Training shoes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
    Pretty old thread but wanted to comment on the Vibrams that Kane mentioned. I just recently purchased them after looking up many reviews and feedback on them. By now these are the newer versions than what kane was talking about. There are several styles but the ones I got are called Sprints. So if youre looking for some new shoes, you mind want to consider these. First off, the idea behind these might sound odd at first but is a very phenomenal idea. Using the shoes have helped my performance in my 40yrd and 30yrd shuttle(My regimen workout similar to rugby and football players). Now at first, the shoes do feel uncomfortable; especially when you run. You can really feel muscles working in your feet that you usually dont feel. After a week or 2, they feel fine. And these work great with lifting also. I even use them with squats and deads. So look into them if you need a new pair. I love em
    It took me a rather long time to adapt to them in terms of running. Calves kept seizing up. LOL! By 'a long time' I meant 3-4 months.
    I pretty much wear my KSO for every workout.
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
      It took me a rather long time to adapt to them in terms of running. Calves kept seizing up. LOL! By 'a long time' I meant 3-4 months.
      I pretty much wear my KSO for every workout.
      Ya they took some getting used to myself. I definitely started using them for every workout. My 40yrd has improved from using them as well which is amazing(4.7 to 4.64). The KSO's seem like a nice buy.
      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
      CFD

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
        Ya they took some getting used to myself. I definitely started using them for every workout. My 40yrd has improved from using them as well which is amazing(4.7 to 4.64). The KSO's seem like a nice buy.
        Um...how often are you throwing them in the washing machine? I toss them in every other week...any less and they tend to get rank pretty fast. LOL! But anymore (like weekly) and I'm afraid of them getting worn out too fast.
        kane@controlledlabs.com
        Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
        Looks for the ads, coming soon!
        www.controlledlabs.com
        www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
          Um...how often are you throwing them in the washing machine? I toss them in every other week...any less and they tend to get rank pretty fast. LOL! But anymore (like weekly) and I'm afraid of them getting worn out too fast.
          Lol. To be honest I havent washed them yet. I just asked my wife if she thought they smelt but she said they didnt. I air them out right when Im done with my workout. From what I was told, they can take a beating. This women wrote a review on a pair saying she had them for 5 yrs while hiking across Europe. Kinda suprising. Have you seen any improvements while wearing em?
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

Working...
          X