Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to gain next school quarter need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to gain next school quarter need help!!

Hi i'm going to trying to bulk up or gain muscle next school quarter and i'm wondering is there any resource that can help me like a diet plan or how many lb am i looking to gain each week for optimum muscle gain with out getting alot of fat. i'm planing to take BG, WF, GM, GG, OT, fish oil and ZMA. i really need some advice on training too am i still looking to do 3 set of 12 10 6 reps adding weight each time? or do 3 set 12 reps and keeping the same weight.

how many time i should train each muscle group a week? i'm doing chest shoulder 2 times a week. legs and back also 2 times a week. is that alot ?

Originally posted by wing911 View Post
    how many time i should train each muscle group a week? i'm doing chest shoulder 2 times a week. legs and back also 2 times a week. is that alot ?
    That's HIGHLY individual, but sounds fine since you're also taking steps to enhance recovery

Comment

First you gotta get the basics down which you have some of them. Need a good whey protein... I would say optimum nutrition %100 gold standard, should get a casein protein for mornings and before sleep. Multi vitamin and fish oil. Most importantly is your diet. you have to watch what you eat and eat good food. I know you said your a college student so its tough. try going onto other websites and searching diets for bulking that should help. Training wise... workout as much as you can but DO NOT over train yourself. always take breaks and let your muscles heal. The stack looks great so I would say give it a shot. Good luck!

Comment

Everything kmaneshni is great. But I will stress the nutrition part. I see alot college kids miss this mark so badly. You must eat clean and often. 2-3 hours. I know in college its hard to always eat healthy but try your hardest and I promise you results will come
        "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
        CFD

Comment

Listen to these people!
          Also if it is hard to eat healthy in college, post some of the food that is available in college. Many people on here would be happy to give you tips on how to eat, especially anacoda with his kick ass recipes! Pumpkin pie one kicks soo much ass!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wing911 View Post
            Hi i'm going to trying to bulk up or gain muscle next school quarter and i'm wondering is there any resource that can help me like a diet plan or how many lb am i looking to gain each week for optimum muscle gain with out getting alot of fat. i'm planing to take BG, WF, GM, GG, OT, fish oil and ZMA. i really need some advice on training too am i still looking to do 3 set of 12 10 6 reps adding weight each time? or do 3 set 12 reps and keeping the same weight.

1: don't take soo many supplements to start

2: take protein, fish oil, and a mulitivitmain for alength of 1year. if you take them consitently and listen to everything Im about to tell you, you will progress

3: buy joe defrancos built like a badass ebook

4: folloow the BA program - cycle it on and off -- follow it for 2 cycles ( I believe 24 weeks total) than take 6 weeks of varied training using whatever program design you may be following know or can find that will fit into a 6 week block, than repeat the process over (2 more cycles of BA and 6 weeks of whatever)

5: do this for 1 full year, with extreme consistency and intensity in training

6: buy a nutrition book published by someone smart and read away (nancy clark is a good author) -- learn how to eat healthy and eat for gaining lean muscle mass WITHOUT destroying your body in the process due to a piss poor bulking diet (Note the emphasis on healthy nutrition to meet your goals of gaining lean mass or losing bodyfat, rather than the emphasis on a strict diet to achieve the same ends -- diets are for people that do know what they're doing)

7: if you do everything I say, you will gain training experience and practical knowledge of nutrition/exercise, which will thus increase your personal potentiality for success in the future -- it will be 20x more effecting than someone spoon feeding you info

8: as you reach advanced training status, you may want to consider bringing other supplements into the picture to ensure long term progressions -- in the early stages if you don't get results it's cause you skimped out on steps 1-7. save yourself money, focus on training & nutrtion until you've got a PhD in both and than begin looking for supplemental strategies to enhance your progress (at advanced stages of training progressions become more difficult and thus supplements become more important; if you over use them at early stages it will be all that more difficult to derive benefits from them when needed as your body will be somewhat acclimated to the intake).

and for extra final help for your broke college kid budget; go online and buy a 50lb bag of steel cut oats and bulk bags of whey protein powder -- blend the oats into a powder and combine them constantly in pre-post workout shakes or random shakes earlier in the day (to prevent fat gain from carbohydrates at night -- front load your diet/eat majority of carbs-cals early in the day)

Comment

Working...
            X