Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to ge my diet down a little better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to ge my diet down a little better...

So I am thinking this as a basis:

Meal 1: (Upon waking, which is usually around noon...yea yeah...i sleep late, but i stay up late as well haha)
    1 scp ON + milk

Breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal or 3 whole eggs scrambled

Snack:
    1 cup cottage cheese or a Powerbar

Lunch:
    Chicken or tuna in some form.
    Probably on whole wheat with light mayo

Pre-Workout:
    BG 1 hr pre
    GM 30 min pre

Post-Workout:
    1 scp ON + milk (sometimes add 1 scp of PB)

Dinner:
    Meat+Carb+Salad

Pre-Bed:
    2 scp of PB+Milk+Banana blended up!

How much you weigh and what is your goal? Looks like your protein intake is real low. Add some veggies or fruit to a couple of more meals also.
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Comment

Im 165, and my goal is to gain mass/muscle size, so...to bulk i guess you could say!

Comment

avoid the fat immediately postworkout - consume it closer to 90minutes + post. it will slow your nutrient absorbation which is not ideal immediately post workout

I would also recommend swapping the early AM shake and whole food consumption (shake after a real meal as a snack)

if you want to get big, eat alot more and lift heavy weights with compound movements...learn to love carbohydrates as well. they fuel your body to burn energy and build muscle...more muscle = higher basal metabolism = quicker fat loss = enhanced kinetic patterning blah blah blah

and like farmer said, you are doing yourself a huge injustice by not consuming real fruits and veggies. I dont care what anyone says about carbs/sugar from them, there is no way you can get fat eating berries, broccoli (etc) while there are supplements designed to provide similiar benefits; no powder/pill replaces real food. anyone that is anyone in the world of exercise will tell you that (unless they are attached to a company/don't speak the truth)

drop the mayo and as many processed food items as you can -- buy a book or google the caveman/paleo diet and read. possibly rent food inc and similiar documentaries..

If it doesn't come from the earth naturally, organically, the human body isn't designed to consume and digest it. You will notice major changes in your bodies performance and overall cellular functioning by eliminating any and all dairy, wheat, gluten, yeast, and cow products from your intake. The shit they feed animals and chemicals they pump into them is rediculous.. if you wouldnt take steroids why would you eat meat from a cow that is 2-3x the weight it should be due to hormone injects, is feeding off of genetically modified corn (not grass), and spends its entire life walking around knee deep in cow shit... that movie is disguisting, big business agriculture is diguisting.
        Last edited by jiritt0; 03-11-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice that was helpful. Ill google the caveman diet.

Comment

The caveman diet is interesting. Some of its principles I agree with but not all. Wheat and milk have been a part of the human diet for over 1000yrs in different large civilizations. Milk has a great nutrient profile imo, whether youre wanting to build muscle or stay healthy. I think its a very interesting concept but you have to many civilizations who have used both and were abundant. Now if you are just talking about the other products that are put into milk, bread, etc., then I could understand.
            CFD

Comment

I could never cut milk...i love it way too much. Bread, i could cut, and pastas.

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
                I could never cut milk...i love it way too much. Bread, i could cut, and pastas.
                I used to drink 2-3 gallons a week or so... my roommate and I would make special trips to the store during college just to get two gallons of milk each.. of course, I used to be fatter, weaker, and have rediclous amounts of pain after lifting half of what I can move now pain free...

Now I drink about 1-2 gallons of almond or coconut milk a week..and of course I opt to buy the unsweetened kinds as much as I can. Both nutrients are far superior to regular milk from the modern cow (which is injected with a ton of chemicals and raised to make money not supply nutrients and sustain life)

The caveman diet wont be for everyone - it is rediculously intense and difficult to follow, especially in todays fatass world. I assure you though, making the adjustments will significantly enhance your performance and health, assuming you don't skimp on macro/micro nutrients.

Milk basically leads to cellular inflammation which is the main source of soreness/pain and many diseases/illnesses.. At the cellular level it functions in an opposite manner to omega fats

I read an article about some guy that cured his asthma by incorporating caveman nutrition. He said he had it pretty bad for a very long time, than started incorporating the caveman diet for performance properties, and soon discovered he was unable to even force himself into an asthma attack -- http://www.elitefts.com/documents/finding_the_line.htm

http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk. Human milk is for humans. Cow's milk is for calves. You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!" --Dr Michael Klaper MD

It's science if you think about it.. did people used to go up under a cow and drink from it's teets?! I doubt it.. and I wonder what crazy fool had the idea..
                Last edited by jiritt0; 03-12-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

my fiancee works at a resturant college in philadelphia - last night they had a graduation ceremony and the keynote speaker was Christina Pirello

http://www.christinacooks.com/my_story
                  From her bio:

At age 26, she was diagnosed with terminal leukemia. By the time her illness was identified, the cancer had already advanced to an acute stage. Her doctors gave her little reason to have hope for the effectiveness of conventional medical therapies and told her she had only months to live. Initially, she was discouraged and uncertain. Then a co-worker introduced her to Robert Pirello, a whole foods advocate who helped her adapt her lifestyle and diet based on whole, unprocessed food. With love, dedication and death-defying discipline, Christina overcame the odds, and in the process developed an expertise in cooking with whole foods. After just two months of eating beans, grains and vegetables, her doctors noticed a significant improvement in her condition. In fourteen months, her cancer was gone.

Never underestimate the power of whole foods.

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Thats great to hear about the girl. Im glad it can help some people. Most of the ideas of this diet I have been following in my own. Unfortunately alot of people in this country think they are "dieting" when they either A) dont eat crap at all except yogurt and rice ***** or B) get a side of apple bites with their big mac at McDonalds instead of french fries
                      CFD

Comment

I've been trying to follow a paleo diet (trying). When I did it for a month straight without cheating I felt so much better. Reading The Paleo diet for Athletes right now.
                        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Great read I imagine!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                            Great read I imagine!!
                            Just started it but I'll let you know. I've recently added the coconut milk to my diet too.
                            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Well I read a few articles on the diet and I plan on purchasing the book on ebay tonight to give it a read.
                              CFD

Comment

Working...
                              X