New routine! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New routine! :)

Ive been on a "strength gain" routine for the past 8 weeks and i want to change it up! Ive made some great gains so now im gonna try this FST7 stuff!

Here's my routine i wrote up, critique please!

Everything is 4-5 sets with 8-12 reps, except for the final FST exercise which is 7x12

Mon Biceps, Triceps, Calves:

Alt DB
    Incline DB
    Cable Curl
    FST Straight-bar curl

Close Grip Bench
    Skulls
    FST Pulldown

Standing BB Raise
    FST Calf Press

Tues Leg:

Squat
    Ext
    FST Leg Press
    Curl
    DL
    FST Ext

Wed Chest, Tri:

Bench
    Incline DB Bench
    Mach Fly
    FST Cable Cross

DB Skulls
    Dips
    FST Pulldown

Thurs Back, Calves:

Pullups
    1 Arm DB Row
    Seated Row
    FST wide pulldown

Standing BB
    FST Calf Press

Fri Shoulder, Bi:

DB Press
    Front raises
    Upright Row
    FST Lateral raises

Preach
    Straight bar curl
    FST Cable Curl

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
    Ive been on a "strength gain" routine for the past 8 weeks and i want to change it up! Ive made some great gains so now im gonna try this FST7 stuff!

Here's my routine i wrote up, critique please!

Everything is 4-5 sets with 8-12 reps, except for the final FST exercise which is 7x12

Mon Biceps, Triceps, Calves:

Alt DB
    Incline DB
    Cable Curl
    FST Straight-bar curl

Close Grip Bench
    Skulls
    FST Pulldown

Standing BB Raise
    FST Calf Press

Tues Leg:

Squat
    Ext
    FST Leg Press
    Curl
    DL
    FST Ext

Wed Chest, Tri:

Bench
    Incline DB Bench
    Mach Fly
    FST Cable Cross

DB Skulls
    Dips
    FST Pulldown

Thurs Back, Calves:

Pullups
    1 Arm DB Row
    Seated Row
    FST wide pulldown

Standing BB
    FST Calf Press

Fri Shoulder, Bi:

DB Press
    Front raises
    Upright Row
    FST Lateral raises

Preach
    Straight bar curl
    FST Cable Curl

...during your formal schoolings, did you ever turn in a paper and get it handed back reading "Needs much improvement"?

Comment

If you're going to say something that simple..why post it all? If you see there is a need for improvement, then help me out here.

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
        If you're going to say something that simple..why post it all? If you see there is a need for improvement, then help me out here.
        Would your mechanic tell you how to fix your car for free? No, so why should I tell you how to improve for free?

If you live to train, you should begin to learn about training at your own leisure, from quality (peer reviewed) sources; not forums.bodybuilding.com ...

wthout getting into fine details beyond the following, I will just leave it at what you have in mind needs much improvement.

do you have any thought out short term & long term goals you hope to achieve through training?? If not, you've shot yourself in the foot before even starting in my opinion..

1- your set/rep scheme is poor, you need constant variation to induce optimal gains. Ideally this would occur through a periodized design (hopefully not western/linear cause it is pathetic) controlling volume & intensity to induce the desired growth patterns

2 - the exercise selection and actual program design is poor. Focused on mirror muscles, and includes too many single joint isolation exercises. Unless your goal is to destroy your shoulders through bench pressing and elbows/knees through single joint leg/arm movements

3 - hopefully your not an athlete

I've recommended Joe DeFrancos ebook program built like a badass to a friend or two, and I would highly encourage you to do the same..unless you have resources to pay me, than I could design an even better program in align with your goals, stregnths,w eaknesses, equipment availabilities, etc... but that would run you a lot more than 40$ or whatever the ebook is

I've got one friend I told to run the 12week built like a badass program 2x through with a one week break of it in between (recovery/deload week), followed by one 5 week "whatever" training period (lower intensities, more of a recovery week) before repeating this cycle again if desired.
        Last edited by jiritt0; 12-29-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Ill do my research elsewhere then

Comment

The more you learn the more you progress, and the more you get pissed because of what you didn't know for so long that could of enhanced your training

I always joke that if I knew everything I do now when I was 7+, I would be similiar to ray lewis but caucasian

again, highly recommend defrancos program, unless your goal is elite bodybuilder/powerlifter status...but if you were hoping to be elite someday, you would (should) know the path to take

Comment

Working...
            X