No announcement yet.

arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though it's just as important to train other body parts with equal concentration, it's just so damn hard not to get excited about arm day.

I switch up arm and shoulder day but I think tomorrow I'll do arms lol. That's what more test does to your ego

Comment

Bis : EZ Bar preacher curls, DB concentration curls

Tris: decline BB close grip bench press
      also love dips, but get shoulde rpain somtimes, bench dips are great and really isolate the tris - but usually need a alot of weight on to get any really workout,.

Comment

b-ceps: I get the most out of basic straight bar curls and vary the width of my girp as well as the amount of weight. It burns em better than most anything else I've tried or do.

t-ceps: cable pulldowns and bent over kickbacks kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro973
          gotta say my 2 favorites are pretty unconventional and also both compound...mainly favorite cause they're crazy and fun to do.

For biceps, I'm sure this exercise has a real name, but me and my buddy have dubbed this exercise, "Cobras", and its a back/arms exercise that will reall work the lats, and the biceps will get a lot of strain there too. You go to the cables and set them up so they are as high as can be on each side...set the weights even and then grab each side (1 handed bar) and put yourself in the middle...Then you actually sit down at a 90 degree angle. The actual motion for the exercise comes at this point when you pull straight down while rotating your wrists/arms so they face outward. (Think of starting out with your arms spread out like Jesus on the crucifix and ending of facing outward). But yeah..you just pull straight down so your elbows touch your ribs while twirling the bar and...repeat. For an extra crazy burn of the biceps you can hold it at the finish position for awhile and lemme tell you these will feel great. Might be hard to visualize with my explanation but I tried.
          This sounds like what I do (cable-lat pulldowns) same set up (I sit on a stability ball) except I dont twist my wrists foward (they stay are the same way throughout).

Biceps-- 21's (just started doing these (not part of my normal routine) and hammer curls. (love bicep day)

Triceps-- Skullcrushers, weighted or bench dips
          What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

For tri's I really love close-grip flat BB press with 2 nicely sized-up resistance bands added to the fray. Its tough. Just make sure the bands are attached nicely so they don't decide to snap off.
            I was doing these one time in a power rack (no spotter) and it was toward the end of the set and I kept hitting the hooks and could nto get it up and over. Man talk about some serious tri work just on that! Fortunately a guy came over and helped me rack it, I did like 5-7 extra reps trying to get it on the hook.

Comment

Although "Cable lat-pulldowns" is most certainly closer to the official name of that exercise, but I could never call them that after referring to them as Cobras for so long...the name is just so badass you know its got to be making you stronger. I think my favorite part of these is when you're done with a set and just stand up in any manner that you like...

Resistance bands really are wonderful things, if this thread was called "ABS" and not "arms" I'd be all over it with some crazy concotions that really get that stomach working, but I don't want to get accused of getting O/T

Comment

Although "Cable lat-pulldowns" is most certainly closer to the official name of that exercise, but I could never call them that after referring to them as Cobras for so long...the name is just so badass you know its got to be making you stronger. I think my favorite part of these is when you're done with a set and just stand up in any manner that you like...

Resistance bands really are wonderful things, if this thread was called "ABS" and not "arms" I'd be all over it with some crazy concotions that really get that stomach working, but I don't want to get accused of getting O/T
                Ha ha maybe I will use your name instead!
                What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Working...
                X