No announcement yet.

When to take white flood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I definitely want to eat something before my workout and not just count on WF/GM/PW???

Surely I'll need some protein and carbs after waking up

Comment

Originally posted by funked View Post
      Well I definitely want to eat something before my workout and not just count on WF/GM/PW???

Not really, I train between 9am and 11am usually, have done so on an empty stomach for ages. Its fine.
      Brute force without wisdom falls by its own weight.
      Horace, Odes, iv, 65

Comment

Originally posted by funked View Post

I usually crush some turkey sausages, oats, mixed berries, and eggs post workout at 7:30 - 8:00 am'ish. And then I go train at 10:30, I find this ideal for me. But nonetheless, I think having food in your sytem is a very good idea if you train in the AM

Comment

Originally posted by 5six View Post
          I usually crush some turkey sausages, oats, mixed berries, and eggs post workout at 7:30 - 8:00 am'ish. And then I go train at 10:30, I find this ideal for me. But nonetheless, I think having food in your sytem is a very good idea if you train in the AM
          Yep. Fasted cardio can be done with less in your system, but Id want some real food in me before hitting the weights. You need it when pushing the iron

Comment

Originally posted by wheyfocused View Post
            Yep. Fasted cardio can be done with less in your system, but Id want some real food in me before hitting the weights. You need it when pushing the iron
            Interesting. I find the opposite to be true for me. I prefare a 'fasted' weights session (especially legs, if I eat before legs I WILL puke!) and with my cardio I like to eat something semi-substantial about an hour before hand and have about a pint or so of BCAA (Xtend) before I set out.
            Brute force without wisdom falls by its own weight.
            Horace, Odes, iv, 65

Comment

Originally posted by JackM View Post
              Interesting. I find the opposite to be true for me. I prefare a 'fasted' weights session (especially legs, if I eat before legs I WILL puke!) and with my cardio I like to eat something semi-substantial about an hour before hand and have about a pint or so of BCAA (Xtend) before I set out.
              Im not suggesting eating something substantial within an hour of lifting. Rather eating a meal, giving it time to digest then lifting to supply fuel for your weights session

Comment

Well I tried it taking white flood on an empty stomach yesterday morning as soon as I woke.

Had my protein shake about 10 mins later and GM just before I left for the gym.

Definitely feel as if my workout wasn't as effective.

Not sure if I want to go train on a completely empty stomach, I'd rather get a shake in first as soon as I wake.

Comment

@Funked, if you go with what wheyfocused says, you should be good.

Get some food into your system, or at least a shake like you say

Comment

So even though it isn't ideal to have a protein shake and WF close together, is it still a better option than just WF in you workout in the early AM? Or should i do a small carb and WF. I wake at 5 and gym at 5:30. I'm new to the WF family so I'm curious about the proper way to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by RDub View Post
                      So even though it isn't ideal to have a protein shake and WF close together, is it still a better option than just WF in you workout in the early AM? Or should i do a small carb and WF. I wake at 5 and gym at 5:30. I'm new to the WF family so I'm curious about the proper way to use it.
                      take some carbs with white flood and take the protein post workout
                      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole