No announcement yet.

Training shoes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if theres a crossfit facility in your area, training there will at least provide some kind of a hardcore, intense atmosphere.. (bulldogz is smiling right now)

it would just suck -in my opinion- that i think they force you to follow their program with its methodologies.. (sorry bulldogz)

but perhaps those same program methods may be far superior to what you utilize currently?!? just a thought

big ups to my man sporting the chucks

heres my shoe recommendations:

if your doing sprint/agility work; get under armour shoes geared for this (they're awesome from my experience with the first gens - im excitied for summer time to bust em out again)

if your doing oly lifts; get adidas oly shoes (they started in all the right way, were alot of poorly designed oly shoes by other companies/countries prior to adidas becoming the boss)

if your doing powerlifting; chucks for squats/deads (or barefoot if your brave/able)

if your doing athletic based, mixing traditional weightlifting with directional movements or plyometric training; a crosstrainer

if your a cardio/endurance athelte; asics are my prefernce (bought a pair that I fell in love with, sadly I never wear them..)

if you wanna train ankle stability/mobility; barefoot in sand is A+

if you wanna teach your natural shock absorbers to work; go barefoot as often as possible

whenever its nice out, gotta go barefoot or sport burkeinstocks (however you spell it).. based on evolution, our foot is designed to function naked.

if you wanna look like a douche, but some of them skecher roller shoes that are supposded to help burn fat while walking

one of the worst shoes you can wear; nike shocks... or those stupid jump trainer shoes..

and obviously, if your an athlete that wears spikes or a certain type of shoe, you want to train in those spikes/shoes as often as possible
    Last edited by jiritt0; 02-26-2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Been wearing vibrams this entire week at the gym.
        kane@controlledlabs.com
        Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
        Looks for the ads, coming soon!
        www.controlledlabs.com
        www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
          Been wearing vibrams this entire week at the gym.
          what are vibrams?
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

i wear jordans

Comment

I would always wear running shoes when squatting or deadlifting. I can't believe the difference shoes make for your workout. I wear wrestling shoes now for squats and deadlifts.

Why does everybody say Chuck Taylors for leg day? Arent they sort of spongy on the soles? Wrestling shoes have very flat soles....pretty close to barefoot in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                what are vibrams?
                kane@controlledlabs.com
                Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                www.controlledlabs.com
                www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

I tried those FiveFinger shoes...hated em. Just wasnt comfortable enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by jzepp View Post
                    I would always wear running shoes when squatting or deadlifting. I can't believe the difference shoes make for your workout. I wear wrestling shoes now for squats and deadlifts.

Why does everybody say Chuck Taylors for leg day? Arent they sort of spongy on the soles? Wrestling shoes have very flat soles....pretty close to barefoot in my opinion.
                    they have higher ankle support and a flat bottom.

Comment

There are a lot of great shoes out there. I would ask you to try on the new Under Armour Proto Speed IV. I used to wear nothing but Nike products, but I have been sold on UA for the past year or so. I am on my second pair. I kept reading and hearing so many people bragging on them, I just had to give them a try. Glad I did. Here are the ones I am referring to.
                      http://www.finishline.com/store/prod...tId=prod654041
                      Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

Originally posted by icemanrrc View Post
                        There are a lot of great shoes out there. I would ask you to try on the new Under Armour Proto Speed IV. I used to wear nothing but Nike products, but I have been sold on UA for the past year or so. I am on my second pair. I kept reading and hearing so many people bragging on them, I just had to give them a try. Glad I did. Here are the ones I am referring to.
                        http://www.finishline.com/store/prod...tId=prod654041
                        Same here man. My sister works at a UA retail store and bought me the newest ones that came out(no clue what they are called). They are no doubt the most comfortable shoes to walk, run, and lift in.
                        CFD

Comment

Anyone have any experience using Nike Free's or Nike Trainers on leg days

Comment

I either wear my vans or just socks...unless I'm running. Then I wear my running shoes.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Pretty old thread but wanted to comment on the Vibrams that Kane mentioned. I just recently purchased them after looking up many reviews and feedback on them. By now these are the newer versions than what kane was talking about. There are several styles but the ones I got are called Sprints. So if youre looking for some new shoes, you mind want to consider these. First off, the idea behind these might sound odd at first but is a very phenomenal idea. Using the shoes have helped my performance in my 40yrd and 30yrd shuttle(My regimen workout similar to rugby and football players). Now at first, the shoes do feel uncomfortable; especially when you run. You can really feel muscles working in your feet that you usually dont feel. After a week or 2, they feel fine. And these work great with lifting also. I even use them with squats and deads. So look into them if you need a new pair. I love em
                              CFD

Comment

Vibrams are huge in CrossFit. That and the Nike Frees.

Comment

Working...
                                X