No announcement yet.

how to bench ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's similiar to board pressing though boards do provide more flexibility in terms of depth with your range of motion (for example 1 board is much deeper than 3 board, and will engage the chest to a further extent; less boards focuses more on lockout tricep strength and shoulder stability)

the best way to strengthen a lift is to attack your weak points through direct manipulation of the movement and by incorporating high transfer assistance movements

Comment

please excuse my ignorance.....but....

what is a floor press??

also, when i db press, my elbows flare worse than with the bb. is this ok? or, are you keeping the db's "in line" with your legs as you push them up. thus, keeping your elbows at your side.

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
      Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Comment

floor press is when you bench laying on th eground, it prevents alot of the negative aspect of common benching with regards to shoulder function and health

elbows flaring is hard on the shoulders, you should strive to tuck your elbows at a round a 45degree into your torso while lowering the weight to save your shoulder and fully engage the triceps

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
          floor press is when you bench laying on th eground, it prevents alot of the negative aspect of common benching with regards to shoulder function and health

elbows flaring is hard on the shoulders, you should strive to tuck your elbows at a round a 45degree into your torso while lowering the weight to save your shoulder and fully engage the triceps
          thanks

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Comment

pushups are also far superior to benching in my mind too - the only downfall is it's difficult to load up a ton of external resistence as your core will give out first 9/10 (even with bodyweight they believe peoples core typically fails before the primary/secondary movers)
            Last edited by jiritt0; 02-21-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
              pushups are also far superior to benching in my mind too - the only downfall is it's difficult to load up a ton of external resistence as your core will give out first 9/10 (even with bodyweight they believe peoples core typically fails before the primary/secondary movers)
              i know that i feel it more in my chest, than i do with benching

Comment

Working...
              X