Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
    never tried it but scivation makes good stuff.

ON 100% whey is awesome but can be a little pricey...might sound nasty but the eggnog flavor is so goooood
    Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

Comment

I've used many 10 lb containers of Scivation, with good results. IMHO, it's a good basic, relatively inexpensive protein. I like the chocolate much better than the vanilla, as the latter tends to clump and make a chunky drink.

Scivation is a little "thicker" in texture than other protein shakes, which I like, but a lot of my fellow bb'ers don't. So, if "good" includes taste/texture, try it an make your own decision.

If you are looking for good, basic, inexpensive protein, you might want to give All The Whey a try, as others have suggested. Lots of interesting flavors that are well regarded, "thinner" than Scivation, and just as effective.

ON is really good, having more isolate and hydrolyzed whey than other brands, making it a good choice for post-workout. Their new HydroWhey appears to take bioavailability to the next level, and while expensive, does taste pretty good and works great post-workout. If you are looking for a good post-workout product, don't forget CL's Golden Gains. It's protein and so much more..my personal post-workout favorite.

Good luck.
      Last edited by katageek; 01-08-2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I tend to like EAS Premium Protein from costco or EAS 100% Whey from sams. The chocolate is good but the vanilla mixed with too many little bubbles in it and it's not that great.

For both of those you can buy a 6lb bag for about $30 and there's approx 70 servings in each and the protein per serving is 27 grams. no sugar, also.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone, I wound up getting 12lbs of strawberry UP 2.0 for $100.95, which included tax and shipping, so all in all a 2lb tub of UP2.0 for around $17, when its normally $28.99 on BB.com...thanks for the link to blackstarlabs whoever provided it
          Jon, Fairfield CA

BB.com member name: chubbarock

WF/GM/BG/PiT Log - Gettin Nasty
          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120195931

www.nutrabro.net - referral code: chubbarock

Comment

who ever wants protein get on wheycheap right now!
            Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

Comment

So whats the best "pounder" protein? As in, i want to buy 10lbs or so that will last me a lonnnng time. What's the best?

Comment

There are a few good ones out there, but I think Optimum Nutrition makes the best. The 100% Whey Gold Standard is what I take.
                Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

Optimum is great. I try to find protein blends usually. I rather take in egg and casein protein along with my whey. Might one to try to find a quality product like that.
                  "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                  CFD

Comment

So whats the best "pounder" protein? As in, i want to buy 10lbs or so that will last me a lonnnng time. What's the best?
                    If we are just talking bulk, the brand that seems to get the most recognition for taste as well as good price is AllTheWhey, and if you get 25lbs from them its ridiculously inexpensive ($7.38/lb and thats if you get it directly from them, I am sure you could find an online site with better prices)
                    Jon, Fairfield CA

BB.com member name: chubbarock

WF/GM/BG/PiT Log - Gettin Nasty
                    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120195931

www.nutrabro.net - referral code: chubbarock

Comment

Protein is an important nutrient needed by everyone on a daily basis. Protein is made up of essential and non-essential amino acids, helps the body to recover from intense workouts,helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
                      Dallas Hardwood Flooring

Comment

optimum nutrition platinum hydrowhey is an extremely good and quality protein powder to get. mixes well, tastes great, and i get awesome results from it. as for mass gainers, i have used a few but my favorite was GNC's Rebuilt Mass. This stuff is freakin fantastic. Mixes well, tastes great, and i got fantastic results from it. Blasted through a bench plateau, couldnt get by 335 and ended up doing 345 for 3 reps with this stuff. it works.

Comment

Protein is a vital part of your daily diet. Protein is found everywhere in your body. Proteins are the biological workhorses that carry out vital functions in every cell. Every single cell, tissue, muscle and bone contains protein.
                          Canada Drugs

Comment

I would eat aloooooooot of peanut butter and also look into some real mass or Carnivor beef protein
                            I come to you without artillery with tears in my eyes. You F*** ME ILL KILL ALL OF YOU.

Comment

I used to get ultimate nutrition's platinum series protein, but I wanted to try out a different one. Made an order for some isolate here: http://www.americanpurewhey.com/whey-isolate.html
                              Got the cake batter flavor! Can't wait till it comes in! If it is good, then I will be getting a 10 pound or 20 pound!
                              sigpic

Comment

2 1/2 year old thread and counting.......
                                Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

Working...
                                X