Preacher Curls 4x8
    Alt DB Curls 4x10
    Cable Curls 3x12

Tricep French Curl 4x10
    Rope Pulldown 4x8
    Skullcrusher 4x8

Wrist Curls 3x10
    Rev Cable Wrist Curl 3x10

So give me some advice, some new things to try, etc Thanks!

This is the Arm Routine I use when trying to increase Muscle and Strength, I stick to 4-8 reps, then to get a good Pump 8-12 reps at the end.

Arm workout
    Barbell Curl 3 sets
    SS
    Skull Crushers 3 sets

Preacher Curls 3 sets
    SS
    Overhead DB Extention 3 sets

Incline Curls 3 sets
    SS
    DB Kickback 3 sets

Arm Pump Circuit8-12reps
    Arnold Curl 3 sets
    Hammer Curl 3 sets
    Wrist curls 3 sets
    Reverse Wrist curls 3 sets
    SS
    Tricep Push down Tri-set 3 sets

Comment

You do that all in one day? Or do you break it up?

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
        You do that all in one day? Or do you break it up?
        Ya all together, first part all super sets focusing on the Strength/Pump and then I do my Pump circuit I repeat 3 times.

Comment

Alright so in the pump circuit...you do a arnold curl, rest, hamer curl, rest, etc. then once ur done you repeat it all again?

Comment

For the Circuit theres no rest inbetween sets, I go through the whole circuit then rest 1 min and repeat untill I have done it 3 times.

Comment

Then why does the last 2 exercises say SS when its technically all one giant set?

Comment

Well just showing it's Bi/Forearm then Triceps, but I guess the proper term is gaint set.

Comment

I'll give it a try tomorrow since it's my shoulder/arm day, thanks!

Comment

NP, Hope ya like it

Comment

Arm workouts are like masturbation..makes you feel good, but your only fucking yourself.
                      Last edited by jiritt0; 03-12-2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Why do you say that?

Comment

because its funny...

and true.

The musculature of the arm is like 5% of the entire bodies muscle mass; why invest time only training such a small portion through isolation?! (number is an aproximation, im no super genius)

I prefer to train the entire body as much as possible, especially anything that will involve the core (knees to nipples) --- for example why do standing bicep curls if you could do a wall squat bicep curl? or static bottom ROM lunge bicep curl? or bicep curlt o shoulder press? (still too much focus on a bicep curl for my tastes)

For arm training, I prefer and recommend the following: upper body pushes/pulls (bench, row, military), pullups, chinups, dips, and pushups performed in varying loading patterns (strength, hypertrophy, endurance and power when able) incorporating as many variations of the movements as possible.

Unless your goal is to become mr olympia (or something along those lines regardles of steroid use), a workout solely focused on the arm is extremely inefficient. I only even bother with isolation movements 1-2 weeks in advance of a large event - ie: in mid may the week or so prior to my wedding I will invest time/energy in traditional long slow duration cardio and doing direct bicep work, the exact training most people do year round simply because its easy and they don't know any better.

If you wanna polish a workout off with a set of curls or some BS, that's fine, the pump and mental benefits cant be ignored, but the posted above workouts are closer to worthless than anything beneficial (unless you meet the criteria I mentioned above, feel the size of your arms = quality of life and bigger=better, or have a body dysmorphic -or similiar psychological- issue)

try and replace everything you have been doing with your "arm" workouts with the exercises I listed for a month or two and see what happens to those super soakers.. you may pick up a few more oz and even flirt with the bb guns someday..this may not be the most enjoyable or fun type of training, but if you want results i speak the truth.
                          Last edited by jiritt0; 03-12-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Alright, so could you list me some Bi/Tri/Forearm movements to do then? On top of the ones you just listed. Id appreciate it greatly. You obviously seem to know what your dealing with here

And post some pics up man, you know your shit, so u gotta be lookin good (no homo) lol

Comment

biceps - I find chinups to be superior - any kind of underhand row, suicide benches (not the safest idea though), and they will be loaded eccentricly or concentriclly anytime you flex and extended the elbow

triceps - dips with hands under shoulders and weight from waist (hands wide or weight around neck = more chest) - any overhand or neutral rowing motion (I love KROC rows...) - any upper body press (horizontal bench or vertical shoulder), pullups, and pushups - and same thing as bicep, anytime you flex or extend the elbow the tricep will be loaded either eccentriclyly or concentriclly (in the opposite manner of the bicep)

forearms - max effort deads with an overhand grip til you can't, fat bar anything (theres wraps for this I need to buy), anything incorporating towels, pinching objects, gripping objects, or flexion/extension and radiation/deviation of the wrist (basically any controlled movement pattern, up to down, side to side, etc.)

a good forearm one is to squeeze and make a tight fist as hard as you can for ten seconds, than extend all fingers as wide as you can for ten seconds and repeat for 5minutes straight. got that one from a cowboy, I've tested it and it is no fun

IMO these are far superior to focusing on isolation movements; sure throwing in curls/tricep work to finish a workout for mental reasons (aka pump BS) is okay or more importantly to kink out any muscular imbalances/strengthen weakpoints for more important exercises and general health/joint functioning or to hit certain heads of the biceps/triceps (if you want big arms, focus on triceps, it has 3 heads not 2, and is bigger by nature...biceps are for male models, triceps are for meatheads)

this is just everything from my mind.

I avoid posting personal info anymore. i also do my best to avoid incorporating supplements . it goes against the philisophy i follow as a coach/trainer -- i personally have a different vantage point but for legal and moral reasons I provide what information I feel appropriate (ie: most people shouldnt even be using supplements..and it is a shame they do; supplementing a crappy diet and 1980's school boy training program is like putting a brand new fancy looking shiny paint job on a ford focus - it's still a POS car)
                              Last edited by jiritt0; 03-12-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X