Golden Gains.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Gains.

Picked up some Golden Gains for post workout use only. I had some questions about the taste. It comes off as almost sour. I think maybe I used to much water. I found my self chewing what was in the bottom of the cup which sounds gross but I kinda liked it lol. I could taste a hint of apple also. So is the sour taste that hits you first normal? I don't mind the taste at all because I know whats in the product.

I get more sweet than sour.

1) Shake your tub.
    2) Shake your shaker before every sip to cause it to mix up.
    3) Use cold water and play with water. I like it in 24-25 OZ. Some people like more, some people like less.
    CONTROLLED LABS
    Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
    Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
      I get more sweet than sour.

1) Shake your tub.
      2) Shake your shaker before every sip to cause it to mix up.
      3) Use cold water and play with water. I like it in 24-25 OZ. Some people like more, some people like less.
      Yeah I constantly re-shake every couple of sips just to keep it mixed up. For me, 26oz of cold water is perfect. My mother on the other hand likes more water. I'm sure if you play with it, you will find the right combo. And don't forget all of Anaconda's recipes for bars, muffins, pan*****, waffles, etc.
      ~Julie

Currently Taking:
      - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

Hmm mine is way sour.. not sweet at all. I use a hand held blender to mix mine. I should check the container for an expiration date lol. Maybe I didnt use enough water.. no where close to 26 oz.. more like 12-14 oz of water when I did it.. put in some ice with it and ground it up.

Comment

Yeah I would double the water... I wouldn't use less than 24oz. I think there's a big difference in taste based on the amound (and temperature) of water. lol
          ~Julie

Currently Taking:
          - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

Originally posted by JC32 View Post
            Yeah I would double the water... I wouldn't use less than 24oz. I think there's a big difference in taste based on the amound (and temperature) of water. lol
            Double the water
            CONTROLLED LABS
            Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
            Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

OK, I have a workout in about an hour and will double the water this time to see if it helps. I will shake the container also but I think shipping it probably shook it pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by LilBG View Post
                OK, I have a workout in about an hour and will double the water this time to see if it helps. I will shake the container also but I think shipping it probably shook it pretty good
                It's a very Oat and Apple flavor for me, not super sweet (there's only one gram of sugar in it)... It's very pleasant tasting for me... which is good because I despise sour apple anything.

Comment

hmm wonder if something wrong with mine.. it was a very bitter/sour kinda taste. Will see how it is with more water today.

Comment

Ok, the water helped. I did a lot more this time and the sour tart taste is barely there now. MUCH betta!

Comment

Ok, the water helped. I did a lot more this time and the sour tart taste is barely there now. MUCH betta!
                      Awesome

I just use a hand held blender to mix mine up. Works wonders

Comment

Was a bit surprised how thin this is.. I expected the drink to be much thicker. Its pretty easy to drink too.

Comment

I still need to get some tubs of this stuff...
                          Too bad it didnt come in bigger sizes!
                          15 servings for 30ish bucks is just not for me lol

Comment

Was a bit surprised how thin this is.. I expected the drink to be much thicker. Its pretty easy to drink too.
                            yeah, 24 ounces is perfect. also no need for a blender. just add the powder to the water and shake a few times. make sure the powder goes into the water instead of vice versa.
                            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                            Purple Psyko
                            Gold Feast
                            Blue Gene
                            Blue Growth
                            REDuction AM/PM Shots
                            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                            Orange TRIad
                            White Flood (5 Flavors)
                            Black Hole
                            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                            Green Bulge
                            White Blood 2
                            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                            Blue Up
                            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

You guys should make a 5lb container of GGs so it doesn't take up my whole kitchen. I usually have 3 tubs sitting around.

Comment

Working...
                              X