Fish Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Oil

How much Fish Oil should i be taking a day?

Right now i have some Nature Made Fish Oil 1200mg
    Im taking 2 pills a day which = 2400mg of FO Concentrate and 720mg of Omega 3

Have you considered taking Flax oil instead? Fish oil is a good source for Omega 3, but Flax oil contains Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9. Also with flax oil, you don't have to be concerned with mercury.
    Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

Hmm...ill look into that

Comment

breathemetal,
        Check your inbox.
        Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

Can get some Fish/Flax blends also instead of buying both.

Comment

they now have krill oil. Which has more omega and nutrients and contains no mercury
            "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
            CFD

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
              they now have krill oil. Which has more omega and nutrients and contains no mercury
              Dang.. and I just picked up some fish oil. I will look into this!

Comment

Originally posted by lambwell
                Hi to all,
                According to me 3 to 4 g of fish oil is enough per day.
                what's up with this troll?
                starting every post with "hi to all" should be an immediate ban from the site.

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
                Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Comment

Originally posted by force View Post
                  what's up with this troll?
                  starting every post with "hi to all" should be an immediate ban from the site.
                  I know. This is the 2nd troll Ive seen on here in a months time. Pieces of crap
                  "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                  CFD

Comment

hi

Originally posted by lambwell
                    Hi to all,
                    According to me 3 to 4 g of fish oil is enough per day.
                    yes fish old is also anti inflamation drug and it's sucha healthy drug . i think 4 g is enough in a day . u should also try some almonds and peanut butter these things also have Good protiens in it . with using it u should gain ur weight and muscles too .
                    Last edited by Michealleo; 07-18-2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

This thread seems to have been totally highjacked by troll bots!

Krill oil actually has less EPA and DHA than normal fish oil, but it does have some interesting and very potent antioxidants like astaxanthin. Apparently the structure of the fatty acids in krill is more bioavailabe than normal fish oil as well Its good stuff, but if you are after EPA and DHA normal fish oil is better.
                      Higher Conciousness through Heavier Weights

Comment

Originally posted by icemanrrc View Post
                        Have you considered taking Flax oil instead? Fish oil is a good source for Omega 3, but Flax oil contains Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9. Also with flax oil, you don't have to be concerned with mercury.
                        Flax is good, but not for its omega 3's. Its good because it has a decent ligand content which are great at controlling estrogen and reducing certain cancer risks.

The omega 3 content in flax is in the form of alpha-linolenic acid, which is a type of omega 3 that is pretty useless to humans because they have to convert it into longer chain fatty acids, like those found in fish (EPA and DHA), and humans are pretty rubbish at doing this.

So for omega 3's, marine oils are better (i personally make up part of my fish oil supplementation with cod liver oil because the vitamin D and retinol assist fat nutrient utilisation). But there are other superb benefits to flax oil such as the ligands.

A good supporting fatty acid for fish oil (DHA and EPA) is GLA, found in evening primrose and borage oils. Although its an omega 6, its one of the only omega 6's that is generally worth talking about for health, and it has very similar effects to the EPA and DHA fatty acids. It has a synergistic effect to flax and fish oil.

Combining fish oil, flax oil, and GLA together is a powerhouse combo. Would be great as an all in one supplement, hint hint ..
                        Higher Conciousness through Heavier Weights

Comment

Working...
                        X