearmint I thought that the taste might be a little overwhelming, however the opposite was true. The taste was actually really refreshing with a subtle hint of spearmint. I couldn't taste any of that chemical flavor that some people refer to and overall it went down very smoothly. For me, the best part was the after taste; it was almost like I'd just rinsed with a bottle of Scope mouthwash! Not only is this supp now part of my foundational staples its also a part of my personal hygiene haha.

PRICE
            The price of these foundational supplements is great! A full month's supply, or in some cases a 2 month supply for only $17.95 at bodybuilding.com and that's before any coupon codes! The package together with the greens is a month serving of both for only $37.95, which works out to be $1.27 a day for most of your foundational needs. Coupled with Orange Triad for only another .66 cents a day you will have covered all requirements for omegas, vitamins, minerals, fruits, vegetables, digestive support, immune support, joint support, and cardiovascular support.

OVERALL
            After my first single dose of Orange OxiMega I have already added it as a staple in my supplementation from now on. Paired with Orange Triad you cannot get much better of a foundation anywhere...I'm surprised that a product like this was not released earlier by Controlled Labs! I am excited to see how this will benefit not only my overall health but my lifting as well as I continue to take it...stay tuned I have a feeling that big things are the in works! OxiMega FTMFW!

And I leave you with a pic of the Controlled Labs family welcoming the newest members to its arsenal...

Comment

DAY 2
              BEFORE PICS

Workout: Back/Obliques
              Deadlifts [4 sets]
              135 x 15, 225 x 12, 315 x 10, 405 x 8
              Wide Grip Pullups [3 sets]
              BW x 12, BW x 10, BW x 10
              Straight Arm Pushdowns [3 sets]
              45 x 12, 60 x 12, 75 x 10
              Seated Close Grip Pulldowns [3 sets]
              120 x 12, 140 x 10, 160 x 8
              Seated T-Bar Rows [3 sets]
              45 x 12, 90 x 10, 135 x 8
              Face Pulls [3 sets]
              45 x 14, 60 x 12, 75 x 10
              Seated Machine Rows [3 sets]
              105 x 12, 120 x 10, 135 x 8
              Hyperextensions [3 sets]
              Obliques Circuit
              Workout Duration: 90 minutes
              Serving Size:
              Orange Triad: 2 capsules with breakfast; lunch; dinner
              Orange OxiMega Greens: 1 scoop with breakfast and dinner
              Orange OxiMega Fish Oil: 2 softgels with breakfast; 1 lunch; 1 dinner
              Generic Vitamin C: 1g with breakfast; lunch; dinner
              Glycergrow: 3 scoops 1 hour preworkout
              White Flood: 2 scoops 30 minutes preworkout
              Green Magnitude: 1 scoop 25 minutes preworkout
              Purple InTrain: Sip intraworkout
              ON Cake Batter Whey: 1 scoop with breakfast; 2 postworkout

Notes
              Well today marks the first day that I would be taking the full recommended serving of both the greens and fish oil and I couldn't wait to taste the spearminty goodness twice in one day! I was a little disappointed that I didn't get any fish burps today, as I was actually looking forward to the orange taste coming up lol. I didn't expect to feel immediate results right away and I suspect that any huge changes will be a result of the good ole placebo effect. Regardless, let's start laying a foundation with OxiMega!

Overall Wellness
              I woke up a little groggy and stuffed up today as my left nostril felt slightly congested. I rarely get sick and think that it has to do with the rapid change in climate; but after taking my first dose of the OxiMega greens and fish oil I immediately felt both physically and mentally uplifted. Not in the sense that I got a strong rush of energy, but in that the mental fog was lifted from my body. Also, about 2 hours after my first servings the congestion in my left nostril disappeared and I could breath mush easier.

Healthy Cardiovascular Function
              As I just mentioned, right around the time I was about to take the fish oil with my lunch, my nostrils suddenly felt clear and no longer congested. I'm not sure if I can totally attribute this to the OxiMega but it sure as hell made it a lot easier to breath during my back workout, especially after finishing a heavy set of deadlifts. This in turn led to shorter rest times and a subsequent more effective workout. I wouldn't say that my endurance has increased at all, I was just able to maximize my breathing patterns with a clear nasal tract.

Enhanced Mental and Cognitive Focus
              I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary today in relation to my mental focus. The White Flood already gives me that tunnel vision mentality and today's workout served as no exception. However, I did feel a little more alert than usual, taking notice of the people who were staring when I did my last set of DL's.

Pump
              For some reason I got a crazy pump going in my lats today, a lot stronger than I usually do. I know that I can attribute much of this pump to the White Flood, but the fullness that I was feeling today was like no other. I'd like to attribute this to the nitrate donor vegetables because of their ability to increase nitric oxide levels but it is too early to tell right now. Arms day tomorrow will be a real test to see if it is these vegetables that are the cause of my insane pump. This full feeling last for the duration of my workout and even for a while afterward. I found myself flaring my lats as I walked around the gym, quite the alpha feeling!

Ease of Digestibility
              Occasionally after I eat breakfast I will experience some harmless stomach pains due to the large quantity of food being digested and I thought that adding a greens complex might make this even worse. However today I didn't experience any pains at all and so far the greens and fish oil has been very easy to ingest. I've actually found that I've had more of an appetite lately and can't wait until my next meal.

Increased Energy
              I didn't really notice too much of an increase in energy outside of the White Flood, which remained steady for most of my workout. Like I previously mentioned, it felt as though after taking the first servings of OxiMega the strain of sleeping all night was lifted from me and I was able to recharge quicker for the day ahead.

Comments
              Overall, I am really pleased with the start of this log and think that I am already starting to feel some of OxiMega's effects. Although it is too early to say that the OxiMega is causing some of the positive results I am seeing, I hope that the pattern continues with the rest of my workouts so that I can know for sure. Hopefully the placebo effect will have worn off by tomorrow and I can truly gauge the effectiveness of the OxiMega as a foundational supplement.

What's Ahead in Day 3?
              Tomorrow I will be working arms for the second time this week, with an emphasis on low reps to ensure that I am not overtraining. Waking up tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if the OxiMega has any effect on recovery, especially after a heavy back day. I am going to continue with the same dosing protocol that I used today, but may try taking 2 fish oil softgels with dinner this time instead of split 1 and 1 with lunch and dinner. Hopefully I get some more delicious orange burps! Stay tuned brahs.

Before Picture
              This was taken the day that I submitted my application for this log, cold and sitting at just about 200lbs.

Comment

Great log! Lookin' good too (no homo)
                (pull your shorts up...)

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
                  Great log! Lookin' good too (no homo)
                  (pull your shorts up...)
                  Haha thanks brah! I have no idea how they got that low?!

Comment

DAY 3

Workout: Arms
                    Incline DB Curls [3 sets]
                    30 x 12, 35 x 10, 45 x 6
                    Close Grip Bench Press [4 sets]
                    135 x 15, 185 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 4
                    Standing Hammer Curls [3 sets]
                    30 x 10, 40 x 8, 50 x 5
                    Rope Pushdowns [3 sets]
                    60 x 10, 70 x 8, 80 x 6
                    Single Arm Pulley Curls [3 sets]
                    40 x 12, 50 x 10, 60 x 8
                    French Curls [3 sets]
                    30 x 10, 35 x 8, 40 x 6
                    Workout Duration: 60 minutes
                    Serving Size:
                    Glycergrow: 3 scoops 1 hour preworkout
                    White Flood: 2 scoops 35 minutes preworkout
                    Green Magnitude: 1 scoop 30 minutes preworkout
                    Purple InTrain: Sip intraworkout
                    ON Cake Batter Whey: 1 scoop with breakfast; 2 postworkout

Notes
                    Today marks the second day of taking the full dosage of Orange OxiMega and so far my early experiences have been very positive! The citrus coating on the fish oil almost makes this fishy supplement fun to take and I'm loving the refreshing taste of the spearmint in the greens...it's especially great taking it immediately after a meal as I find that it really rinses your mouth and leaves a minty fresh after taste. Don't let the smell in the tub fool you! I only got a few fish oil burps today and I didn't notice the citrus taste as much as I did the first day, although a faint hint of orange was still there.

Overall Wellness
                    I woke up a lot more refreshed than I did yesterday and this time without the nasal congestion. After taking my first dose of the fish oil and greens that last little bit of brain fog was washed away and I felt pretty alert and ready for the day despite the fact that I had to go into work. I felt really good all day at work and focused on staying hydrated so that I would be in good form going into my workout.

My breathing was a lot easier today as I no longer had any nasal congestion. I think that I can more confidently attribute this to the OxiMega now, since this congestion usually gets worse in the mornings...today however, nothing! Working arms, I didn't need to overly exert myself like I would working back or legs and this made it a lot easier to catch my breath during my rest times. I wouldn't necessarily say that my overall cardiovascular endurance has improved since I started this log, but the OxiMega has definitely helped me get back to the level I was at before my breathing was restricted due to congestion.

Nothing too much to report in terms of enhanced mental and cognitive focus. The White Flood put me in the proper mind set to lift and helped me maintain focus on my workout. I should note though, that during single arm cable curls I did find myself really focusing on squeezing the muscle at the peak of my contraction.

Pump
                    Again today I got a crazy pump going in my arms...my back even felt a little pumped from yesterday! What a great feeling. From the first exercise my arms felt really full and this lasted for the duration of my workout. I'm still skeptical to attribute this to the nitrate donor vegetables, but I can't think of any other logical explanation for these strong pumps I've been getting the last two days. I think this paired with the White Flood must be the cause! Regardless, this enhanced pump is more than welcome and hopefully it continues as I start my week over again on Monday.

Ease of Digestibility
                    No stomach or digestion issues to report today, everything was spot on. The fish oil are going down with ease; it's like they aren't even there when swallowing them. I take the greens in a nice cold, refreshing shot and the flavor actually makes me look forward to the next dose...unlike some other supplements that are almost unbearable! The increased appetite that I had yesterday seemed to be just a one day thing, as today it is back to normal.

Increased Energy
                    My energy levels today were quite similar to yesterday, as it was predominantly the White Flood that got me jacked to hit the weights. I think that as this log continues I am going to notice that the OxiMega is helping me sustain long term energy of the course of the day as opposed to a quicker stimulant type energy that White Flood provides. I'll be keeping a close eye on this and will be sure to comment.

Comments
                    Overall, another solid day today and definitely a step in the right direction to keeping my foundation sturdy. I am definitely feeling more alert and awake during the day and I've also noticed that I'm not as fatigued going into my workout after finishing an 8 hour work shift. I haven't got many more fish oil burps and it's really quite unfortunate since that orange taste was really good, haha. Also in regards to recovery, I still had some DOMS in my legs from a few days ago so I don't think that the OxiMega has contributed in that department...at least for now anyways!

What's Ahead in Day 3?
                    Tomorrow will be a well deserved rest day and I will be focusing on sticking to my clean bulking diet as well as relaxing so that I am fully recovered for a new workout week. Monday I will be starting with shoulders so hopefully the addition of the OxiMega will help to get me prepared for this.

And today I leave you with a delicious Golden Gains Pumpkin Pie recipe (all credit goes to Anaconda from the Controlled Labs forums )

Directions
                    2 scoops Golden Gains
                    1/2 (15oz.) package refrigerated pie crust
                    1 (15oz.) can pumpkin
                    3/4 cup Splenda (no calorie sweetener), granulated
                    1/3 cup brown sugar
                    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
                    2 teaspoons ground ginger
                    1/2 teaspoon salt
                    1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
                    3/4 cup half-and-half
                    3 large eggs, lightly beaten
                    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Nutritional Information: Per 1 Pie
                    Calories: 533 kcal
                    Carbohydrates: 62 g
                    Dietary Fiber: 5 g
                    Fat: 12 g
                    Protein: 25 g
                    Sugars: 11 g

Cooking Directions
                    · Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
                    · Unfold pie crust; press out fold lines; fit pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp
                    · Stir together pumpkin & 2 scoops of GG's and next 7 ingredients until blended; can add a tad more pumpkin if desired
                    · Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended
                    · Pour filling into pie crust
                    · Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until set in the center
                    · Cool completely on a wire rack

Comment

So whats your overall goal man?
                      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                      CFD

Comment

how long have you been on that routine?

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                          So whats your overall goal man?
                          Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
                          how long have you been on that routine?
                          Right now I am currently bulking taking in 4000+ calories a day with a macronutrient ratio of 40/35/25 (protein/carbs/fat). Hoping to get to 210lbs. lean with a bf% of around 10-12%. Then in about a month or two I will start cutting for summer.

Been on the single exercise six day split for about a year now. I like it because it gives my muscles adequate time to recover between days.

Comment

DAY 4

Workout: Rest
                            Serving Size:
                            Green Magnitude: 1 scoop after lunch
                            ON Cake Batter Whey: 1 scoop with breakfast; 1 lunch

Notes
                            So today I went out to run a few errands and along the way I stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up some toiletries. I got some gum among other things and when I got back in my car and opened the pack that familiar Orange OxiMega greens smell filled my nostrils and I looked around everywhere expecting to find a freshly poured shot waiting for me, haha. The 5 Rain gum smells exactly like the spearmint in the greens! Anyways, today was a very nice rest day for me. I just relaxed and watched the Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers game as well as March Madness of course. I didn't get too many fish oil burps today, only one or two but I could taste the orange flavor again...delicious lol.

Overall Wellness
                            Well I got to sleep in today since I had the day off from work and the gym, so naturally I felt pretty refreshed when I woke up; no grogginess or tiredness. Upon taking my first doses of OxiMega I felt quite alert and energized and I had no brain fog at all. I also sat in my hot tub for about 30 minutes today so that helped me relax both mentally and physically. One problem that I have on rest days is that my water intake seems to suffer since I'm not constantly on my feet all day; so today I tried to make sure that I was taking in as much as I can. I probably got close to 1.5 gallons.

Since today was a rest day for me I didn't really need to exert myself, so commenting on my cardiovascular functionality is a little difficult. I should note that the congested feeling I had in my nasal passages the past few days is completely gone and I can breathe easily through my nostrils. Hopefully this translates into positive breathing patterns during my workout tomorrow, especially since I've had a day to relax and recover.

Again, like cardiovascular function, I didn't really require an intense amount of mental and cognitive focus like I do on my workout days. Today was more about relaxing my mind and reflecting on the things that I can work on and improve from the previous week. The OxiMega seemed to put my mind at ease and made formulating thoughts very easy. This should help me zero in on certain things I can improve in order to maximize each workout. This week for example, I came to the conclusion that I need to start putting more emphasis on the smaller muscles like calves and traps, as this completes the overall physique.

Pump
                            No pump on rest day! Although looking in the mirror and flexing a few times I do think that I am a little more vascular than normal...could this be the nitrate donor vegetables?! It's hard to say at this point in the log, but regardless I am quite happy with the progress that I am making in bringing out more veins. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the same pump that I had the last few workouts. Shoulders can usually go either way for me; one workout they'll feel really full and tight and the next I won't feel nearly as pumped.

Ease of Digestibility
                            Having the day off from work and the gym allows me to eat my food at a much more relaxed pace as opposed to having to force it down because of break times and commuting. As a result, I always find that it is much easier for my stomach to digest this food. The OxiMega still has caused no issues at all and both the fish oil and greens keep going down smoothly. I'm absolutely loving the spearmint flavor and the citrus burps are great lol. Appetite wasn't the greatest today, as I felt pretty full for most of the day; most likely due to my metabolism staying at a base rate all day.

Increased Energy
                            Although I didn't lift today my energy levels were quite high. Not so much in the sense that I was hyper and needed something to do but in that I was mentally alert and aware of my surroundings. Usually on days that I'm just relaxing I'll get tired at certain points of the day and doze off but I didn't experience that today. Hopefully after a day break from the White Flood, it'll give me that extra hyper boost I need to crush shoulders tomorrow!

Comments
                            Overall, this was a much needed rest day. The hot tub gave me a chance to really to relax my muscles and get them geared up for a big shoulder day tomorrow. My supplement foundation remains strong and it's very liberating to know that I have my omegas, vitamins, minerals, fruits, vegetables, digestive support, immune support, joint support, and cardiovascular support covered every day that I go into battle in the gym. I am just about to go to sleep for the night so I should get a solid 8 hours to recharge for the start of the week tomorrow. Hopefully the OxiMega continues to perform like it has been!

What's Ahead in Day 5?
                            SHOULDERS! I like to start my week with shoulders as I feel it is one of my weaker muscle groups. Hopefully the OxiMega mixed with the White Flood and Purple InTrain give me some explosive results. I know that I have my foundation covered so now I can start focusing on building the framework. Come at me bro!

And I leave you with some quick Photoshop inspiration

Comment

Im very tempted to steal your routine and try it out, with a few modifications of course.
                              I was going to go into Westside training...but i dont feel like it yet, yeah i know shit reason lol, but oh well. I want to have fun

Comment

Working...
                              X