Smaller Left Tricep..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller Left Tricep..

My right tricep is significantly larger than my left..esprcially the outer(lateral head). What exercise(s) can I do to correct this? I've heard certain exercises hit the outer part more. Thanks.
    Live Life/Workout Hard!!
    :mo

CL Supps In Service:
    ORANGE OXIMEGA
    WHITE FLOOD
    GREEN MAG
    PURPLE WRATH

Hm, my right side is smaller than my left but I think it's because I tore it a few years back. Curious to see what you guys have to say.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by rchapman View Post
      My right tricep is significantly larger than my left..esprcially the outer(lateral head). What exercise(s) can I do to correct this? I've heard certain exercises hit the outer part more. Thanks.
      How long have you been lifting and what's your workout protocol like ?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
        How long have you been lifting and what's your workout protocol like ?
        Well, I previously lifted for about 8 months and had a neck injury that put me out of the gym for almost 6months. I just started back last week and wanna put on muscle as I was before. I was up to 198lbs before the injury, I'm now at 186lbs. I had this problem with the smaller tricep even before but didnt really worry bout it, it seems more noticable now. My tricep routine is usually pushdowns, skullcrushers and db kickbacks. I'm thinking of trying triceps with chest day and starting close grip benches also. Thanks for all and any help.
        Live Life/Workout Hard!!
        :mo

CL Supps In Service:
        ORANGE OXIMEGA
        WHITE FLOOD
        GREEN MAG
        PURPLE WRATH

Comment

a ton of bodyweight exercise: pushups, DIPS, pullups, chinups..

Comment

Mine is sort of like this, except it is the opposite. My left tricep is much bigger in certain areas then my right. I am trying to bring my right up to par with my left by hitting it with extra sets. Trying hitting triceps as well on a different day (2 days apart from tricep day) with less excercises and different reps. I heard somewhere that this can bring up lagging body parts.
            As far as excercises go, I do the tricep kickbacks (try with cable, excellent tension!) and pressdowns.

Oh and one other thing, (I can't stop typing! Help!) try doing dips with your knuckles facing towards each other. Charles Glass said in one article that it targets the lateral part of the tricep.

Hope this helps!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rchapman View Post
              Well, I previously lifted for about 8 months and had a neck injury that put me out of the gym for almost 6months. I just started back last week and wanna put on muscle as I was before. I was up to 198lbs before the injury, I'm now at 186lbs. I had this problem with the smaller tricep even before but didnt really worry bout it, it seems more noticable now. My tricep routine is usually pushdowns, skullcrushers and db kickbacks. I'm thinking of trying triceps with chest day and starting close grip benches also. Thanks for all and any help.
              Just remember, sometimes in people there are differences in the shape of triceps between left and right arm. Just genetics. Still, try and do uni laterals exercises for now for triceps always starting off with the weaker left arm.
              kane@controlledlabs.com
              Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
              Looks for the ads, coming soon!
              www.controlledlabs.com
              www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Working...
              X