VPX NO-SHOTGUN review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPX NO-SHOTGUN review

Im almost done with my NO-SHOTGUN and I must say, it's a really good product!

Taken 30 minutes before hitting the gym with 8 oz of cold water and BAM! Intensity!

This is the 3rd nitros I have tried and it is by far the best (I ordered WF so let's hope it's better!) lol

First was Superpump...that stuff is CRAP.
    Next was Jack3d, it was "okay".
    Shotgun? Superb!

Taste isn't the best..think horribly watered down lemonade. I think it's because of the protein in it. But taste isnt a factor for me really.

The energy boost i got was really solid, and the pumps were good and sustained.

Overall I give it a 8/10, mainly because of taste and price

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
    Overall I give it a 8/10, mainly because of taste and price
    like getting ripped off?

Comment

Ripped off?

Comment

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/no.html

28 Servings -- $39.99

for a cluster of ingredients

they use graphs and BS text to their marketing advantage, consistently referncing some mysterical study done at a prestigous university (so prestigous, they can not even disclose this valuable information)

and than the references;

1.Godfraind T, Saleh MM. Action of creatinol-O-phosphate on the contractility changes in rat isolated heart. Arzneimittelforschung 1984;34:968-72.

2.Eckerson JM, Stout JR, Moore GA, et al. Effect of creatine phosphate supplementation on anaerobic working capacity and body weight after two and six days of loading in men and women. J Strength Cond Res 2005;19:756-63.

3.Stout JR, Cramer JT, Zoeller RF, et al. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue and ventilatory threshold in women. Amino Acids 2007;32:381-6.

1- rats aren't humans...and who cares about cardiac muscle in rats when relating a supplement to humans?!

2 - 2-6 days as the timeframe.. hopefully your training program lasts longer than that

3 - okay, maybe an actually legit study with some purpose, but who knows what it proved

plus, correct me if im wrong, but open a magazine and lok at the VPX advertisments; that is where your 8/10 scored investment is going -- I would be shocked if they were doing any research to make anything special, there just throwing a cluster of things that seem to work into one product ...and let's be honest, with the lack of regulation it's highly likely all you are getting is caffeine + creatine monohydrate + sugar/flavoring

save your money on any preworkout stim/pump/no product; buy a bottle of caffeine pills for 5$ and use sparingly when you need energy for a workout. otherwise, your merely cheating yourself and tricking yourself into thinking you are making any form of progress by using an overloaded stimulant and NO product to create the feeling of a pump and in essence a good workout.

In my eyes, if you need a pill or powder to get a good workout in, your program design sucks and your mental approach to training is even worse. an apple and coffee would be 10x better than this product (and many others). You would save alot of money and be extremely healthier. same goes for postworkout.. a bannana, natural peanut butter, and some almonds would be much better than some of the cruddy protein drinks out there..

take it as you want it, that's the spoken truth through my eyes.

final thought; if you can read that ingredient label, and even tell me detailed information relating to 10% of those ingredients, I would shocked. Chances are, you can't even pronounce 10% of them ( I prolly couldn't), but for some reason think combining them all into one drink and consuming them is a good idea... would you eat food you had no idea what it is, where it came from, or if it even was what you think it is?!?!

Comment

Wow. You've done your research.

But it seemed to work well for me.

I wont be buying it again, because im switching to CL products from now on. But i still stand by my review whether you want to bash the product or not.

Yeah, i know most of what they say, if not all of it is pure bullshit in its dirtiest form, but I got pretty good pumps from the product, despite the horrid taste.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
            http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/no.html

28 Servings -- $39.99

for a cluster of ingredients

they use graphs and BS text to their marketing advantage, consistently referncing some mysterical study done at a prestigous university (so prestigous, they can not even disclose this valuable information)

and than the references;

1.Godfraind T, Saleh MM. Action of creatinol-O-phosphate on the contractility changes in rat isolated heart. Arzneimittelforschung 1984;34:968-72.

2.Eckerson JM, Stout JR, Moore GA, et al. Effect of creatine phosphate supplementation on anaerobic working capacity and body weight after two and six days of loading in men and women. J Strength Cond Res 2005;19:756-63.

3.Stout JR, Cramer JT, Zoeller RF, et al. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue and ventilatory threshold in women. Amino Acids 2007;32:381-6.

1- rats aren't humans...and who cares about cardiac muscle in rats when relating a supplement to humans?!

2 - 2-6 days as the timeframe.. hopefully your training program lasts longer than that

3 - okay, maybe an actually legit study with some purpose, but who knows what it proved

plus, correct me if im wrong, but open a magazine and lok at the VPX advertisments; that is where your 8/10 scored investment is going -- I would be shocked if they were doing any research to make anything special, there just throwing a cluster of things that seem to work into one product ...and let's be honest, with the lack of regulation it's highly likely all you are getting is caffeine + creatine monohydrate + sugar/flavoring

save your money on any preworkout stim/pump/no product; buy a bottle of caffeine pills for 5$ and use sparingly when you need energy for a workout. otherwise, your merely cheating yourself and tricking yourself into thinking you are making any form of progress by using an overloaded stimulant and NO product to create the feeling of a pump and in essence a good workout.

In my eyes, if you need a pill or powder to get a good workout in, your program design sucks and your mental approach to training is even worse. an apple and coffee would be 10x better than this product (and many others). You would save alot of money and be extremely healthier. same goes for postworkout.. a bannana, natural peanut butter, and some almonds would be much better than some of the cruddy protein drinks out there..

take it as you want it, that's the spoken truth through my eyes.

final thought; if you can read that ingredient label, and even tell me detailed information relating to 10% of those ingredients, I would shocked. Chances are, you can't even pronounce 10% of them ( I prolly couldn't), but for some reason think combining them all into one drink and consuming them is a good idea... would you eat food you had no idea what it is, where it came from, or if it even was what you think it is?!?!
            Granted it's extremely overpriced, doesn't make it ineffective as a pre-workout. If you're as knowledgeable as claim to be about supplements then you know beta-alanine is very effective in delaying fatigue and there many studies that support this. Creatine Phosphate is also been proven effective in increasing mass and strength gains as it enhances your ATPPC system.

Who cares if most people don't know what those ingredients are. I will tell you what they are, fancy names for both essential and non essential amino acids, different types of creatine,some vitamins and minerals,protein,and caffeine along with soem thermogenics.

How can you say you will get the same effect from food, food isn't CNS and adrenal gland stimulants.

Comment

Yeah, I found NO Shotty to be a good product for me as well. 2 tubs with great results to show. This was the 2nd pre workout I had ever used. The first being NO Xplode...I was foolish. Still wanting to get my hands on some WF Razz tho!

Comment

i can vouch for shotgun too...i love it! to bad it is over priced :/
                Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

Comment

Working...
                X