Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein

What do you guys normally prefer for a bulk protein? I really need to order some and I was considering straying from the 100% GS path to try something new. Open to any suggestions, especially if you have had some good personal experience. (All prices/info is from bb.com)

This is what I am currently considering:

XF Ultra Peptide Whey - 5lbs @ $44.99 (71 servings)
    Gaspari Myofusion - 5lbs @ $38.89 (approx 63 servings)
    GS 100% - 5lbs @ $42.99 (74 servings)
    BSN Syntha-6 - 5lbs @ $39.99 (52 servings)
    AllTheWhey Whey - 5lbs @ $34.99 (80 servings)
    LG Lipotropic - 5lbs @ $29.99 (69 servings)

AllMax Isoflex - 5lbs @ $59.99 (75 servings) - why so much $$ anyone?

Also, what do you guys think of these for a once a day mass gainer?

Optimum Pro Complex Gainer - 10.16lbs (28 servings) - $57.89
    650cal - 8g fat/85g carb(only 4g sugar)/60g protein
    Universal Real Gains - 10.6lbs (31 servings) - $53.99
    618 cal - 5g fat/89g carb(7g sugar)/54g protein

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    -Jon
    Jon, Fairfield CA

BB.com member name: chubbarock

WF/GM/BG/PiT Log - Gettin Nasty
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120195931

www.nutrabro.net - referral code: chubbarock

Although it may only help a little, if you're interested in XF whey protein, check out www.blackstarlabs.com (hopefully I can post links here as the place only sells XF stuff). They have their Big Hugeness sale going on where you can get 4 tubs of XF whey for 124.00 (plus shipping). It works out to $31 a tub and I think with shipping for me it was like 34-35 a tub. Not too bad and it is a really great tasting protein. I've got 3 tubs of myo and 4 tubs of that right now so I'm stacked at the moment for protein, but once they're all gone I might look into Muscle Gauge Nutrition (same as AllTheWay from what I've read) and make sure I like those flavors. Ebay has 25lbs of the blend for around $115 and $135 for the isolate. Not bad prices if you know you like the flavor.

Comment

Axis Labs makes great protein. Clutch Or Muscle Delight.

I use it often. Then GG's post wo.
      Last edited by conda; 01-07-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamn View Post
        Although it may only help a little, if you're interested in XF whey protein, check out www.blackstarlabs.com (hopefully I can post links here as the place only sells XF stuff). They have their Big Hugeness sale going on where you can get 4 tubs of XF whey for 124.00 (plus shipping). It works out to $31 a tub and I think with shipping for me it was like 34-35 a tub. Not too bad and it is a really great tasting protein. I've got 3 tubs of myo and 4 tubs of that right now so I'm stacked at the moment for protein, but once they're all gone I might look into Muscle Gauge Nutrition (same as AllTheWay from what I've read) and make sure I like those flavors. Ebay has 25lbs of the blend for around $115 and $135 for the isolate. Not bad prices if you know you like the flavor.
        Looks like an AWESOME deal, thanks man, have you tried the strawberry flavor?
        Jon, Fairfield CA

Comment

So I just placed an order from that blackstarlabs website, but there ordering process seems really odd, and the confirmation emails weren't very comforting either. I have never ordered from them before, so this is a little new to me, is their ordering process always so minimal(as far as giving ME as little info on my order as possible)?
          Jon, Fairfield CA

Comment

If you wait, you can always find great deals ;D
            CONTROLLED LABS
            Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
            Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Do NOT buy LG liptropic! i bought a 5 pound jug of chocolate over a year ago and i still have a little less than half! i only use it when i have no protein and no money. Its gross.

Lately i only buy protein from wheycheap or whey2buy. 2 weeks ago i got a 2 pounder of ON 100% whey for $8
              Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by beastfrmtheeast View Post
                So I just placed an order from that blackstarlabs website, but there ordering process seems really odd, and the confirmation emails weren't very comforting either. I have never ordered from them before, so this is a little new to me, is their ordering process always so minimal(as far as giving ME as little info on my order as possible)?
                Never tried the strawberry. On my order I ended up with 2 tubs of Choc PB (which really tastes like PB Choc, more PB tasting then choc) 1 tub of Mocha, and 1 tub of Lemonade (because of all the hype behind it). They're all awesome. Mocha is really nice, especially in the morning. Lemonade is really good for a fruit flavored protein, just a nice change.

Also, the order process is a little different, but I got my stuff within a few days of ordering it, actually faster then when I ordered off another larger supp site. Plus, since I had an order over $75 (or maybe more, I don't remember) I got a free t-shirt. It may be a dumb perk, but I liked it. It's a nice shirt, just kind of tight as they sent a large. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it at all.

What flavors did you end up getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny View Post
                  Do NOT buy LG liptropic! i bought a 5 pound jug of chocolate over a year ago and i still have a little less than half! i only use it when i have no protein and no money. Its gross.

Lately i only buy protein from wheycheap or whey2buy. 2 weeks ago i got a 2 pounder of ON 100% whey for $8
                  Awesome thanks, I was unaware of whey2buy so thats cool to know about. I purchased the UP 2.0 from blackstarlabs, 12lbs for 100$ shipping included, and they emailed me back, Dave from blackstarlabs was actually very helpful.
                  Jon, Fairfield CA

Comment

I've also heard great things about Strawberry UP 2.0. I ended up grabbing a 2 lb bottle of Choc PB (go figure) and it's pretty tasty. I do like the straight whey PB Choc a bit better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny View Post

I definitely agree. I looked at the profile for lipotropic, price, and servings and thought it was a deal. But that taste is horrible. I can stand most products but good lord this is nasty. I would wait and buy from Wheycheap bc they always have protein powders on their with great deals. If not that, look at Dymatize Elite Gourmet. Its a protein blend(which always tops) and tastes good
                      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                      CFD

Comment

check out nutraplanet they have a sale that ends soon. My personal favorite protein is All the whey. i had the cinnamon bun flavor and it was DELICIOUS!
                        Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

Comment

is this good protein?

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_pe116.htm

Comment

First things, first. All proteins are not created equal...... All wheys are not the same. How they are filtered makes a difference. When you consume it makes a difference.

Long story short. Get some Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard. Take it immediately after workout, when your body is acting like a sponge.
                            Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

I've used 4Ever Fit Whey, Myofusion and Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and enjoyed 'em all

Comment

Working...
                              X