Some advice from the Pro's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice from the Pro's?

Trying to get back into things. Could someone help me with my routine. Let me know what I need to adjust.

Sat – Back

Lat pull downs (or pull ups) 4 sets
    Seated Lat rows 4 sets
    Upright Lat rows 4 sets
    Dead lifts 4 sets

Sunday – Chest

Flat DB press 4 sets
    Incline DB press 4 sets
    DB flies incline or flat (switch these up each week) 4 sets
    Chest Dips 4 sets

Monday – Cardio/Abs

Tuesday – Legs

Squats 4 sets
    Overhead lunges with BB 4 sets
    Leg Curles 4 sets
    Calve raises 6 sets

Wednesday – Arms bi/tri

BB curls 4 sets
    DB hammer curls 4 sets
    Rope pull downs 4 sets
    Over head db extensions 4 sets

Thursday – Shoulders

Over head db press 4 sets
    Front db raises 4 sets
    Side db raises 4 sets
    DB Shrugs 4 sets

Friday – OFF or cardio/abs

What's an upright lat row?
    How long have you been training for?
    Goals?
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Whoops that shoudl have been bent over rows. Goals for now are fat loss and I have been training on and off for 10 years but spent probably the first 2 or 3 working hard and have slacked on and off because of injury and being lazy etc.. I am working with Jdirrito on a routine now that will hopefully push me past my old tired routine. I had a hard time keeping up with my current routine becuase of joint issues. TKE's seem to be helping my knee problem though.

Comment

I forget who said it -- maybe Yuri Verkhoshansky -- but i'll repeat it for you : " The best workout program is the one you aren't on "

I could be way off, but I would be shocked if it was an American that said it...

The body has great capabilties for adaptation, and responds quickly depending on the intensity of the stimulus presented... so in logic, if you repeatedly present an identical stimulus, the bodies adaptation response will diminish

applied to this; the more you follow the same training program, the less you get out of it..

Also, my estimated guess from what you've told me thus far, I would wager that your joint pain stems from a history of bodybuilding-esque routines -- too many isolation movements putting resistence on the distal end of structural segments and rarely incorporating kinetic chains of movement.

Train smarter, not harder.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
          I forget who said it -- maybe Yuri Verkhoshansky -- but i'll repeat it for you : " The best workout program is the one you aren't on "

I could be way off, but I would be shocked if it was an American that said it...

The body has great capabilties for adaptation, and responds quickly depending on the intensity of the stimulus presented... so in logic, if you repeatedly present an identical stimulus, the bodies adaptation response will diminish

applied to this; the more you follow the same training program, the less you get out of it..

Also, my estimated guess from what you've told me thus far, I would wager that your joint pain stems from a history of bodybuilding-esque routines -- too many isolation movements putting resistence on the distal end of structural segments and rarely incorporating kinetic chains of movement.

Train smarter, not harder.
          That is why I have you helping me lol. I am sure your right and I always told ppl the hardest routine is someone elses. I mixed things up in the past with supersets, giant sets, 5x5 etc but have been out of it for so long I can't remember much of what I did know. Glad I found this forum. FYI I am trying to erase most of what I remember and start fresh again. Really glad I ran into you guys on here.
          Last edited by LilBG; 01-29-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

dude.. i just threw together weeks 6 and 7... 6 = repretion efforts, 7 = hypertrophy

it's going to suck, big time.. but noone made the cover of wheaties without hard work (or something like that)

and I imagine your knee/elbow pain will slowly disappear; unless there is a structural maladaption that can't be fixed without surgery

Comment

check in box! ha

Now I can go back to studying verkhoshansky and siff

Comment

First week Sat and Sun just about killed me! lol. I had looked it over and thought this doesn't look to bad.. half way through my first workout I had to start laughing... because it was kicking my azz. TKE's and Shoulder Dislocations I am in love with now. Something about a completely different type of training has made this fun again. I cant wait till Tuesday. I have a jump rope coming in this week also. Thanks for putting so much into this. It was truly more then I expected

EDIT: Also noticed the knee pain reducing more and more. I hope this continues. 8 years of knee pain has sucked.
                Last edited by LilBG; 02-07-2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

isolation movements = joint pain and minimal results

I feel bad for all the d-bags that use them .. but than again, there prolly the same people asking on internet forums how much water to drink a day and making sure replies are in ounces because they don't know liters and could never ever figure out to take an amount in one unit and figure out how much that is in another unit (or the d-bag groupies that sympathize with this person, because they also have no idea how to transfer one unit to another)

you are now training like an athlete.
                  your joint pain will begin to be replaced with muscular soreness, growth, and increased performance.
                  enjoy
                  Last edited by jiritt0; 02-09-2010, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                    isolation movements = joint pain and minimal results

I feel bad for all the d-bags that use them .. but than again, there prolly the same people asking on internet forums how much water to drink a day and making sure replies are in ounces because they don't know liters and could never ever figure out to take an amount in one unit and figure out how much that is in another unit (or the d-bag groupies that sympathize with this person, because they also have no idea how to transfer one unit to another)

you are now training like an athlete.
                    your joint pain will begin to be replaced with muscular soreness, growth, and increased performance.
                    enjoy
                    Indeed... and I am loving it!

EDIT: My jump ropes comes in today! .... almost strange I am excited about a jump rope!
                    Last edited by LilBG; 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X