Supplement effects on Hair Loss/Balding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manofmany View Post
    I wouldn't read too far into creatine causing hair loss.

Basically anything that raises test can cause hair loss. More test = more dht and dht is the bad guy.

Doesn't Arginine and Ornithine mess with your hormones thus contributing to hairloss?

Comment

Originally posted by jzepp View Post
      Doesn't Arginine and Ornithine mess with your hormones thus contributing to hairloss?
      I haven't heard anythign among these lines. I could be totally off though

Comment

Does an increase in growth hormone cause hairloss or is it basically just an increase in testosterone that might cause it? Doesn't GABA in White Flood raise growth hormone levels?

Comment

That's why you keep your hair short.
          Long hair is for girls.

Comment

Originally posted by breathemetal View Post
            That's why you keep your hair short.
            Long hair is for girls.
            Hey! Noway!...I like feeling like Tarzan.

Comment

$20 wahl clippers from walmart vs $12 hair cut every two months. Hmmm. I shave my own head now easier to keep up. Plus you use like 1/4 of the shampoo so save money there too

Comment

yeah my girl cuts mine with wahl clippers... use it twice and you've already made $

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                  yeah my girl cuts mine with wahl clippers... use it twice and you've already made $
                  Same here. My girl does a good enough job for me. No need to go to a barber and spend more than $15 to cut some hair
                  "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                  CFD

Comment

This is making me wanna take the buzzer to my head again

Comment

Just curious how are all of you so certain that green mag doesn't raise DHT?

Creatine monohydrate has been proven to raise dht so have you conducted your own studies on green mag?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ekor View Post
                        Just curious how are all of you so certain that green mag doesn't raise DHT?

Creatine monohydrate has been proven to raise dht so have you conducted your own studies on green mag?

Thanks
                        The study your referring to is here:
                        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

However, that is the ONLY study linking creatine to DHT. The study, as far as I know has NOT been duplicated. That is a big red flag.

Also, the players in the study were around 18-24 years old. This means their hormone functions were still all over the map, which could very well account for the change.

Bottom line: Creatine has been used for decades and has been proven to be safe. Also, it naturally occurs in red meats. This study is one of a kind. It could be extremely inaccurate to say that Creatine is directly related to DHT increase, basing your conclusions on this study alone, and not years of other studies and wide use of creatine.

The study also says
                        "It was hypothesized that the ratio of dihydrotestosterone (DHT, a biologically more active androgen) to testosterone (T) would change with creatine supplementation."
                        A well-designed study never makes a hypothesis like this. They state the null hypothesis and then disprove it.

I also think it's strange that they chose rugby players during the COMPETITIVE season. Why not? Also, it didn't say anything about the placebo group. Why not? Were their DHT levels raised as well?

Creatine has been widely used for a long time. if there were prostate issues or balding issues significant enough to be noticed dont you think we would have heard something by now?

Working out increases DHT levels as well. Which is why I'm curious as to why the placebo group's results were not posted. Also, the last statement in the study screams "anti supplement propaghanda" to me.

We also have to realize that DHT is not evil. Sure it's linked to baldness and prostate issues, but it's also an essential part of our endocrine system functioning. "DHT is an important contribution in the development of male sexual characteristics."

brb taking GB
                        Last edited by RenegadeRows; 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastfrmtheeast View Post
                          I know that obviously a boost in testosterone is going to contribute somewhat to hair loss/balding, however I am wondering are any specific supplements known to cause hair loss?
                          We have to understand how hair loss occurs.

Testosterone converts to DHT through the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. The more test you have, the more DHT you will also have.
                          DHT also, does not CAUSE balding, it supposedly helps it along.

Products that "stop" hairloss are simply blocking the 5-AR enzyme. Have you ever looked up the side-effects for Propecia? Impotence, low libido, erectile dysfunction. Ouch... I think I'd rather be bald!!!!!!!

This is why alot of pro BB'ers have bald heads. Lots of steroid use!

I doubt the increase of test from ANY natural product would be enough to increase hairloss by any significant amount.
                          Not to mention, there are plenty of things that increase test, such as squats and steak.
                          Last edited by RenegadeRows; 09-27-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X