Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips tricks and hints with CL supplements...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips tricks and hints with CL supplements...

Hey all, so I kind of felt it would be cool to have a thread about what people do with their supps that makes em easier. I have personally used almost every CL supp so far, at least the newer still being offered ones, and wanted to share my experiences.

A note: These are all personal preferences if any of the CL reps feel that doing the following will decrease the effeciency of the supp let me know. Plus if you have your own tricks and tips post it up!

Supplements:
    REDuction AM/PM: Yet to have a problem with REDuction AM. For people who do cardio in the morning pre breakfast, this is great when sup'd with PW. The caffeine boost helps with energy and it gives your body time to digest it. The PM I had problems sleeping and scaled it back to 2 hours before bed, and now I take it 30 min as on the label.

GM/WF: If mixing either by itself i recommend 8-10 oz water. It helps keep from getting water logged for a workout and diluting the flavor. If mixing together I go with a 16 oz water bottle.

PW: I scaled my PW back to 1-1.5 scoops because i kept having stomach aches by the end of a workout. I don't think I was mixing it with enough water, I was only going about 20 oz. If one is having stomach problems i suggest going to 26-30 oz of water with 2 scoops. I did find that mixing one scoop of PI and one scoop of PW stopped all upset stomach problems, so that's a definite plus and something to consider.

Golden Gains: The sour apple kick you get as an after taste was killing me, so I started using 8 oz of milk and 8 oz of water to mix it, awesome, I can't suggest this enough. If you can fit this into your macro levels I would do it, it really makes Golden Gains refreshing after a workout and gives an extra protein boost.

Shaking bottles: I had done this before just because I felt it should help, the products settle after awhile and could use a good mix. I never really thought of it as a big deal until today. I had been using WF and not getting any bodily response. Today I was just like meh I will shake the tub, bam the usual WF kicked in . I like to shake all of my supps once/twice a week. The products I found it to work best with is PW, WF, GGs.

Hope this helps anybody new and/or having some minor issues with the supps.

other products that I haven't had any issues worth noting: Blue Gene, Glycergrow

On a side note with Glycergrow, I haven't really figured out how to supp GG during a work out since it doesn't mix and I don't want to have to carry around the powder and scoop during a work out. What I started doing was taking one scoop with gm/wf, then 2 scoop when I got to the gym, and 1 scoop as soon as I finished my work out. Had really great results from this so maybe other people can too.

Hope this helps and isn't too n00bish.

Nice thread! Appreciate the tips/advice.

A couple of things I've learned along the way.

Purple Wraath: The taste is directly proportional to how cold it is (AKA the colder, the better). I let it get warm in my car a few times and almost gagged as I tried to drink it. I still have yet to try Dracoy's slushie method.

Golden Gains: I mix a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder with my GGS and then fill the shaker the rest of the way with water. It gives it a little sweetness to it, plus extra protein. (This wasn't my idea by the way, credit to the guy who suggested this on bb.com)

GlycerGrow: I scoop out 2 scoops into a teenie tiny Gladware container (I think they're 4 oz.) and put that in my gym bag. When I'm ready to take it, I just pour it into my mouth. I found it to be much easier than trying to use that tiny scoop to get it into my mouth. I wash it down with PW.

Last edited by poopies; 08-17-2009, 07:17 PM.
    diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Originally posted by poopies View Post
      Nice thread! Appreciate the tips/advice.

A couple of things I've learned along the way.

Purple Wraath: The taste is directly proportional to how cold it is (AKA the colder, the better). I let it get warm in my car a few times and almost gagged as I tried to drink it. I still have yet to try Dracoy's slushie method.

Golden Gains: I mix a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder with my GGS and then fill the shaker the rest of the way with water. It gives it a little sweetness to it, plus extra protein. (This wasn't my idea by the way, credit to the guy who suggested this on bb.com)

GlycerGrow: I scoop out 2 scoops into a teenie tiny Gladware container (I think they're 4 oz.) and put that in my gym bag. When I'm ready to take it, I just pour it into my mouth. I found it to be much easier than trying to use that tiny scoop to get it into my mouth. I wash it down with PW.

Was that me? It may have been. It's awesome like that!
      We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
        Was that me? It may have been. It's awesome like that!
        Haha yeah, you're right - it was!

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showp...4&postcount=55
        diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

How I take my supps.

http://yanyanxu.com/2009/07/29/the-u...ntrolled-labs/

GlycerGROW Scoop Method

PW Slushy Method

CONTROLLED LABS
          Email: dracoy [@] controlledlabs.com
          Forum: controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

This is what I do.

http://yanyanxu.com/2008/03/28/smart-thinking/

CONTROLLED LABS

Disclaimer: The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Def good stuff in here

Comment

I still have yet to try Dracoy's slushie method.
                When I am home I normally do crushed ice combined with PW, and then also with GM/WF...man that's good. I just put it in a magic bullet grind it up, and it really is like a snow cone.

Also I just bought small tuppaware like 2 days ago for GG and also protein powder so I can dump ontop of the water.

good stuff guys

Comment

Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
                  So how long did it take for you to figure that one out?

That's what I do too. I have one for protein, all my pills and of course one for my PW/PI.
                  laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

some smart peeps up in here
                    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole
                    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                    Green Bulge
                    White Blood 2
                    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                    Blue Up
                    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

PW slushies are awesome!

I've also been freezing some in ice cube trays to add to my regular PW doses for hot days when I'm lifting/sparring/whatever outdoors.

My wife suggested making it into Jello squares...haven't tried it yet.

Comment

btw, switched BG over to 30 min before work out, instead of 1 hr, amazing pump tbqh it was quite a big difference...

oh yeah and

Comment

Oh yea baby.l
                          CONTROLLED LABS

Comment

Originally posted by Arch View Post
                            btw, switched BG over to 30 min before work out, instead of 1 hr, amazing pump tbqh it was quite a big difference...

oh yeah and
                            Yeah I usually take it 15-30 minutes before getting to the gym.
                            diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Arch View Post

oh yeah and
                              awesome. timing experimentation is always encouraged
                              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                              Purple Psyko
                              Gold Feast
                              Blue Gene
                              Blue Growth
                              REDuction AM/PM Shots
                              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                              Orange TRIad
                              White Flood (5 Flavors)
                              Black Hole