Golden Gains or Weight Gainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Gains or Weight Gainer

I am currently taking Golden Gains post work out but have been contemplating adding a weight gainer to my stack to take throughout the days since I am usually at school and have a hard time constantly eating. Would it be more effective to add a weight gainer or take another serving of GG during the day? I am very lean and want to gain as much mass as possible, not at all worrying about a cut.

I would use GG postowkout, cos it is excellent for that.

If you use a weight gainer, I would caution you to not buy any stupid product that is overpriced/overhyped. get bulk whey protein, and bulk steel cut oats, and combine. very healthy, very cost effective.

In reality, your training program & real food intake will determine your progressions more than any supplement you consume.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      I would use GG postowkout, cos it is excellent for that.

If you use a weight gainer, I would caution you to not buy any stupid product that is overpriced/overhyped. get bulk whey protein, and bulk steel cut oats, and combine. very healthy, very cost effective.

In reality, your training program & real food intake will determine your progressions more than any supplement you consume.
      I agree. There are alot of weight gainers on the market that contain alot of sugar and fat. Making your own will give you better results and alot less excess fat. If you can at any time during school, get in a quick meal. Im gonna guess you are in college. You may want to try to pack at least one quick meal in your backpack and also bring a gainer shake for the hours you cant get in a meal.
      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
      CFD

Comment

Thanks for the help! How much whey to oats to water? Any good recipes?

Comment

blend oats into a powder, i usuaully put in 2 scoops ON whey + 1 scoop oats, been drinking that about 60min preworkout past month or so -- its clutch

I am also in college, kind of... i teach college classes all day and volunter all afternoon most the week...

everyday I wake up real early, cook up breakfeast, brew some green tea for the ride to school... and pack the following:

all my intra/post powders in little tupperware things
          an amino acid shake in another one
          my preworkout shake in the shaker (i drink it 2hrs after I get to school)
          a PBJ/ABJ (almond butter)
          one cliff meal protein bar
          one detour snack protein bar
          an apple
          a bag of celery + carrotts
          and a burrito (I mass make them every few weeks - similiar to a hot pocket, but better for me, alot cheaper, and actually tastes really really good)

I can go 8-12 hours at school, without leaving the same building, and never getting hungrier than I always am.

not being able to eat during school is just an excuse, and excuses for the weak and average. go be great, it's uncommon.
          Last edited by jiritt0; 10-06-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

blend oats into a powder, i usuaully put in 2 scoops ON whey + 1 scoop oats, been drinking that about 60min preworkout past month or so -- its clutch

I am also in college, kind of... i teach college classes all day and volunter all afternoon most the week...

everyday I wake up real early, cook up breakfeast, brew some green tea for the ride to school... and pack the following:

an apple
            and a burrito (I mass make them every few weeks - similiar to a hot pocket, but better for me, alot cheaper, and actually tastes really really good)

I can go 8-12 hours at school, without leaving the same building, and never getting hungrier than I always am.

not being able to eat during school is just an excuse, and excuses for the weak and average. go be great, it's uncommon.
            Hey JD how do you make those burritos? Seems like something that I could def use.

Also sandaddiction, one thing that I took advantage of everyonce in a while was the dining halls on campus. If ou go to a university, they usually have at least one. Now they mostly have food you dont wanna touch(fatty, greasy, i think you know). At my school, they kept grilled chicken breasts in the back. You might want to check yours and see if you are lucky enough for them to have some
            Last edited by farmerson12; 10-06-2009, 02:46 PM.
            CFD

Comment

Originally posted by sandaddiction View Post
              I am currently taking Golden Gains post work out but have been contemplating adding a weight gainer to my stack to take throughout the days since I am usually at school and have a hard time constantly eating. Would it be more effective to add a weight gainer or take another serving of GG during the day? I am very lean and want to gain as much mass as possible, not at all worrying about a cut.
              Go with a weight gainer rather than GGS. Some good formulas out that you can try.
              CONTROLLED LABS
              Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
              Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                Hey JD how do you make those burritos? Seems like something that I could def use.
                it's real plain and simple.. hit up the bulk store (sams club, bj's, whatever you wanna call it)

get a ton of wraps -- like 30-40 ... get the plain white one's..usually grain wraps suck to roll burritos in, they always crack and break..

a ton of beans.. whatever kinds work, black beans, pinto beans, etc.etc. you can even buy the nifty flavored bean things (mexicanish style ) or you can always throw spices on em to give the same effect

alot of rice.. preferbly brown rice or whatever is healthiest...

cheaper per serving if you buy bulk (think 50lb bags.. some for beans)

we add some cheese sometimes, but i try to be skimpy with that as cheese isnt good for you really.

cook everything up... than warm up burritos real quick in microwave.. and throw in rice, beans, and some cheese... if you wanna add seasonings thats good.. you can even add in corn, peppers, etc... just avoid meat (i think? ive never tried)

once you get burritos wrapped up... use a brush and lightly rub olive oil on the sides ..than throw on the grill until their golden brown..only takes a few minutes really

freeze em up in 2's (or whatever based on your family size) and pull out to eat! can heat up from frozen, but i prefer to let them thaw at least 12hours or so before heating up. they're delicious, quick, very very affordable, and 10x healthier than hot pockets or anything similiar , especially if you get all natural ingredients for everything.

I don't know the exact ratios , but you can really make it how you like... heavier on rice or the beans... i typically make 20-30 at a time with my girl, and eat one almost everyday.

we got the idea from my girlfriends sister, that has 4 kids (3 boys) all under 6yr old... whenever were down there and have a BBQ they grill bulk everything to freeze for a week or so of food... i saw em doing this and was like that is genius!! haha

So far we have averaged around 20 burritos for 25$ (give or take - if my math is right)

Comment

an apple

Hey thanks for the advice, what are you using to blend the oats into a powder? Just blender?

Comment

it's real plain and simple.. hit up the bulk store (sams club, bj's, whatever you wanna call it)

get a ton of wraps -- like 30-40 ... get the plain white one's..usually grain wraps suck to roll burritos in, they always crack and break..

a ton of beans.. whatever kinds work, black beans, pinto beans, etc.etc. you can even buy the nifty flavored bean things (mexicanish style ) or you can always throw spices on em to give the same effect

alot of rice.. preferbly brown rice or whatever is healthiest...

cheaper per serving if you buy bulk (think 50lb bags.. some for beans)

we add some cheese sometimes, but i try to be skimpy with that as cheese isnt good for you really.

cook everything up... than warm up burritos real quick in microwave.. and throw in rice, beans, and some cheese... if you wanna add seasonings thats good.. you can even add in corn, peppers, etc... just avoid meat (i think? ive never tried)

once you get burritos wrapped up... use a brush and lightly rub olive oil on the sides ..than throw on the grill until their golden brown..only takes a few minutes really

freeze em up in 2's (or whatever based on your family size) and pull out to eat! can heat up from frozen, but i prefer to let them thaw at least 12hours or so before heating up. they're delicious, quick, very very affordable, and 10x healthier than hot pockets or anything similiar , especially if you get all natural ingredients for everything.

I don't know the exact ratios , but you can really make it how you like... heavier on rice or the beans... i typically make 20-30 at a time with my girl, and eat one almost everyday.

we got the idea from my girlfriends sister, that has 4 kids (3 boys) all under 6yr old... whenever were down there and have a BBQ they grill bulk everything to freeze for a week or so of food... i saw em doing this and was like that is genius!! haha

So far we have averaged around 20 burritos for 25$ (give or take - if my math is right)
                    Wow great idea! Thanks. Ill def try that.
                    CFD

Comment

Hey thanks for the advice, what are you using to blend the oats into a powder? Just blender?
                      For me, I didnt have a blender for awhile. So with the oats, I actually measured my amount and then crushed the oats into my hands. They kinda came out lookin like instant oatmeal. But Im sure a blender does better.
                      CFD

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                        Wow great idea! Thanks. Ill def try that.
                        Me too!
                        diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

add more oats and whey concentrate to golden gains for the perfect weight gainer.
                          REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                          Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                          Purple Psyko
                          Gold Feast
                          Blue Gene
                          Blue Growth
                          REDuction AM/PM Shots
                          REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                          Orange TRIad
                          White Flood (5 Flavors)
                          Black Hole
                          Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                          Green Bulge
                          White Blood 2
                          Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                          Blue Up
                          Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                          GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                          CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                          Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

yup, takes awhile, and if your blender is old/sucks, it might not work to well..

i just upgraded to some nice fairly expensive blender a few months back.. its great. I make a ton of shakes/smoothies with it, so def. worth the $

my next bulk dream is to find a local farmer (or any location) that will sell me massive quanties of organic lean meat at a reduced price per pound... I'll prolly need to land a real FT job first, and invest in a spare fridge... but I go through chicken, fish, pork, steak, etc. like nothing.. and the bulk prices at BJ's just don't cut it anymore, and its never organic stuff there
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 10-07-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

yup, takes awhile, and if your blender is old/sucks, it might not work to well..

i just upgraded to some nice fairly expensive blender a few months back.. its great. I make a ton of shakes/smoothies with it, so def. worth the $

my next bulk dream is to find a local farmer (or any location) that will sell me massive quanties of organic lean meat at a reduced price per pound... I'll prolly need to land a real FT job first, and invest in a spare fridge... but I go through chicken, fish, pork, steak, etc. like nothing.. and the bulk prices at BJ's just don't cut it anymore, and its never organic stuff there

Just used my old magic bullet and it blended the oats great. So just use a scoop of whey and a scoop of oats plus some milk?
                              Last edited by sandaddiction; 10-07-2009, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X