The feeling of burn out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The feeling of burn out

Ok guys and gals. I have a question for ya. Over the past couple of wks, I have slowed down going to the gym. I have been having the feeling of burn out and the thought of going to the gym, on a day I work, really repulses me. I can go on my days off w/o a problem. For those who do not know my schedule, on the days I work I get up at 0400 to hit the gym before work and I do not get home till 1930-1940. Need some advice. Should I.....

1. Take a wk or 2 off to recooperate and get some much needed rest.
    2. Cont. to make the early am workouts.
    3. Just workout on my off days only for a couple of wks.

I should also mention, I have been having some severe sleeping problems. Probably have sleep apnea because my wife states she has to shake me several times throughout the evening because she can't hear me breathing. I will be getting a sleep study at the beginning of the new yr so until then I'll just have to rough it. Thanks for the responses.

Mike aka icetrauma
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Take a much needed few weeks off, then start back on your off days.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

you should look into strong man training and suspension training -- very difficult and beneficial modalities that could do at your house (assuming you have some space..)

the TRX is a good suspension system, elite systems also sells some gymnastic type rings that are prolly equally as good (and a bit cheaper) -- and ive even seen a youtube video on how to make your own!

as for strongman stuff... get some military bags and fill them woodchips,... make a few diff sizes so you can progress... 80lb, 100lb, 125lb, etc... can do basically everything with them, which is very challenging..

if you can get a huge tire, get it and flip it alot.. buy a sledgehammer and hit the tire alot (amazing core trainign).. get heavy rocks and lift them up onto high ledges and back down... etc..

that way, you can get in workouts, without paying a monthly gym fee, or the hassle of going to the gym! just may get difficult if it gets freezing cold out/rainy alot (no idea where your at)

suspension training..... very very difficult, and all you need is an object to hang the thing from, and about 6-10feet clear space to use it!

bodyweight exercises dont get much love, and when you do them suspended, they deserve 10x as much love as they should normally get!!

great site for how to's on homemade gear...
      http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157
      Last edited by jiritt0; 09-25-2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I agree with JD.

I've incorporated the suspension training into my workouts. I like it! It's a good change of pace.

Comment

suspension training is the bomb. I am shocked that most programs don't utilize it more...

Whenever i get a real job, i'm gonna push suspension training hard..

Comment

Working...
          X