Mike Mentzer's HIT Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Mentzer's HIT Program

Has anyone ever tried Mike Mentzer HIT Training??

I just did 2 days of it. Let me tel you WOW. I have never been this sore before and with less weight. No momentum just INTENSITY. I found some of his old training videos on youtube and used those as my base.

Mike Mentzer's High Intensity Video Series Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xExJhXRLO4

Comment

soreness doesn't equal results.

I could push somehow to hell in a workout so they wake up the next day and can barely move, does that mean we accomplished anything productive through training?

Nope.
      Last edited by jiritt0; 08-26-2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Then what is the best way for results?? The Pump???

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

tracking and monitoring progress to ensure your moving closer toward your short and long term goals...

the pump and soreness are side effects caused by training.

just because you get a pump or become sore doesn't mean you're making progressions... in fact, you may get sore because your nutrition is off and your body can't handle the training rather than making any positive progressions..

the pump is mainly based off of your set/rep/weight/rest design... and of course everyone loves the supplements that give them the pump practically regardless of what they do (waste of $ IMO)

Comment

Would you say all supplements are a waste of money? Or just stick to the basics?

Comment

the basics are essential -- multi, fish oil, protein... but alot of the products on the market are BS..just look at the stupid advertising hype they use.

if you think you need a pill or powder for results, your program is all wrong.

athletes are the easiest people to lure in though -- in the late 80s/early 90s they did a study and something like 95% of olympic athletes said they would take something (steroids, whatever) if it would ensure them a gold medal, bu they woud die shortly thereafter... and that was awhile ago

My greatest gains have come since I quit going gung-ho on supplements, cut back to the basics (if anything), and really focused in on creating a holistic training approach. I used to make supplement stacks that were rediculous now that I think about -- using 10-15 different things at once... only to get immediate short term results that basically faded once I ran out of the product(s)... now, I feel like any supplements I use are icing on the cake, and only enhance the training I am putting in. You can take everything in the world, but if your training and nutrition isn't there, its a waste of money

The supplement industry is very shady.. luckily, controlled labs represents and sticks to non-anabolics and what not..

100x Better than any supplement is water, food, and sleep.

Comment

Appreciate The information brother!

Comment

its what I do

Comment

J DELIVERS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                        J DELIVERS !!!

Why yes. Yes he does.
                        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

I came, I saw, I conquered.

...no idea how that applies here, but it's cool to say at times like these

Comment

Working...
                          X