When to do HIT routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to do HIT routine?

I have never done a HIT(high intensity training) routine before but I have been studying it and Im really interested in starting one. My question is when should a HIT routine be done? Im about to start a mass/strength program and I was considering this but I wasnt sure if this was a style more fit for cutting. If it is, what would you suggest would be a good mass program?
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

HIIT is awesome for mass/strength..

If your looking for pure athletic performance, HIIT is the only way to go in my opinion..

Instead of wasting 90minutes jogging at a low intensity, find a football field (ideally, cos its flat and marked) and go run 10-15 40 yard sprints at 100% intensity with low rest periods (as long as necessary, they will get longer as you fatique) -- and don't give it that 110% bullshit cos you're already setting yourself up for failure, you can't physiologically or psychologically give over 100% of your effort.

of course, if you're not in very good strength/conditioning, the volume above would need to be adjusted accordingly and then progressed upon.

final thought: any and all true cardio/aerobic/conditioning/whatever you wanna call it type of work should be seperated by resistence/strength training by at least 1 meal for ideal results in both. If you were to run a handful of sprints after weights, that is fine, and great, but doing high volume of both one right after the other isn't ideal in my eyes
    Last edited by jiritt0; 08-10-2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. Since Im in a mass/strength routine, how many days should I do the HIT cardio? If it helps, Im in decent cardiovascular shape. I just dont want to overdo it
      CFD

Comment

Well I finally researched, talked to a couple of vetrean Bodybuilders and came up with a good HIT program. It is a more advanced routine but is still focused on almost all compound movements bc that will do best for me. When it comes closer to the day I start it, Ill post it up, along with the supps Ill be taking, and see what yall think.
        CFD

Comment

Goodluck with that.. hopefully whoever you talked to knew more than simply what worked for them...

and at 19, I would limit your supplement use... the main focus should be on your training and nutrition, once you've got that covered and mastered, i would recommend to begin looking into more supplements beyond the basic stuff (protein, fishoil,vitamins, etc)

Comment

Thanks. And I try to remember that about supplements. Its hard not to try to rush results sometimes. Ill probably stick to Glycergrow and a creatine supplement for now.
            CFD

Comment

quick results = fake results

it's the long term progress that sticks with you. You're body won't even retain 100% of the progressions you'll make if you were to use a horomonal product.

This why it is much better to see 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week when dieting, rather than someone that might lose 5-10pounds in a week (assuming they aren't morbidly obese/severly untrained to begin with)

Comment

Then should i use Blue Gene ? is that a horomonal product ?

Comment

Working...
                X