Turn it up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn it up.

Anyone got any workout music they wanna recommend? I'm always looking for new music to add to my play list.

Personally for heavy lifting days Ive been playing a lot of Dethklok. Dethalbum II is pretty metal haha.

Its not as heavy but I love Shinedown. Pretty sweet album thats out. And ofcourse Survivor! How can you not get pumped with Eye of the Tiger?
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Comment

Armin Van Burren, A State of Trance

Great trance/progressive techno

Comment

I prefer to train without music. It lets me focus solely on the task at hand while utilizing my mind to enhance performance without distractions from songs/ipod chords/etc.

I've read an article by a strength coach with a similiar point of view, whom said he doesn't allow teams to play any music while training. He mentioned how this helped not only with his coaching (as he doesn't have to yell over anything) but also on the teams focus and overall morale as they are more likely to encourage one another verbally to break the silence...plus a few other random points.

At the university I've been volunteering, they let whatever team is scheduled to lift take control of the audio system. It can go from death metal with the powerlifting club to Rhianna with womens basketball... From this experience I plan to never let athletes/clientale control the music while training with me, unless they are elite enough to perform in front of a national audience (it has also helped me become a fan of classic artists like frankie sinatra, duke ellington, etc. -- very calming after listening to mind numbing loud bad music all day long)

Back to the point, anything with a fast beat should psychologically stirr adrenal output through the mind-body connection.. Most research between music and exercise/movement has been performed with reptitive endurance tasks such as treadmill running/erg rowing (etc), rather than a high intensity intermittent scheduletask like resistance training. At one point during grad school I had considered a research study looking at music + resistence exercise, but the logistics would of been very demanding, and to be blunt, I didn't want to write a huge research thesis.

So, if your in a group/team setting, I personally would recommend no music to develop pure intensity through the combined group morale with regards to training (this would be further enhanced in a competitive sport group rather than a group of friends simply training for health) and so that any training partners/coaches can easily provide verbal cues as needed

other than that, anything you 1: like and 2: is fast paced (i forget the recommendation, maybe over 120beats per minute/BPM) would be beneficial

my short list;
        naughty by nature - OPP and feel me flow
        linkin park - bleed it out
        TI - whatever you like
        Tech n9ne - one good time
        nelly - heart of a champion, number 1
        daft punk - some crazy instrumental song with a rediculous tempo and hook I found on a CD at school once, it could be called in the trunk (?)
        Last edited by jiritt0; 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

for the op:

Full Blown Chaos
          Dew-Scented
          Job For A Cowboy
          Aborted
          Divine Heresy
          All Shall Perish
          Hatesphere

... and Celine Dione, Bette Midler, or Susan Boyle for squats and deads
          jdouchebag for president

Comment

haha ty for the suggestions all ...especially for the squats and deads...I finally have something to enspire me to that next level...

Comment

everyone needs the ding dong song by gunter.

Comment

I must have music. Especially if I am at a local gym so that I can drown out whats going on around me. Its huge motivation and Arnold rocked out also I also found it stops me from psycing (sp?) my self out before a big lift.

Comment

Originally posted by LilBG View Post
                  I must have music. Especially if I am at a local gym so that I can drown out whats going on around me. Its huge motivation and Arnold rocked out also I also found it stops me from psycing (sp?) my self out before a big lift.
                  Same here. I get sick of hearing guys around me talking all the time during and between their excercises about dumb crap so I usually have some music goin. Not always though. I do get a better mind-muscle connection during lifts when I dont have music. It all depends
                  CFD

Comment

I listen to mainly Disturbed, System of a Down, and Chevelle, i have a lot of their stuff in there. The rest of my lifting playlist is random songs, like Breathe Out - Nothingface, Let the Bodies Hit The Floor - Drowning Pool, and Scentless Apprentice - Nirvana.

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                      Same here. I get sick of hearing guys around me talking all the time during and between their excercises about dumb crap so I usually have some music goin. Not always though. I do get a better mind-muscle connection during lifts when I dont have music. It all depends
                      I have tinnitus so when there is no sound my ears just ring loud as hell. I gotta have my tunes. Far as muscle mind connetion I like what Arnold used to say. He would contrat the muscle he is working and think of it as almost like blowing up a balloon and it filling up the whole room.... which reminds me I swear my chest has a leak.. need some fix a flat.

Comment

Originally posted by LilBG View Post
                        I have tinnitus so when there is no sound my ears just ring loud as hell. I gotta have my tunes. Far as muscle mind connetion I like what Arnold used to say. He would contrat the muscle he is working and think of it as almost like blowing up a balloon and it filling up the whole room.... which reminds me I swear my chest has a leak.. need some fix a flat.
                        Lol nice
                        CFD

Comment

Working...
                        X