Green Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Tea

To all who is taking green tea... What are you buying, when are you drinking it, and how much a day?

Thanks

I drink 2-3 cups a day... one right after breakfeast, one miday after a meal/snack (not always -- though I am going to start taking a cup + teabag to work with me), and one right after dinner at night

the consumption of tea after a meal helps reduce insulin spikes, which is amazing in terms of body comp control.. plus tea has a lil kick from the small amount of caffeine and a boat load of antioxidants..

in the past I took green tea caps, and while they're okay i guess, drinking actual tea is WAYY better .. I don't have a specific brand, I borrowed alot of green tea boxes from a previous employeer that I am just now running out of..

on a side note, once im out of green tea, I will be switching to yerba mate... its like green tea only better (in terms of health) --- there is a massive thread on bodybuilding.com forums about it, like 2000 some posts long. stuff is like gold for weight loss, and they drink it like water in alot of south american countries

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      I drink 2-3 cups a day... one right after breakfeast, one miday after a meal/snack (not always -- though I am going to start taking a cup + teabag to work with me), and one right after dinner at night

the consumption of tea after a meal helps reduce insulin spikes, which is amazing in terms of body comp control.. plus tea has a lil kick from the small amount of caffeine and a boat load of antioxidants..

in the past I took green tea caps, and while they're okay i guess, drinking actual tea is WAYY better .. I don't have a specific brand, I borrowed alot of green tea boxes from a previous employeer that I am just now running out of..

on a side note, once im out of green tea, I will be switching to yerba mate... its like green tea only better (in terms of health) --- there is a massive thread on bodybuilding.com forums about it, like 2000 some posts long. stuff is like gold for weight loss, and they drink it like water in alot of south american countries

Thanks, Ive actually had Yerba Mate, its god awful. Ill stick to green tea.

Comment

it really is..lol

Comment

i drink jasmine green tea. my granny drinks is all day.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySon View Post
            i drink jasmine green tea. my granny drinks is all day.
            I just bought some of this today. I can't wait to try it. I usually drink the green tea with lemon and add some honey....and I drink it during the day at work when it's cold and at night before bed.
            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I love green tea, and there are many different varieties and blends. I drink anywhere from 0-3 cups per day. I prefer looseleaf, but bags are more convenient for work and when you're on the go.

As for what I'm buying, I like trying different kinds. I shop local and the net for it. I have no affiliation with the site, but a good one I've found that has some quality product, and runs specials pretty regularly is Dragonwater. If you go there, you can select green tea as a category and browse a number of different types and blends - and there are user-rated reviews. The downside to the site is that some of the best value products suffer from high demand and low supply, so they are often out of the really popular stuff.

Oh, and about Yerba Mate, I've tried some horrible tasting Mate and some great Mate, but I find it wonderful for jitter-free energy and as a green tea alternative or addition.

Comment

I get matcha green tea from Costco. 100 tea bags for like 10$ not bad deal. i put 2 bags in a 12 oz glass to make it strong. i drink it all day its awesome for soreness and recovery.

Comment

Two-Three cups a day, spread them out whenever I feel like it. Its great!

Comment

Working...
                  X