10 fitness tips for woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 fitness tips for woman

1) Listen to your body. As you are training it is easy to become preoccupied with the repetitions you are doing, or the time you have been exercising. Leave your watch at home and slow down or walk when your body hurts- but on the same note do not be afraid to push yourself, the gym should not be a leisurely walk in the park if you are wanted to get sculpted. You must learn you understand your body

2) To improve your fitness health you need to eat a varied diet. Five fruit and vegetables a day should be your minimum target. Your health will improve if you eat at least five different kinds of fruit, then any vegetables will be a bonus.

3) Take a complete day off from exercise every once in a while. It does not have to be every week, but doing extra training when you are tired may have a detrimental effect on your health and fitness. You become fitter and healthier through rest as much as exercise. My off day is generally Sunday

4) For muscle increase up protein intake: make sure every meal includes good protein sources: lean meats, poultry, seafood, dairy, and beans are great examples. Do no be afraid to include protein shakes in your diet: WHEY is a great source and it takes awesome

5) Understand technique before trying anything new. This will insure that you will not cause injury and you will maximize the results you want. If you have questions consult a gym professional or another reliable source.

6) You will improve your health and fitness by stretching more. Your muscles get shorter through exercise, and if you never stretch you will get injured. One method is to warm up slowly first, then spend several minutes stretching before the main workout. Stretch thoroughly after exercise as well.

7) You need to stay hydrated if you are exercising more. This means drinking water and sports drinks if you are sweating a lot. You lose minerals in your body while sweating. It is recommended to drink five glasses of water a day, but if you are working out you need to drink more than this. Do not get carried away, though, because it can be just as dangerous to drink too much as too little.

8) Exercise with other people. You will meet new friends, and your fitness will improve if you have other people to motivate you.

9) Do not become too competitive as this may harm your health. Motivation from other people is good, but you should only compete against yourself. Try too hard to keep up with someone else, and you could become injured. This goes back to understanding your body: if you know it can not handle something then PLEASE do not do it.

10) Have fun! Your health and fitness will improve if you are having fun because you will stick to your exercise program.
    insurexs

Thanks for the post though I do question a few of the points... 6) in particular.
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

It would really depend on the form of exercise.

with resistence training, the muscles will become shorter/tighter, as this allows them to provide more force during contractions. This doesn't necessarily mean flexibility will decrease, as resistence training is a great means of developing flexibility, assuming you utilize the full range of motion of each joint. Olympic weight lifters, bodybuilders, powerlifters, etc. have better than average flexibility when compared to sedentary individuals. The age old myth of being big and bulky really does not apply unless you lift with limited ROM and spend little to no time on increasing flexibility (easily achieved with warm ups and recovery stretches).

Women should also weight train identical to men, due to lower levels of testosterone (aprox. 10x less on average) and a varied muscle distribution compared to men, they will not bulk up unless there program design and nutrition is geared toward that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
        Women should also weight train identical to men, due to lower levels of testosterone (aprox. 10x less on average) and a varied muscle distribution compared to men, they will not bulk up unless there program design and nutrition is geared toward that goal.
        Im glad you back that up. My fiancee wont hardly go under 10reps bc shes afraid of going shemale.
        "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
        CFD

Comment

Originally posted by altonjone View Post
          1) listen to your body. As you are making sammiches it is easy to become preoccupied with the repetitions you are doing, or the time you have been making sammiches. Leave your watch in the laundry room and slow down or walk when your body hurts- but on the same note do not be afraid to push yourself, the kitchen should not be a leisurely walk in the park if you are wanted to get sammiches made. You must learn you understand sammiches

2) to improve your sammiches you need to eat sammiches. Five sammiches a day should be your minimum target. Your health will improve if you make at least five different kinds of sammiches, then any laundry will be a bonus.

3) never take a complete day off from sammich making. It does have to be every week, but doing extra sammiches when you are tired may have a great effect on your health and fitness. You become fitter and healthier through sammich making as much as exercise. My off day is generally never

4) for muscle increase up sammich making production: Make sure every meal includes sammiches: Lean meats, poultry, seafood, dairy, and beans are great examples of things you can make sammiches with. Do no be afraid to include sammiches in your diet: sammich is a great source and it takes awesome

5) understand technique before trying anything new. This will insure that you will not cause injury and you will maximize the results you want. If you have questions consult a sammich making professional or another reliable source.

6) you will improve your health and fitness by stretching more. Your muscles get shorter through exercise, and if you never stretch you will get injured. One method is to warm up slowly first, then spend several minutes stretching before sammich making. Stretch thoroughly after sammich making as well.

corrections in bold, ran out of time, could not do all ten

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
          Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Comment

Working...
          X