Question on Golden Gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Golden Gains

I've tried a sample of golden gains and it is delicous! Looking into getting some this friday but I'm a little confused becuase although you can take it anytime it is specifically for post work out right? I am still under the impression that in a post workout meal you want a protein shake of at least 50 grams, high carb (relative, depending on diet but i do 60-90) and you want those carbs to be high on the GI index meaning mostly sugar. Also that in that meal you want absolutely no fat. This is because the sugar will spike your insulin driving the protein and carbs into your muscle cells which in response to a workout can be supercompensated thus enhancing muscle growth, the idea behind no fat in a post workout meal is that fat slows digestion and reduces insulin response, thus hindering the goals of the post workout meal. Golden gains has, only 21g protein, 41g carbs with only 1 g sugar, and 5 grams fat. By my understanding this would make a much better meal replacement than post workout shake. I'm in no way trying to bash CL as I love their products just looking for some info/clarification. Thank You

Originally posted by owenlyons View Post
    I've tried a sample of golden gains and it is delicous! Looking into getting some this friday but I'm a little confused becuase although you can take it anytime it is specifically for post work out right?
    The "no fat" is a myth that never seems to end.... I take some first thing in the morning, and also post-workout

LOVE IT, the taste never gets old because it's mild and not so sugary / nasty.

Comment

Healthy fats are totally needed if you wanna grow mass. I get sick of the "fat" myth also. I take GG's after my bfast. Then 25-30 post wo.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I know that fat is an integral part of any bodybuilders diet, I just meant fat specifically post workout.

Comment

Originally posted by owenlyons View Post
          Don't get me wrong I know that fat is an integral part of any bodybuilders diet, I just meant fat specifically post workout.
          Yep, it's been a myth for a long time

Comment

So you are saying that it is a myth that fat slows down digestion? I feel like my world is being turned upside down.

Comment

How is golden gains on the stomach ... I'm slightly lactose intolerant and I recently switched from XF protein whey isolates first ingredient to Myofusion whey concentrates first ingredient and I definitely notice a difference because the higher lactose content.

Golden gains has whey hydrolysates first ... but also coming from concentrates would the lactose content be just as high???

Comment

I would get a sample pack before comming it lactose intolerant. I'm lactose intolerant and I still take it but have gas after.
                CONTROLLED LABS
                Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
                Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Does the formula have lactase enzyme added? Whats the expiration date i might buy a bunch with the sale coming up ..

Comment

Originally posted by jblaze4lif View Post
                    Does the formula have lactase enzyme added? Whats the expiration date i might buy a bunch with the sale coming up ..
                    good for years. no enzymes, but i take it and am lactose intolerant (straight milk only, I am fine with cheese/ice cream/etc)
                    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole