More promotional items needed/wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More promotional items needed/wanted

I would like to see more T-shirts, gym bags, decals, etc, etc, etc, offered from Controlled labs. You would have more walking billboards all over the place.

What's the hold up?
    Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

if they waste money on BS promo things like that, the actual products will cost more.

good products sell more than tee shirts, gym bags, decals, or whatever..

Comment

Then how will the dudes in my gym who buy nothing but BSN and Gaspari products learn about Controlled Labs? You open any fitness mag and that is all the ads right there.
      I work for a company that at times offers T-shirts. You would be surprised at the amount of money people will spend to get a $3 T-shirt.
      Sorry dude, I disagree. T-shirts are cheap to buy and profitablet to sell. They are also the biggest way of cheap marketing there is. Every person who wears the t-shirt is a walking billboard and advertisement.
      Decals/stickers are also VERY cheap. People who affix decals to their vehicles are the best and cheapest ways of advertising there is.

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      if they waste money on BS promo things like that, the actual products will cost more.

good products sell more than tee shirts, gym bags, decals, or whatever..
      Last edited by icemanrrc; 06-25-2009, 09:55 PM.
      Current Stack: White Flood, Con-Cret, GlycerGrow, Xtend, X-Factor, OxiOmega fish oil, AST Multi Pro 32X, Milk Thistle, Dymatize Elite protein.

Comment

Originally posted by icemanrrc View Post
        Then how will the dudes in my gym who buy nothing but BSN and Gaspari products learn about Controlled Labs? You open any fitness mag and that is all the ads right there.
        I work for a company that at times offers T-shirts. You would be surprised at the amount of money people will spend to get a $3 T-shirt.
        Sorry dude, I disagree. T-shirts are cheap to buy and profitablet to sell. They are also the biggest way of cheap marketing there is. Every person who wears the t-shirt is a walking billboard and advertisement.
        Decals/stickers are also VERY cheap. People who affix decals to their vehicles are the best and cheapest ways of advertising there is.
        The products speak for themselves, not some hype built by ads and consumerism. There are products for the masses and niche products that cost a little more, but are more or less guaranteed to produce great results.

Comment

if they decide to make more tee-shirts to sell, in addition to gym bags, decals, huge fancy flashy ads, etc. the product cost will not rise?

Comment

Thanks guys, the T-Shirts are awesome.... time to bring back the Black / Blue

Comment

Both my blue and black were lost to ex gf' s! *d'oh*

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                .... time to bring back the Black / Blue

I cosign with that!

Comment

CL HAS been doing promotional things to get product placement out, most notably the recent BB.com review promotion for skull caps and t-shirts. This promotion gets reviews posted to BB.com, one of the largest suppliers of information for bodybuilding/workingout/supplements and gives out a promotional item, skull caps/t-shirts, thus making more "walking billboards". I would say that CL is a smart company and there is a reason they don't have as many promotional items out as you would like.

I for one would LIKE to see more stickers/shaker cups/gym bags/t shrts/sweat shits etc etc and probably so would CL, like you said it's free advertising and most of these things are cheap when bought in bulk. But likewise I am sure there is reason why there isn't a bunch of stuff out there ie cost/labor/time/quality.

At the same time I was kind of drawn to CL b/c of their relative anonymity. They were a small company offering a quality product to real people, it drew me in... I didn't see them as the huge company with a marketing machine that pumps out hype.

but i would certainly like to have stickers to place over my BB.com bottles/cups
                  Last edited by Arch; 06-26-2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows View Post
                    Both my blue and black were lost to ex gf' s! *d'oh*
                    why did you let them take your only valuables?
                    Originally posted by Arch View Post
                    CL HAS been doing promotional things to get product placement out, most notably the recent BB.com review promotion for skull caps and t-shirts. This promotion gets reviews posted to BB.com, one of the largest suppliers of information for bodybuilding/workingout/supplements and gives out a promotional item, skull caps/t-shirts, thus making more "walking billboards". I would say that CL is a smart company and there is a reason they don't have as many promotional items out as you would like.

I for one would LIKE to see more stickers/shaker cups/gym bags/t shrts/sweat shits etc etc and probably so would CL, like you said it's free advertising and most of these things are cheap when bought in bulk. But likewise I am sure there is reason why there isn't a bunch of stuff out there ie cost/labor/time/quality.

At the same time I was kind of drawn to CL b/c of their relative anonymity. They were a small company offering a quality product to real people, it drew me in... I didn't see them as the huge company with a marketing machine that pumps out hype.

but i would certainly like to have stickers to place over my BB.com bottles/cups
                    thanks for the ideas and insight. we may do something like that, but the real issue is distribution for very low cost or free items. shipping is expensive too.
                    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole
                    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                    Green Bulge
                    White Blood 2
                    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                    Blue Up
                    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

I was mainly drawn towards CL because of their colors on their bottles! Is that wrong? Plus I wanted to lift in color!

Real reason was because of the reivews they had at BB.com, which many of them were very high. Plus, it was a highly advertised products in the magazines, just saw a few. Muscletech would take up like 8 pages worth of the magazine, little too much I think. After trying your products, I knew that you didn't need to advertise your product to a full extent, because the products were more than enough to do the talking.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
                        thanks for the ideas and insight. we may do something like that, but the real issue is distribution for very low cost or free items. shipping is expensive too.
                        YW, just trying to help you guys out if i can as for the shipping the only one I have figured out is the stickers which you could try wrapping with the tubs before you completely wrap them in cellophane... i don't know how that all works but is a possibility..or just throw em in boxes of pills. The cups/bottles/shirts/bags are hard b/c you guys aren't actual distributors so you cant do promotional things or throw them in the boxes... the only other option is sponsoring the bags or bottles at bb.com or other retailers but i would imagine that goes for a pretty penny and then you compete directly with the larger companies who throw money at advertising

Originally posted by NocturnalReign View Post
                        Muscletech would take up like 8 pages worth of the magazine, little too much I think. After trying your products, I knew that you didn't need to advertise your product to a full extent, because the products were more than enough to do the talking.
                        is it jsut me or does this seem like over compensation?

Comment

Working...
                        X