Building your own protein shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building your own protein shake

So im tired of buying protein. So i was thinking about this for a good pre/post/anytime shake.

Milk, raw oats, peanut butter, banana, and maybe some raw almonds.

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
    So im tired of buying protein. So i was thinking about this for a good pre/post/anytime shake.

Milk, raw oats, peanut butter, banana, and maybe some raw almonds.
    You should look into almond butter. (Although I do see that you said raw almonds so it maybe overkill) It is supposedly healthier than peanut butter but it costs more $$. But, whatever you do, don't buy Jif, Peter Pan,or any of those brands. Try to get a natural peanut butter if you can.

I have been using one scoop of protein, 1/4 cup steel cut oats (steel cut oats are more nutritiously/calorie dense than old fashioned or processed oats, thus they are measured in 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup servings...just fyi), 1tbs of almond butter and some fruit in my shakes.

Do you think that making your "own" shake would be more or less cost effective than buying protein powder?

Comment

Hi to all,
      A protein shake is an instant method of gaining proteins. Today, protein shakes of different varieties and flavors are available and are very easy to prepare: simply add protein shake mix to water and it is ready to drink. Choko- banana shake can be made using chocolate flavored protein powder.

Comment

Working...
      X