Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein

Default Protein

What do you guys normally prefer for a bulk protein? I really need to order some and I was considering straying from the 100% GS path to try something new. Open to any suggestions, especially if you have had some good personal experience. (All prices/info is from bb.com)

This is what I am currently considering:

XF Ultra Peptide Whey - 5lbs @ $44.99 (71 servings)
    Gaspari Myofusion - 5lbs @ $38.89 (approx 63 servings)
    GS 100% - 5lbs @ $42.99 (74 servings)
    BSN Syntha-6 - 5lbs @ $39.99 (52 servings)
    AllTheWhey Whey - 5lbs @ $34.99 (80 servings)
    LG Lipotropic - 5lbs @ $29.99 (69 servings)

AllMax Isoflex - 5lbs @ $59.99 (75 servings) - why so much $$ anyone?

Also, what do you guys think of these for a once a day mass gainer?

Optimum Pro Complex Gainer - 10.16lbs (28 servings) - $57.89
    650cal - 8g fat/85g carb(only 4g sugar)/60g protein
    Universal Real Gains - 10.6lbs (31 servings) - $53.99
    618 cal - 5g fat/89g carb(7g sugar)/54g protein

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    -Jon
    Jon, Fairfield CA

BB.com member name: chubbarock

WF/GM/BG/PiT Log - Gettin Nasty
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120195931

www.nutrabro.net - referral code: chubbarock

Although it may only help a little, if you're interested in XF whey protein, check out www.blackstarlabs.com (hopefully I can post links here as the place only sells XF stuff). They have their Big Hugeness sale going on where you can get 4 tubs of XF whey for 124.00 (plus shipping). It works out to $31 a tub and I think with shipping for me it was like 34-35 a tub. Not too bad and it is a really great tasting protein. I've got 3 tubs of myo and 4 tubs of that right now so I'm stacked at the moment for protein, but once they're all gone I might look into Muscle Gauge Nutrition (same as AllTheWay from what I've read) and make sure I like those flavors. Ebay has 25lbs of the blend for around $115 and $135 for the isolate. Not bad prices if you know you like the flavor.

Axis Labs makes great protein. Clutch Or Muscle Delight.

I use it often. Then GG's post wo.
    Last edited by conda; 01-07-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamn View Post
    Although it may only help a little, if you're interested in XF whey protein, check out www.blackstarlabs.com (hopefully I can post links here as the place only sells XF stuff). They have their Big Hugeness sale going on where you can get 4 tubs of XF whey for 124.00 (plus shipping). It works out to $31 a tub and I think with shipping for me it was like 34-35 a tub. Not too bad and it is a really great tasting protein. I've got 3 tubs of myo and 4 tubs of that right now so I'm stacked at the moment for protein, but once they're all gone I might look into Muscle Gauge Nutrition (same as AllTheWay from what I've read) and make sure I like those flavors. Ebay has 25lbs of the blend for around $115 and $135 for the isolate. Not bad prices if you know you like the flavor.
    Looks like an AWESOME deal, thanks man, have you tried the strawberry flavor?
    Jon, Fairfield CA

So I just placed an order from that blackstarlabs website, but there ordering process seems really odd, and the confirmation emails weren't very comforting either. I have never ordered from them before, so this is a little new to me, is their ordering process always so minimal(as far as giving ME as little info on my order as possible)?
    Jon, Fairfield CA

If you wait, you can always find great deals ;D
    CONTROLLED LABS
    Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
    Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Do NOT buy LG liptropic! i bought a 5 pound jug of chocolate over a year ago and i still have a little less than half! i only use it when i have no protein and no money. Its gross.

Lately i only buy protein from wheycheap or whey2buy. 2 weeks ago i got a 2 pounder of ON 100% whey for $8
    Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by beastfrmtheeast View Post
    So I just placed an order from that blackstarlabs website, but there ordering process seems really odd, and the confirmation emails weren't very comforting either. I have never ordered from them before, so this is a little new to me, is their ordering process always so minimal(as far as giving ME as little info on my order as possible)?
    Never tried the strawberry. On my order I ended up with 2 tubs of Choc PB (which really tastes like PB Choc, more PB tasting then choc) 1 tub of Mocha, and 1 tub of Lemonade (because of all the hype behind it). They're all awesome. Mocha is really nice, especially in the morning. Lemonade is really good for a fruit flavored protein, just a nice change.

Also, the order process is a little different, but I got my stuff within a few days of ordering it, actually faster then when I ordered off another larger supp site. Plus, since I had an order over $75 (or maybe more, I don't remember) I got a free t-shirt. It may be a dumb perk, but I liked it. It's a nice shirt, just kind of tight as they sent a large. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it at all.

What flavors did you end up getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Do NOT buy LG liptropic! i bought a 5 pound jug of chocolate over a year ago and i still have a little less than half! i only use it when i have no protein and no money. Its gross.

Lately i only buy protein from wheycheap or whey2buy. 2 weeks ago i got a 2 pounder of ON 100% whey for $8
    Awesome thanks, I was unaware of whey2buy so thats cool to know about. I purchased the UP 2.0 from blackstarlabs, 12lbs for 100$ shipping included, and they emailed me back, Dave from blackstarlabs was actually very helpful.
    Jon, Fairfield CA

I've also heard great things about Strawberry UP 2.0. I ended up grabbing a 2 lb bottle of Choc PB (go figure) and it's pretty tasty. I do like the straight whey PB Choc a bit better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

I definitely agree. I looked at the profile for lipotropic, price, and servings and thought it was a deal. But that taste is horrible. I can stand most products but good lord this is nasty. I would wait and buy from Wheycheap bc they always have protein powders on their with great deals. If not that, look at Dymatize Elite Gourmet. Its a protein blend(which always tops) and tastes good
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

check out nutraplanet they have a sale that ends soon. My personal favorite protein is All the whey. i had the cinnamon bun flavor and it was DELICIOUS!
    Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

First things, first. All proteins are not created equal...... All wheys are not the same. How they are filtered makes a difference. When you consume it makes a difference.

Long story short. Get some Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard. Take it immediately after workout, when your body is acting like a sponge.
    Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

I've used 4Ever Fit Whey, Myofusion and Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and enjoyed 'em all

Quote Originally Posted by breathemetal View Post
    never tried it but scivation makes good stuff.

ON 100% whey is awesome but can be a little pricey...might sound nasty but the eggnog flavor is so goooood

Quote Originally Posted by breathemetal View Post
    I've used many 10 lb containers of Scivation, with good results. IMHO, it's a good basic, relatively inexpensive protein. I like the chocolate much better than the vanilla, as the latter tends to clump and make a chunky drink.

Scivation is a little "thicker" in texture than other protein shakes, which I like, but a lot of my fellow bb'ers don't. So, if "good" includes taste/texture, try it an make your own decision.

If you are looking for good, basic, inexpensive protein, you might want to give All The Whey a try, as others have suggested. Lots of interesting flavors that are well regarded, "thinner" than Scivation, and just as effective.

ON is really good, having more isolate and hydrolyzed whey than other brands, making it a good choice for post-workout. Their new HydroWhey appears to take bioavailability to the next level, and while expensive, does taste pretty good and works great post-workout. If you are looking for a good post-workout product, don't forget CL's Golden Gains. It's protein and so much more..my personal post-workout favorite.

Good luck.
    Last edited by katageek; 01-08-2010 at 05:53 AM.

I tend to like EAS Premium Protein from costco or EAS 100% Whey from sams. The chocolate is good but the vanilla mixed with too many little bubbles in it and it's not that great.

For both of those you can buy a 6lb bag for about $30 and there's approx 70 servings in each and the protein per serving is 27 grams. no sugar, also.

Thanks for the input everyone, I wound up getting 12lbs of strawberry UP 2.0 for $100.95, which included tax and shipping, so all in all a 2lb tub of UP2.0 for around $17, when its normally $28.99 on BB.com...thanks for the link to blackstarlabs whoever provided it
    Jon, Fairfield CA

who ever wants protein get on wheycheap right now!

Thread Information