Easy to make meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy to make meals

What are easy to make meals? (if you cant read the title) this should be useful for everyone..

as of now, i hate making food. I eat this basically everyday:
    tuna w/ pb
    a huge plate of eggs
    whole grain bread + pb + turkey meat
    protein&MRP shakes with oats
    yogurt sometimes
    powerbar harvest whole grain bars i stole from work
    and protein bars i made (more oats + PB + protein + virgin olive oil)
    o, and a grilled chicken breast ..

but i need more gladware tubs so i can cook more chicken at one time..containers i have now only old like 4 chicken breasts, which sucks alot of work for 4 meals. (i dont know how you eat chicken 4x a day aries. lol)

any suggestions on good, quick, easy, clean meals?

and what is the best way to save cooked chicken so its eatible for the longest time??

i dont have problems keep the meals decently varied.. i mean, sometimes i get crazy and put salsa on eggs, or parmesean cheese.. hell, ive even put salsa on tuna (its slammin actually) but im just lookin for an easier wider variety of meals...if that makes sense..

i have some whole wheat paste and wild rice but im no chef and dont really know if i can cook them and save it effectively or if i should cook what i need 1 meal at a time...idk. lol

I also need a good source of veggies.. i heard theres some kind of bagged veggies that cook easy and taste good?

appreciate any input

Most of us like chicken and one of the easiest chicken meals I've ever made:

1 Large Bag Boneless Skinless Chicken breast (thawed)
    2 Large cans green beans
    2 Large cans Cream of Mushroom / Cream of Broccoli Soup

Cook for around 1 hour or so and enjoy

What I like about this compared to other flavored chicken is that the leftovers are actually good instead of dried out chicken.

Comment

Something New

I've got a recipe I'm trying out in the morning..

1/2 can tuna (washed)
      5 eggs
      1 TBSP Franks Hot Sauce

Should be fun, or the runs.. one of the two.
      Back to the basics!

Comment

fire up a wok and put in chix breast, veggies, and brown rice with some seasoning .... takes no more than 10min to make the stir fry .... quick and easy
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

2 minute noodles with 200g of tuna and flavouring.

Comment

I like things i can make in bulk and heres one-
            -1 large pan
            -2-2.5 lbs lean groung turkey or beef
            -1 can of manwich sauce
            15-20 minutes for something that could last a few days

Comment

chicken soaked in egg batter and breadcrumbs and grilled until brown! absolutely delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                and what is the best way to save cooked chicken so its eatible for the longest time??
                what do you mean by longest time

if you'll be eating it within a week, i've found that if you marinade it overnight it will help it last longer. just make sure it is air tight and sprinkle some water on it before you reheat it to keep it from getting too dry

if you want it for longer than a week, you should wrap each one seperately in tin foil and stick them in your freezer

Comment

i have some whole wheat paste and wild rice but im no chef and dont really know if i can cook them and save it effectively or if i should cook what i need 1 meal at a time...idk. lol

I also need a good source of veggies.. i heard theres some kind of bagged veggies that cook easy and taste good?

appreciate any input
                  regarding the rice, I had the same problem and resolved it two different ways ... 1. buy a bag of rice, boil water in a large stock pot, dump the rice in (using a ratio of 2.25cups water for every 1cup of rice to be cooked), wait for the water to come back up to a boil, cover with a tight lid, set heat to low and let it cook for 40 minutes .. DO NOT REMOVE LID FOR THE 40 MINUTES <--- i just put the pot in the fridge and then take out cups of rice as needed ... I've left it in the fridge for about a week and it still tasted fine ... if you buy rice in bulk then this may be the way to go (i prefer brown rice over wheat pasta)

2. I just moved into a new home and was checking out my new grocery store and what foods they had to offer ... looking around for my brown rice bags .... found a box of success 100% whole wheat rice (boil in a bag). One bag makes about two servings so I've been using one of those at dinner and just split the bag w/ my wife <--- this may be the easiest way to fix rice for one meal at a time ... but i think it's more expensive than buying the larger bags of rice ... only thing is that the bags are already portioned out for consumers

for the veggies ... i usually stock up on frozen veggies when they are on sale ... i've walked out w/ carts of broccoli and green beans before ... yes, weird looks from people in the store that didn't look very fit ....

I've also found some bags that I use in my stir fry ... they are in the produce section and have broccoli, snow peas, cauliflower, and baby carrots ... just keep them in the fridge and then microwave the bag for a few minutes and they come out great

hope this helps
                  jdouchebag for president

Comment

If you eat a lot of rice, investing in a rice cooker would be awesome, (a small one wouldn't cost that much) - its very convenient - all you do is add rice, add water, press a button and 20-30mins later - voila! perfect rice everytime, and no need to watch the damn stove!

how do you like the wild rice? I love the nuttier flavours - I alternate between, brown, red, and black sticky rice. YuM!!

For me, celery is the way to go - get a huge bunch, wash and chop, chuck them in little ziplock baggies - no cooking required, and will stay crisp (not like leafy greens that will wilt) - eat with salsa, cottage cheese, nut butters.. or on its own!

Comment

Working...
                    X