X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6 OFF

OFF

Thoughts

Friday was the last day of Fall Term at JWU (actually Thursday for 90% of the campus). I had to get up for a final in Foods 101 at 8:30 and spent the rest of the day packing and getting reading material for the next 11+ hours. Thats how long I spent in the damn airports or on the damn planes.

Oh well it's good to be home...
    "Stimulate, don't Annihilate." - Lee Haney

Comment

Day 7 Rep Range Leg WO

Rep Range Legs

(Everything is done with DBs as I'm at home and don't have a gym in Wisconsin)

Calf Raises 45 x10 (Close Stance), x10(Wide), x10 (CS), x8 (WS), x10(CS)

RDL 45 x10, x8, 35 x10*, x12, x12
      These finally clicked for me, and I was able to really feel them

Squats 35 x10, x10, x10
      I find these to be one of the best all-round exercises. Not quite the same for the quads like BB squats but really good if one goes ATG.

Lunges 35 x8/8, x8/8

Stair Calf Raises 16*, 16*

Ab Work for Cool Down

Thoughts
      I was ecstatic to finally be able to get the RDLs down the way I wanted to and going back to DB Squats made this a strong leg WO for me. I think the best advice I can give for understanding RDLs is to left the toes up a little and drive with the heels, this along with focusing on not pulling with the lower back is what works for me atleast.

Proptly after finishing my WO I left for hunting and spent a good 90 minutes plowing through Swamp and Brush. I ended up soaking wet from sweat and swamp water and didn't see a single deer. Then I came home showered and left for Madison, where I spent another hour wandering around lost as usual until I finally stumbed apoun my friends dorm. Needless to say my quads were shot by the end of the day.

Comment

Day 8 RR Shoulders

Rep Range Shoulders WO

DB Military 30 x8, x8, 25 x8

DB Shoulder Press 30 x10, 25 x8*

Forward Shrugs 40 x8 , x8*, x8*

DB Upright Rows 25 x8, 15 x12, x12

Backward Shrugs 40 x10, 30 x12*, 30 x12*

Thoughts

This was one of the worst Shoulder WOs I've had in a long time. Part of the problem was the night out in Madison on Saturday and the other paret was since I've cut put High GI carbs PWO my carb intake has been lower by a good 40 g atleast a day and i have a feeling I'm going to need to up it espically on High Carb days.

Comment

Day 9 RR Arms

Rep Range Arms WO

DB Curls 25 x9, 35 x3*+25 x4
          One of the things I really like to do for arms is Drop Sets with partials and Static Holds.

Over Head Extensions 25 x9, x8, x 6

Hammer Grip Flat Bench 35 x11, x10

Wide DB Curls 25x7+15 x5, x10

Rev Curls 15 x8, x7

Rev Wrist Curls 25 x12, 25 x12*, 25 x12*

Swiss Ball Crunches, Crunches, and Cross Crunches for Ab Work

Thoughts

I should mention that on Power Week I do 4 WOs going Legs/Shoulders/OFF/Back/Chest/OFF. On RR Week I do 5 WOs going Legs/Shoulders/Arms/OFF/Back/Chest/OFF. Abs and Calves are worked on both LEgs and Back day and Forearms on Both Arms and Chest Days. I feel my arms are my weakest body part and I really like to give them a solid day once and a while.

Agian strenght wa down a bit and I'm diffenently going to need to up my carb intake to compensate for taking out PWO Dext/Malto.
          Last edited by retro_roots; 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Day 10 OFF

OFF

Thoughts

I just relaxed all day. Checked out a possible gym in WIS but they dont have any free weight stuff so thats not gonna be an option.

Muscle Fullness seems to be up a good deal, even with cutting out High GI carbs PWO could be inspite of or because of, only time will tell.

Pros of Being Home= My own Bed, Full Kitchen, Dual Sided Foreman, and 10 lbs of Chicken

Cons of Being in Bumblefuk Wisconsin= Cold Weather, NO gym, Shitty DBs only WOs, and most of all Slow Internet...

Comment

Day 11 RR Back WO

Rep Range Back WO

Semi-SLDL 35 x9, 40 x9, x9

Hammer Grip Rows 35 x9, x9, 40x8

SLDL 40 x8, 30 x10, x10
              Presonally I can really hit the lower back with full ROM SLDLs a lot better than any other variation. However, I have fairly good flexiblity in my spine so that may have someting to do with why I can pull these off with no pain.

Calf Raises 40 x10*, x10*, 12*

BW Calf Raises on Stair x16, x16

One Arm Bent Rows 25 x8/8, x8/8

Ab Work

Nutrition

High Carb Day
              Carbs 42.5% 350g
              Pro 42.5% 350g
              Fat 15% 55 g
              Total Cals 3300

I went back and refigured my macros for each day and really got the numbers dialed in to what would be ideal. However, in reality this is only a base and each day will probably be slightly off as I really dont have the time or resources to get my diet that exact.

Comment

Day 12 RR Chest WO

Rep Range Chest WO

Flat Bench 40 x9, x9*, x9*

Flat Flyes 25 x11, x12, 30 x9

Alt. Cross Curls 25 x10/10, 10/10

Bent Raises 25 x12*, x12*

Zottman Curls 15 x12, x12, 25 x8

Lateral Bends 30 x10/10, x12/12, 10*/10*

Wrist Curls 30x12, x12, x10

Nutrition

Low Carb Day
                Carbs 30% 225g
                Pro 45% 350g
                Fat 25% 80g
                Total Cals 3000

Comment

Day 13 OFF

OFF

Nutrition

NO Carb Day
                  Carbs 10% 70g
                  Pro 50% 350g
                  Fat 45% 125g
                  Total Cals 2800

Thoughts

I spent the entire day either sleeping off the night before or out hunting. I was back home for Thanksgiving break and there were parties everyother night and old friends to drink with so it was really a lot more drinking than i usually do. In fact I drank more over this last week than I did the entire Fall Trimester of school.

Comment

Day 14 Leg WO

Leg WO
                    Should have been a Power WO but I was still at home and didn't feel I could really get a good enough Leg WO without a rack/BB so next weeks Leg WO will be a Power one instead.

DB Squats (Wide Stance) 45 x8, x8, x8

(Close Stance) 30 x10, 45 x8, 45 x7
                    These were amazing, this is the first time i tried this and it really hit the front of the quads and calf muscles.

DB Calf Raises 45 x12, x12, ?
                    MAy have forgot the last set, not sure

BW Calf Raises on Stairs x20, x16*

RDL 35 x10, x10, x10, x8

Ab Work

Thoughts

This was another one of the best legs WOs I have had to date. RDLs are finally starting to "click" for me and I'm getting mt Calf training down better.

I would say that i'm very happy with my dosing choice so far, I can already feel the affects of XF and only about 2 weeks in at 750 mg ED that I a good sign.
                    Last edited by retro_roots; 11-28-2006, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Day 15 Power Shoulder WO

Power Shoulder WO

DB Shoulder Press 35 x6, x6, x7

Hammer Grip Shoulder Press 35 x6, 40x5, x5

Forward DB Shrugs 45 x7, x7, x6

Backward BD Shrugs 40 x6*, x6, x6, x7*

Lat Raises 25 x7, x7

Rev Wrist Curls 35 X7, x7, x7, x7*

Thoughts
                      WO was just kinda blah, I was out drinking (or rather in drinking) the night before and I strength was down a little, and energy way down. Luckly break is over and I'm back to school on Monday so the drinking should cut way down and sleeping should be back to a somewhat normal pattern.

Comment

Day 16 OFF

OFF

Thoughts
                        This past week took a toll on me, mostly because I have come down with a sore throat/sinus infection (a sure sign of to much drinking/not enought sleep). With that in mind I sarted megadosing Vit C at around 6 grams a day and adding Glutamine between meals. I'm looking for something else to help with Immune System function but rest will be the best thing.

Comment

Day 17 OFF

OFF

Thoughts

During Power Week I have a day schedualed in on which I can either go ahead and do Back Day (making it a 6 day week) or take a second day off to recover. After flying and drinking heavily back home I'm feeling a little run down so I took the day off.

I'm starting to rethink my diet as there is no point in having fat as high as it is on NO carb day, espically in a hypercaloric state most of th week. On a cut this would be different as it would promote fat metabolism. I'm thinking i'm going to reduce fat and overall cals on off days in the future.

Comment

Day 18 Power Back WO

Power Back WO

Rack Pulls 115 x6, 135 x6, x6, x6

SLDL 115 x6, x6, x6, x5

Seated Hammer Grip Rows 108 x4, 84 x7, x7, x7*

One Arm Bent DB Rows 25 x7/7, 30 x7/7, 35 x7/7, x7/7

Lateral Bends 35 x8/8, 40 x6/6, 40 x6*/7*

Calf and Ab Work

Thoughts

Today was a lot of new exercises for me. And a new gym too. This gym is run through the school, kinda, and is almost empty. So this is the big draw here, as compared to my other overcrowded/under equiped gym. Very good WO and strength seemed to be up a little espically on the SLDLs.

Comment

Day 19 Power Chest WO

Power Chest WO

Bench 135 x5, x5, x4

Flyes 30 x7, 35 x6, x6, x6*
                              Tried these with wrists turned away from me instead of toward each other. The difference was only slight but positive.

Incline Bench 95 x6, x6, x7*

Overhead Extensions 30 x7, 35 x5, x5*

BB Curls 55 x6, x6, 65 x5*
                              My Bis and forearms were pumped like mad at this point

Wrist Curls 65 x8, x7, x7

DB Rev Curls 20 x7, x7

Thoughts

Stenght may have been down a little bit today but I'm getting back into the swing alot more and finally getting used to changing RR and Power weeks. Saturday will be a Power Leg WO since I missed the last one and then I'm going to really try to slaughter my Shoulders and Arms on RR week.

The only explaination for how pumped I'm getting, espically on Power week, is the XF kicking in. This cycle seems a lot more powerfull than the first. Another thing that may have contributed is my increase in PreWO carbs. My lats are amazingly sore from yesterday and my chest/bis are aready killing me as I type this.

Forgot to mention yesterday was my last day of Restore. I probably wont be doing a review this time but I will be running it again later on as I feel it is a very good product for my needs.
                              Last edited by retro_roots; 11-30-2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Day 20 OFF

OFF

Thoughts

Not a heck of a lot new. I spent the entire day catching up on reading and sleeping. One more day at 750 mg and then I'm going to kick it up to 1000 mg (using the Hyper H up as this is the oly time the dosing will fit).

As a note I kiinda regret not running a second bottle of Restore. That stuff really is great, I feel I can keep my WOs going a lot longer while using it and I feel it really helps with Cortisol. I will be running it agian when I really try to cut/recomp along with Sesaglow/Sesamin and Reduce XT for a nice stack.
                                Last edited by retro_roots; 12-02-2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X