Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to ge my diet down a little better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diets are BS -- it is a lifestyle you want to culminate. a consistent regime/pattern of healthy and natural nutritional intake.

not eliminating starch carbs for a week and than fiberous carbs for a week or two all while dropping kcals about 1,500 overnight.. most people don't eat enough and that's why their fat, or unhealthy. seriously

buy the abs diet book and read the intro (i think) -- its the only real diet/nutrition book ive succesfully read (they are all so boring) and i enjoyed the part when it talked about the difference between dieting and healthy living/eating. I dont know why they call it the abs diet, it is very misleading, but i imagine the name was selected to sell (abs diet sounds better than abs lifestyle plan or something )

Nutrition patterns that are restrictive in nature (aka "dieting") is designed to provide quick results but also force you to fail, especially if someone is getting money out of you.

think about it..

you join weight watchers, or start atkins..

you lose 5-10 pounds quick, in a few weeks/whatever

you love this and tell all your friends (maybe they will join too if they are equally fatass like you, which usually is the case)

what happens a few months later? 4-5months later? you can sustain that crappy lifestyle, you go back to old habits, and put on even more weight in the form of bodyfat

its worth noting this is also extremely harmful to your internal organs...but most people arent even aware of that

than your like F me, im fat again.. i gotta start weight watches/atkins again ! that shiz worked!

next think you know, your back on the horse for a quick ride only to get tossed off when your body finally says enough due to the fact you cant sustain those unhealthy patterns of restriction.

shoot..look at the biggest loser show.. my fiancee was just telling me last night that the original winner from it all is fatter than ever ... possibly because they taught them how to diet in the american sense, and provided little to no education on anything, and gave them shitty little workouts that look neat on tv and attract the moronic mass of american tv viewers.

thats my .02c. By nature bodybuilding as a sport gives some insight into nutrition, albeit from a rather unhealthy vantage point.

Go paleo, live your life, eat the food that the world meant for you to eat. not the chemical/genetically modified illusion of food society has built all around you (caveman didnt have pesticides or chickens with breasts 2-3x larger than they should be because the breast it the most expensive/desired part of the animal)

Ever wonder why cancer, diabetes, obesity, and other serious health issues are so prevelant? I dont..
    Last edited by jiritt0; 03-13-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I hear you. And I mean "diet" as a sense of a nutrtional plan/lifesyle/what have you
      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
      CFD

Comment

Working...
      X