arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arms.

i love to do curls and hammer for my triceps and biceps. any one else?

my 2 favs for arms

biceps - alternating DB curls with a 2 second pause at the top while rotating my wrist out

triceps - weighted dips
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

Originally posted by strester
      biceps - alternating DB curls with a 2 second pause at the top while rotating my wrist out

triceps - weighted dips
      My favs:

Biceps - DB Preacher Curls
      Triceps - Skullcrushers with slow negatives.
      Back to the basics!

Comment

Biceps - 21s, heavy BB curls, preacher curls, incline DB curls, rev curls

Tris - CG Decline, CG DB flat bench, floor presses, DB overhead press, bench and weighted dips, Elbows Out DB Ext (flat, inc), skull crushers (dec, flat, inc)

Comment

my favorites

biceps - 21s or 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 - burnout (done with partner - only rest when he does his set)

triceps - bench dips, pushdowns (i can do a ton of weight on this), i need to get back into close grip benches (flat,decline,incline) they hit the tris great.

Comment

i think one of the best body parts on a male would be his arms...its good to see ppl enjoy making them nice for us ladiess

Comment

I'm not a big fan of direct bicep work. Personally I can pound my biceps with pullups and pendlay rows.

For the tri's I love dips and close grip bench. I was using reverse grip bench for a while but as I got progressively heavier it started putting to much pressure on my wrists.

Comment

Originally posted by curious19
                i think one of the best body parts on a male would be his arms...its good to see ppl enjoy making them nice for us ladiess
                I think its one of the worst, really men have sexy legs

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_the_Tank
                  I'm not a big fan of direct bicep work. Personally I can pound my biceps with pullups and pendlay rows.

For the tri's I love dips and close grip bench.
                  that pretty much covers me on this topic
                  Owner of Fitness Paramount Personal Training

Comment

TRIS- close grip bench, size and strenght builder there. I also like pushdowns as well.
                    BIS- i like the hammer curls, at the bottom when Im bringing it down, I flck my wrist like im actucalling using a hammer.
                    I also like the EZ-curl bar..
                    If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

yea arms are so awesome to work on. my arms are the muscles that i can push the most. at the end of a workout i lift light weights till i can only do one rep of 5kgs. it feels so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by bizkit
                        i love to do curls and hammer for my triceps and biceps. any one else?
                        biceps are my favourite. I havent been training for very long, but they have grown the fastest. This is a pic of when i started...
                        http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9...oto01431ha.jpg

Comment

gotta say my 2 favorites are pretty unconventional and also both compound...mainly favorite cause they're crazy and fun to do.

For biceps, I'm sure this exercise has a real name, but me and my buddy have dubbed this exercise, "Cobras", and its a back/arms exercise that will reall work the lats, and the biceps will get a lot of strain there too. You go to the cables and set them up so they are as high as can be on each side...set the weights even and then grab each side (1 handed bar) and put yourself in the middle...Then you actually sit down at a 90 degree angle. The actual motion for the exercise comes at this point when you pull straight down while rotating your wrists/arms so they face outward. (Think of starting out with your arms spread out like Jesus on the crucifix and ending of facing outward). But yeah..you just pull straight down so your elbows touch your ribs while twirling the bar and...repeat. For an extra crazy burn of the biceps you can hold it at the finish position for awhile and lemme tell you these will feel great. Might be hard to visualize with my explanation but I tried.

For tri's I really love close-grip flat BB press with 2 nicely sized-up resistance bands added to the fray. Its tough. Just make sure the bands are attached nicely so they don't decide to snap off.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro973
                            gotta say my 2 favorites are pretty unconventional and also both compound...mainly favorite cause they're crazy and fun to do.

For biceps, I'm sure this exercise has a real name, but me and my buddy have dubbed this exercise, "Cobras", and its a back/arms exercise that will reall work the lats, and the biceps will get a lot of strain there too. You go to the cables and set them up so they are as high as can be on each side...set the weights even and then grab each side (1 handed bar) and put yourself in the middle...Then you actually sit down at a 90 degree angle. The actual motion for the exercise comes at this point when you pull straight down while rotating your wrists/arms so they face outward. (Think of starting out with your arms spread out like Jesus on the crucifix and ending of facing outward). But yeah..you just pull straight down so your elbows touch your ribs while twirling the bar and...repeat. For an extra crazy burn of the biceps you can hold it at the finish position for awhile and lemme tell you these will feel great. Might be hard to visualize with my explanation but I tried.

For tri's I really love close-grip flat BB press with 2 nicely sized-up resistance bands added to the fray. Its tough. Just make sure the bands are attached nicely so they don't decide to snap off.
                            My gym has a cable pull down machine that is setup like this, it is a great exercise.

Nothing like using bands!

Comment

Originally posted by curious19

welcome aboard

today is arms day
                              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Working...
                              X