Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help need major help

Hello,
    Im 16 years old im 183 and 5'10ish i want to loose wieght and gain lean muscle. i want to be strong and ripped but i plat tennis so i cant be bulky. can someone pleasse help me on leading me on the right track. What supplements to take (only 2) and what the right diet is and what to stay away from, also an epic 6 days a week work out routine to get me to my goal in 5 to 8 months.
    Thanks,
    Masterrrd

at 16 you just need to train hard with an ideal routine and eat, alot.

Comment

Thanks
      what routine should i be trying to come up with, and when you say train hard what do you mean like twice a day or for hours at a time??/

Comment

Should i be taking any supplements???
        protein and creatine or what do you suggest

Comment

I actually do recommend a staple supplement or two but you need to really understand something that will give you better results than your friends or other guys your age. SUPPLEMENTS ARE A SUPPLEMENTAL!!! They dont come close to taking the place of diet and training. There isnt one out there that will give you incredible results w/o the right food, steady workout routine, or adequate sleep. Print that in your brain. You want to get in 5-6 small meals a day. Keep to good protein sources like red meat, fish, nuts, fat-free milk, cottage cheese, eggs, chicken and protein powder. Try to get around 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight.Now you dont have to keep track of every single gram you put take put kinda get an idea. Now with carbs. If you are having trouble with weight, this is something you need to watch. You def want to stay to complex carbs. Complex are slow digesting and will give your body a steady fuel source. Things like sweet potatoes, whole grains(white bread is not a whole grain. Stay away from it.), green vegetables(big one!!), oats, brown rice, and beans. Id limit them to maybe 1.5g per bw. Avoid foods and drinks like gatorade, soda, pizza, burger, hotdogs,..you really know what to avoid. Be smart. Now with fats, you do want to limit them but not entirely. They are important. good fat sources include nuts(of all kinds really), fish oil, olive oil, avocados, and fish like salmon. Keep them as low as .5g per lb. Water is alos important. Try to get in a least a gallon a day. Now with your training routine, I would focus on getting in cardio. Dont do 45 min jogs. It will just help decrease your muscle mass. Keep to high intensity cardio. Things like sprints, jump rope, and even hitting the punching bag. I would get in 2-3days of cardio. If you are just starting to workout, take it slow. With weights, I would do no more than 3days of full body workouts. Try to do 2-3sets of basic moves like bench press, military press, squats, leg press, pullups(or assisted pullups), deadlifts, barbell rows, and more. Change out your excercises consistently. Id stick to around 10reps for each excercise. Now back to supplements. For now, I would start with a protein powder. Some that I prefer are ofcourse Golden Gains and ON nitro core or regular whey protein. the most important time to get in a protein shake is right after your workout. It will help fuel your muscles and recover them. Once you stay with working out for around 6 months, then you could add another supp but bud right now your body will be shocked so much by this change that you dont need anymore than that. Now all of this is my opinion on simple diet and training thoughts. Some may disagree and that is fine. So you need to take in as much as you can. Bodybuilding.com has loads of great info. Check them out and learn things for yourself. the most important factor in everything is discipline. Stay with it and you will see results.
          Last edited by farmerson12; 12-02-2009, 11:38 PM.
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

Originally posted by Masterrrd View Post
            Thanks
            what routine should i be trying to come up with, and when you say train hard what do you mean like twice a day or for hours at a time??/
            Train 3-4 times per week. If 3 times per week... do something similar to Bill Starr's 5x5 where your program revolved around the squat, bench and deadlift.
            If 4 times per week, try an upper/ lower split. And by training hard, he means push yourself to always try and get stronger. If you can do an exercise for 8 reps one workout, get 9 or 10 the next.
            kane@controlledlabs.com
            Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
            Looks for the ads, coming soon!
            www.controlledlabs.com
            www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Working...
            X