arnold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arnold

who all plans on going to the arnold this year?

I might be there... haven't decided yet.

Wish I could.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Something I always wanted to go to.

Comment

Going all three days!

Comment

I'd rather go to hawaii.. and I will for 2 weeks in may!!! haha

but no, serious - the arnold seems silly to me. wouldn't you rather invest money into an event where you'll learning training/nutrition principles to enhance your progress? rather than a large scale event that will only cause you to be lured into the supplement industry and its rediculous marketing hype full blown?

I've never been to the arnolds or read about them, but if you post a schedule that proves there is an educational aspect to it i would be interested, somewhat, not really, no i'll prolly never touchdown there to be honest.

Personally I have funds invested in 2 collegiate strength & conditioning clinics, a hammer strength clinic w/ Louie Simmons (!!!!!!!!!!!), a USA track and field coaches event, and I may go to my alma maters sport psychology conference I was a chair for last year if it doesnt conflict with hawaii

knowledge from some of the best of the best > free pills/powder/tee-shirts hyped up from supplement companies trying to get your money
          Last edited by jiritt0; 02-11-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Actually, there's alot to see at the Arnold, yes, the company booths take up alot of it, but there's a good amount of other stuff to see.

wrestling, gymnastics, powerlifting, oly lifting, competitive table tennis, and of course bb'ing. There's also seminars and stuff. Some of it is inclusive in the general ticket price, others you gotta pay extra for.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
              I'd rather go to hawaii.. and I will for 2 weeks in may!!! haha

but no, serious - the arnold seems silly to me. wouldn't you rather invest money into an event where you'll learning training/nutrition principles to enhance your progress? rather than a large scale event that will only cause you to be lured into the supplement industry and its rediculous marketing hype full blown?

I've never been to the arnolds or read about them, but if you post a schedule that proves there is an educational aspect to it i would be interested, somewhat, not really, no i'll prolly never touchdown there to be honest.

Personally I have funds invested in 2 collegiate strength & conditioning clinics, a hammer strength clinic w/ Louie Simmons (!!!!!!!!!!!), a USA track and field coaches event, and I may go to my alma maters sport psychology conference I was a chair for last year if it doesnt conflict with hawaii

knowledge from some of the best of the best > free pills/powder/tee-shirts hyped up from supplement companies trying to get your money
              I agree 100%. I love reading stories, articles, and old school training philosophies from the early 80's and before. Bodybuilding and fitness for that matter is getting overran with dumb "super supplements" that will make me gain 20lbs of muscle in one month. I dont even stay up with bodybuilding anymore bc of that.
              "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
              CFD

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                Bodybuilding and fitness for that matter is getting overran with dumb "super supplements"
                CL makes "super supplements" are you saying they are dumb?

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
                Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Comment

Originally posted by Illilian View Post
                  Actually, there's alot to see at the Arnold, yes, the company booths take up alot of it, but there's a good amount of other stuff to see.

wrestling, gymnastics, powerlifting, oly lifting, competitive table tennis, and of course bb'ing. There's also seminars and stuff. Some of it is inclusive in the general ticket price, others you gotta pay extra for.
                  yeah, but im not all about being a spectator at said events, i'd rather perform!

Comment

Haha
                    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                    CFD

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                      yeah, but im not all about being a spectator at said events, i'd rather perform!
                      I agree with you 100% about performing..

but it's also awesome to sit and root for people. Last year I sat in on the youth olympic lifting and i was amazed with some of those kids. Those kids can hoist barbells.

anyway, here's the link for the daily schedule:

http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/...le-of-events/#

Comment

are the events open to anyone that wants to compete and pays? or is there a qualification system for it?

Comment

bb'ing is by invitation only....

all other events:

(from the faq)
                          22. How do I enter any of the other sports or events that occur during the Festival?

Please visit www.arnoldsportsfestival.com then click on the particular sport of interest to view information about their registration process.

Comment

interesting.. i've considered getting into strongman/olympic lifting competition.. but them people are intense and i dont believe i'd enjoy focusing solely on either to truly excel. i prefer to incorporate bits of everything, and train like an athlete for performance

Comment

I'll be there, live 10min from the expo, have a secret parking spot too, works every year
                              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X