Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stayin in GYM too long ? ? ?

Whats up CL Members,

I just started back working out about 3 mths ago, and Im currently taking:WF,GM,Glycergrow,protein shake,multis, Biotin,ClA,ALA,Vit-C-1000mg, 1-1.5g/day, protein w/carbs.

Lil history, but I have a question? I am currently working out in GYM for about 2 hours, including 30 min Cardio.
    I work every muscle group throughout the week, with a 2/1 split.

Chest,Bic/mon,

quads,glutes,hams,calves/tues,

then take off wednsday.

Shoulders,tri/thur,

Then either fri, or sat work Back.

Does this seem like to much, a couple trainers, people think so

I am working I know 30-1hr more cause of WF, I just dont want to quit.

Do I need to step back to 45- 1hr, instead of almost 2hr straight?

Thanks. . .

Originally posted by gdav View Post
    Whats up CL Members,

I just started back working out about 3 mths ago, and Im currently taking:WF,GM,Glycergrow,protein shake,multis, Biotin,ClA,ALA,Vit-C-1000mg, 1-1.5g/day, protein w/carbs.

Lil history, but I have a question? I am currently working out in GYM for about 2 hours, including 30 min Cardio.
    I work every muscle group throughout the week, with a 2/1 split.

Chest,Bic/mon,

quads,glutes,hams,calves/tues,

then take off wednsday.

Shoulders,tri/thur,

Then either fri, or sat work Back.

Does this seem like to much, a couple trainers, people think so

I am working I know 30-1hr more cause of WF, I just dont want to quit.

Do I need to step back to 45- 1hr, instead of almost 2hr straight?

Thanks. . .
    Imo Weights wise you should get that outta the way no longer then 45-50 min. 1 Hour Tops. Cardio is up too you. I jog with my dogs about 45min(evenings). I'd also suggest PW during your cardio. Helps me bigtime. Or if you have the funds, mix PI & PW for cardio/weights.

Comment

Some people will tell you that you are overdoing it with 2hrs. I would usually too but if you honestly can say your arent feeling any symptoms of overtraining then have at it bro. Just dont cotinue it for more than a month
      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
      CFD

Comment

Thanks. . .
        I really feel good, and have for the last two months been doing this 4 days a week, with split workouts, upper/lower, on 2 days, off 1 with pyramid 6-12 reps upper supersets, and anywhere from 10-20 reps lower.

I have been seeing amazing results, and have added 50lbs to squats, 50lbs to bench, and lil more than 50 to my dead lifts.

It could be do to my just getting back into it again, but I dont know yet.

Maybe I have Arnold Genetics,LOL.

But If you guys think so I will try no more than one hour for Weights then abs,Cardio. Then theres no need for pre-workout Supps. Cause I know WF I can work out 3hr straight especially my Back. Maybe I will stick with the PW,Glycergrow,GM,BG.

Comment

how old are you?

I would also HIGHLY recommend splitting up any form of conditioning and resistence training into seperate sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by gdav View Post
            Thanks. . .
            I really feel good, and have for the last two months been doing this 4 days a week, with split workouts, upper/lower, on 2 days, off 1 with pyramid 6-12 reps upper supersets, and anywhere from 10-20 reps lower.

I have been seeing amazing results, and have added 50lbs to squats, 50lbs to bench, and lil more than 50 to my dead lifts.

It could be do to my just getting back into it again, but I dont know yet.

Maybe I have Arnold Genetics,LOL.

But If you guys think so I will try no more than one hour for Weights then abs,Cardio. Then theres no need for pre-workout Supps. Cause I know WF I can work out 3hr straight especially my Back. Maybe I will stick with the PW,Glycergrow,GM,BG.
            Well hey bro if it works then who can argue. Just seriously dont continue the long hours any longer. I def know what its like to feel like you can continue for hours. And thats fine that you did for awhile. Pros will do it to shock their body but they stop after about 4-5 weeks bc then you wil start to lose muscle mass and strength. Keep it up man
            "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
            CFD

Comment

28yrs JD, and thanks Farmeson.

Comment

Wouldn't you rather have that extra 2-3hours a week to show off and feel good about your strength you've built in the gym rather than be in the gym working, more than likely in an overtrained state?

to me, 3x a week for 60minutes pure weights is ideal. Since I work in a gym I can find time to also spend 15minutes for a dynamic warm up, 15 minutes for core (after weights) and 15 more mins post to static stretch out

If your training that long, I would say you need a proper dynamic warmup, and time to stretch and on top of that I would say you more than likely need to use some form of active recovery 2-3x a week outside of training

Elite athletes train liek that, but there life relvolves around it ....

Comment

Well I have cut a couple sets out of routine, and I will be coming off of WF, and giving WB a try.

But out of the last two or three WO I have been getting on treadmill, stretching before and after, getting my heartrate for 10 min,stretch some more do a warmup set I do this every WO. Hit the Weights hard, supersets, giant sets for about 1hr-1hr 15 so i have cut my workout down about 45- 1 hr.

I am really good about stretching, during and warming up to prevent injury.Does this sound any better, cause I usually pyramid my weights, upper and lower body with 4- 6 sets.

Comment

Working...
                  X