where to feel a deadlift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to feel a deadlift

I've been working on some new routine stuff. Mostly compound workouts instead of isolating. I'm pretty much on my own at the gym I go really late maybe one or two people are there if any. I've been following the guides on bb.com and their videos however they don't explain such things as. If you are doing it right/wrong you will feel it here.

my main concern is deadlifting. I followed the advice to the T but my back is in pain afterwards, the entire back. After doing a 4 x 8 with one plate.

like i said im on my own so my only resource of guidance is stuff online.

my main priority is to get the form and technique down for a couple of weeks then start maxing the weight on all the stuff i do.
    Last edited by Curse; 03-05-2010, 05:00 AM.

1: your back is really weak,

2: you are not bracing your core and thus failing to keep your spine in natural alignment - ie: you are rounding your back and putting all the pressure into the disks of the lumbar spine rather than the desired muscles (TVA or erector spinae)

3: a combination of 1 and 2

you should not max attempt for a good long time, especially with deadlifts. of course, if you feel your fine to max attempt and pursue that, the worst that could happen is a hernia, dislocated disk, pinched nerve, or something similiar if your technique is incorrect.

Comment

I'll work on the core. It probably a combo like you said. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X