Looking for some help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some help...

Ok, so I know that there are some stickys on this board which generalize the answers I am looking for, but if possible I would like some personal help.

I currently weigh-in about 173lbs on avg, and I would like to be around 186-192lbs. I understand this is not an overnight or a quick process, and I am willing to put in the work. I have read some of the articles that PT posted, and I can't decide how I should go about this bulk. I was always under the assumption bulk to cut, but there was one article inparticular which seriously advised against this.

My question is what should I do? LOL!

My diet and overall nutrition as of right now is not in great shape, the 1st of the year I will be starting my total body reboot, which is when I plan to clean up my diet with the intent of adding as much lean muscle mass as possible.

I also would like to begin a new training regiment, so any suggestions that would go along with these reccomendations is also appreciated. I was thinking the 5x5, but I am not sure as of yet.

And last but not least, I am a pretty picky eater, so any suggestions of high protein snacks that most might not normally consider are also appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Jon
    Jon, Fairfield CA

BB.com member name: chubbarock

WF/GM/BG/PiT Log - Gettin Nasty
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120195931

www.nutrabro.net - referral code: chubbarock

Figuring out what you want as a 'picky eater' is a matter of personal preference ... try different things and find out what you like

for clean bulking, it's really quite simple from a 30,000ft. view ... to gain, you need to exceed the number of calories that you burn in a day and your focus will be on making those calories come from clean foods ... figure out what your daily BMR is and slowly increase your caloric intake ... it varies for some people but you could probably start off with about a 500 calorie increase the first week and then gauge your progress and adjust accordingly ... the best thing is that you are approaching this with the correct mindset "I understand this is not an overnight or a quick process" ... even adding two protein shakes to your daily meal plan might be enough of a caloric boost to help you put on the mass

Here is a sample shopping list for me which may help you identify foods to keep or new ones to try... it rarely changes for me:

Chicken Breast
    Tuna Fish (canned or as tuna steaks)
    Ground Turkey
    Lean Steak
    Fresh Vegetables
    Sweet Potato
    Oats
    Bananas
    Brown Rice
    Salsa
    Eggs (hardboiled eggs for a snack, maybe?)
    Wheat Bread
    Low Fat Mayo
    Mustard
    Almonds
    Low-sodium Seasonings

/end of line
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

thanks for the input bro! much appreciated
      Jon, Fairfield CA

BB.com member name: chubbarock

WF/GM/BG/PiT Log - Gettin Nasty