Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XenoWang's GG + GM Log!

Yeah, I'm definitely weary of anything that modulates hormones to the extent that JW seems to. I'm definitely gonna try X-Factor some time in the near future, that's for sure. I'm not sure I'm sold on the ecydesterone thing yet. If anything I'll stack X-Factor with Activate. X-Factor + Activate + E-Bol sounds pretty killer too, but I think in that case you'd run into an issue of diminishing returns so I might try E-Bol separately some other time.

Day 1:
    Initial impressions: GM tastes great, GG not so much. I'll look forward to having GM pre-workout for sure. Effects on workout? Too early to tell obviously. Seemed to have a good pump and muscle hardness going on today, but I attribute that mainly to my increase in carbs in recent days rather than the GG+GM. I do, however, seem to have noticed an increase in thirst with the GG.

I think it's unfortunate that there is a big variable changing as I begin this stack, mainly my diet. I would've liked to see what GM + GG would've done for me during my pre-contest diet but alas, it was not to be.

In any case, I'm sure I'll have more accurate assessments in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoWang
    Day 1:
    Initial impressions: GM tastes great, GG not so much. I'll look forward to having GM pre-workout for sure. Effects on workout? Too early to tell obviously. Seemed to have a good pump and muscle hardness going on today, but I attribute that mainly to my increase in carbs in recent days rather than the GG+GM. I do, however, seem to have noticed an increase in thirst with the GG.

I think it's unfortunate that there is a big variable changing as I begin this stack, mainly my diet. I would've liked to see what GM + GG would've done for me during my pre-contest diet but alas, it was not to be.

In any case, I'm sure I'll have more accurate assessments in a week or two.

With GG, make sure you up your intake of water, at least 1.5gl a day. You'll start pissing like a racehorse first, but that will taper off eventually; that leads me to bold point #2. You'll really start to see/feel/notice the effects of GG after a few weeks, so give it a bit of time
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Water intake shouldn't be a problem- I average 2 gallons a day as it is.

Hopefully the GM + GG start kicking in full gear by the time Thanksgiving comes around so that all that anabolic turkey will make me look beastly and my brother will be like "omgwtfbbq."

Xeno,

Ive seen some posts where you talk about a MRP/weight gainer, but without malto in it.

Have you heard of Core-MRP?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/core/mrp.html

The primary carb source is an Oat-barley blend.
    Just tried a free sample, tastes good too.

wow bro really nice build
    imsubscribed !!!!

Thoughts before day 2 workout.

Don't expect anything spectacular, I just ate an ungodly amount of food in Chinatown. It was dimsum chaos and I swear it rivaled my Tuesday and Wednesday night binges. I'm gonna have to do some cardio and go pretty low cal the next week to make up for some of the damage I caused my body this week, I swear....

Downing 32 oz of water with the GM and GG right before this workout (I'm heading to now) made me just feel ill since I'm still digesting all this food (and my last bite was almost two hours ago!). Then I need to rush to a group meeting for a final project I'm working on for a class! Oh the fun never ends.

I promise this kind of eating stops today. I'll even try to keep it under control during Thanksgiving, but there are no guarantees there. But honestly, there's no point in throwing away months of dieting with all this crazy eating....

RR- thanks for the link man!! I think I'm gonna pick some of this stuff up along with Prolab Lean Mass in the near future.
    Last edited by XenoWang; 11-11-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Day 2:
    Like I said, I was REALLY full from my dimsum madness this afternoon. I wasn't feeling great at all for my workout- bloated, full of grease and water.... Made it very hard to drink much water at all during my short workout, though I still noticed increased thirst from the GM+GG. Back workout was nothing spectacular, though row strength seems to be returning. My real benchmark for back is deadlifts, which I hope to hit full force next week, though that may change depending on how sore my quads/hams end up being after my leg workout next week. My first leg workout after some time off is always the worst. Anyways, pull-ups felt unfortunately heavy, which sucks since I attribute much of my back width to pull ups. I think they'll come up in the following weeks though. I'm definitely not going to be working out on such a ridiculously full stomach from now on. Like I said, the eating madness stops now... I've already noticed some considerable fat gain from this week, which sucks a nut. Oh well, all the more reason to keep things ultra clean from now on. Just need to muster the willpower to keep it under control for Thanksgiving....

Another thought: It seems that in certain situations, a switch goes off in my head and I start to eat everything in front of me when I'm bulking. Ok, contest night was sort of understandable, but did I really have to subject myself to all you can eat sushi and the dim sum this afternoon? No. I think cheating (which I am usually VERY VERY good with) has its place, but should never be brought to the point of being stuffed. Not only is it terrible nutritionally, but it tends to screw with the rest of my diet as well, since I can be very bloated/stuffed for hours on end and by the time I need to eat again, it holds me back. I should make sure that next time I go out and have a cheat meal, it's at a very expensive place so I can't overeat
    Last edited by XenoWang; 11-11-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Default Day 3

Today and tomorrow are rest days, though I'll try to get some cardio in tomorrow. That being said, I should offer some background info for this log.

I started lifting a week before I turned 17 so that brings me a little more than 3 years lifting. I wouldn't classify myself as a bodybuilder, much less a serious one, during that first year though. I amassed a lot of knowledge in the beginning but alas, didn't truly understand a lot of the game in terms of nutrition. I dirty bulked like hell, going from a skinny-fat 125-130 to 162 in a matter of months. Then came a very long cut (4-5 months) where I reached 145. Afterwards, I seemed to hover between 155-170 depending on if I was bulking or cutting. Unfortunately, I tend to go a bit overboard on calories (even clean) while bulking so I jump in weight very quick but have to take a while to diet down and not be such a fatass... As a result, I'd say my net muscle gains over the past three years definitely could've been better if I knew what I was doing.

Just recently I did my first competition at about 140 lbs.... coming down from 175 lbs. Like all my dieting cycles, I made mistakes that prevented me from getting as lean as I could've, but it was certainly the leanest I've ever been in my entire life, so that's a plus. I don't regret the mistakes I've made though- they only help me learn what my body responds best to. I'm starting to get the feeling that while I am not overly carb sensitive, overdoing them (like around 400g a day on my last bulk.... unnecessary) is just a recipe for fat gain. At the same time, I don't think I tolerate high fat very well either. Thus, my main aim for this bulk will be to have a PCF ratio of 45/35/20 with all sources being very very clean (skinless chicken breast, whey protein, ground turkey breast, occasionally steak, all carbs from oatmeal and occasionally sweet potatoes and rice when I want something different, plenty of vegetables, natural peanut butter, olive oil, fish oil, avocados). Also, unlike previous bulks, I'll be lowering calories on non-workout days, trying to incorporate some regular cardio, and not having any high GI carbs post-workout. I used to use dextrose/maltodextrin PWO but I think my body doesn't really care either way and since keeping fat gain to a minimum is a priority during this bulk, I won't be using any high GI carbs. I aim to gain about .5 lbs a week so that I can keep this bulk going on as long as possible. There will be a short 4 week cutting cycle in February in preparation for March's spring break but afterwards it's full-on bulk season until the summer.

Now on to the stuff everybody always likes to see- supplementation:
    Staples:
    Whey
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish oil
    Scivation Xtend (I don't plan on using too much on a hypercaloric diet, limiting to 10-20g a day)

The above will be sticking with me no matter what. In the past I've used 3 types of creatine (mono, CEE, kre-alk) and none really gave me great results. I'm hoping GM + GG will change that.

I also plan on adding Designer Supplement's Glucophase XR to the regular supplementation regimen in order to maximize glucose utilization.

After giving GM + GG a good 12 weeks or so, I plan on trying Molecular Nutrition X-Factor.

Well, that's all for now. Ta ta.

Hey Xeno!
    Its me jth16 from abcbodybuilding.com! I saw your name on the post and I was like, well I doubt there is two... And I was right
    Anyway, good luck with your bulk! I can't wait to see how it goes. I will be buying some controlled labs products for my next bulk, and hopefully get some free cutting supplements if they accept my application

Where are those competition pics?

Hey big guy! Glad to see you somewhere outside of ABC

For all those who don't know- JTH is one huge motha so be on the look out for him. He's truly a tank.

As for competition photos... haha, if you're interested in seeing how ridiculously famished and Ethiopian I look, then clackity clack bitches!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/upenbb/my_photos

The bottom three albums (contest XV) are where you'll find my skinny ass.

Starved looking and still shitty abs- isn't that great?

Sadly, the guy who took 1st place overall (to my right in the photos) can't even begin to compare to the guys who took it in previous years. This show was pretty disappointing. My skeletal frame didn't help either!

My quad definition seemed to be really washed out and I can tell now that my back seemed to have lost a ton of thickness from all the dieting. Sadness. Alas, tis bulking season and I plan on adding some quality mass. I'm sure back thickness will return in time, but this time around I'm really going to concentrate on annihilating my shoulders and chest. Hopefully the bis/tris will follow. Calves and abs will be a priority as well... I gotta get some frickin' mass on these abs!
    Last edited by XenoWang; 11-13-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Dude what are you talking about? You looked awesome. A hell of a lot better than a lot of those people. I liked your chest separation and your lats looked awesome. And I know its all about the journey and blah blah blah, placing doesnt matter and such, but what in the HELL was this joker doing there --> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/upenbb...e2.jpg&.src=ph
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/upenbb...e2.jpg&.src=ph
    He has to have at least 10+% bodyfat.
    Anyway, how are the measurements coming? You feeling the creatine yet?

Haha- the guy you pointed out was a 37 year old master's degree (or was it phd...) student. Yeah, I have no idea what he was doing there either

Anyways, I'm definitely feeling a bit fuller in recent days, but am only up 6-7 lbs from contest weight. Some of it is water and fat for sure, but my glycogen stores are definitely up. I haven't gotten into the full swing of things yet, but am going to be working chest tomorrow and hopefully we'll see some of that GG + GM start to kick in. I'm not expecting anything crazy, but am DEFINITELY excited to start lifting heavier again.

Just a question for creatine responders- do you notice a real difference in explosive power and endurance when using creatine? I still don't know what I"m looking for as I'm a traditional mono responder. Feedback is appreciated

Anyways, I'm hoping to have a good training week. Tomorrow is chest/abs, wednesday is off, Thursday is legs, Friday is shoulders/arms, Saturday is back/abs. Right now I'm only keeping it to 4 training days out of the week, but will see if I can put in a fifth training day. I plan on doing HIIT cardio on Sunday and perhaps one low-moderate intensity cardio session after one of my lifting sessions, but that depends on how lazy I'm feeling

Oh, and being the huge supplement whore that I am, I just ordered Designer Supplements' Glucophase and Melting Point today. I know I was only planning on using the GXR but I couldn't pass up the MP- it was on sale at nutraplanet for 20 bucks!! I'll be stacking this with CL Sesaglow at moderately low doses (4 MP + 2 Sesaglow) a day in order to keep fat gains at a minimum. I'm ultra excited at this approach- I think the cycling of calories, manipulation of the cardio variable (add in some LI cardio if I need it- I don't usually do this), not using high GI carbs, and the DS + CL stack is really going to take me far for this bulk. I also plan on using the P/RR/S training method in a couple of weeks once I get back into everything full force. It's either that or DC, but I feel at this point PRRS will be best. DAAMN can't you tell I'm excited?!!?

Here's to the most successful bulk yet!

Hey man,

I'm glad you have everything planned out. Your stack sounds pretty good, but I don't know about the MP+Glucophase. I thought you were bulking??? As far as I know, doesn't MP suppress your appetite? I just use Green tea extract + cardio, and maybe some sesamin to keep the fat off, but IMO I think the cutting supps like MP you should save until later. Just my .02

I respond to creatine. i'll tell you it's not a big difference in power and endurance, but you should feel it over the next couple weeks. You'll notice you can lift more weight for more reps, and you don't tire as easily through your sets. But again, it's not such a pronounced change, but you'll feel it.

Keep up the good work

I am bulking, but like I said, I want to stretch it out for as long as possible. In the past I haven't been able to bulk past 12-14 weeks without getting too fat. I know that more regular cardio and better calorie control will ultimately decide how lean I stay, but I want to see how the GXR and MP will help as well. Regardless, I think an R-ALA product should be used year round just for its overall benefits in glucose absorption and increased insulin sensitivity, which are beneficial for anybody. It's also a potent antioxidant, but I'm sure you already knew that

As for the MP + sesamin, again, just another tool to minimize fat gain. Believe me when I say I'm not a hard gainer, though I wouldn't call myself an endomorph. In any case, if I actually have trouble gaining weight over a few weeks, I'll just increase the calories and that's always cool with me Also, I'm going to be dosing the MP at only 3-4 a day and the sesamin at 2 a day. If this hinders me, I can always lower it. When I cut I'll simply increase the dosage a little, lower calories, increase calories, etc. Probably use EC + green tea a bit later if it's to be an extended cut.
    Last edited by XenoWang; 11-14-2006 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoWang
    I am bulking, but like I said, I want to stretch it out for as long as possible. In the past I haven't been able to bulk past 12-14 weeks without getting too fat. I know that more regular cardio and better calorie control will ultimately decide how lean I stay, but I want to see how the GXR and MP will help as well. Regardless, I think an R-ALA product should be used year round just for its overall benefits in glucose absorption and increased insulin sensitivity, which are beneficial for anybody. It's also a potent antioxidant, but I'm sure you already knew that

As for the MP + sesamin, again, just another tool to minimize fat gain. Believe me when I say I'm not a hard gainer, though I wouldn't call myself an endomorph. In any case, if I actually have trouble gaining weight over a few weeks, I'll just increase the calories and that's always cool with me Also, I'm going to be dosing the MP at only 3-4 a day and the sesamin at 2 a day. If this hinders me, I can always lower it. When I cut I'll simply increase the dosage a little, lower calories, increase calories, etc. Probably use EC + green tea a bit later if it's to be an extended cut.
    Rock n roll. Sounds like you've done your homework. Good luck again, I'll be following along!

Default Day 5

Today was chest and abs. First time I've done barbell bench in ages and while my strength is still down, I expect it to shoot up fairly quickly over the next month. Other than that, it was a pretty standard chest day with decent volume (15 sets). I'm eager to see where P/RR/S can take me after I get back to a "baseline" strength level.

I also recently had an incredible revelation. Well, not really so much a revelation, but a realization, and that is I've been a lazy bastard about abs for these past 3 years. Even when I have a designated spot for abs in my workouts, I tended to half ass it. No more. I've cried about having shitty abs even when relatively lean. Well chalk that up to not actually training them enough! I plan on doing abs twice a week, 30 min at the end of those lifting sessions, and no half assing. I want a plate of armor on my midsection this time around. No excuses this time...

As for GG + GM, nothing terribly noticeable yet, but again, it's only the fifth day and I'm still trying to get my strength back up in general. I'll only start worrying if nothing's happening by the second or third week For what it's worth, I had a decent pump going on (nothing outrageous) and was looking pretty full, though I attribute some of that to increased carb intake. Ohhh yes, I just had a big bowl of oats and whey.... I love that shit.

Quads/Hams/Calves today

Went pretty moderate today with 185 on squats- it's been 2.5-3 weeks since I last touched any leg exercises so I just need to get my body reacclimated with it all. I can definitely tell that I'll be doing the "prison walk" tomorrow. The pain is always worst the day after my first leg workout in a while so I probably won't want to move much tomorrow, haha... I'm gonna try to man up and train anyways, especially since I'm switching gears and instead of the originally planned PRRS program I was going to start, I'm going to be doing some DC training with my training partner and I want to try to start a cycle tomorrow just to fit it in before Thanksgiving break. Hopefully we're gonna blast ourselves to hell and back these next few weeks, especially considering he won't be here next semester

Never fear though- a couple of the biggest guys here are currently doing DC and with any luck, they'll let a comparative dwarf hop on with them since I'm already pretty friendly with them

Calories are highest they've been in a long time today and all clean. Ahhh, good times.

Nothing crazy to report with the GM + GG since yes yes, booooring, but I'm still getting that strength back. You guys probably shouldn't even bother looking here until 2-3 weeks from now, hah. In any case, thirst is noticeably higher, so there's gotta be some osmotic activity going on, amirite?!?

Other notables: started DS Glucophase and Melting Point. Still waiting on that supposed NP special for Sesaglow, heh. Initially I was wary of the idea of only lifting 3 times a week but now I'm fully on board because of the increased intensity and frequency (I've always been a fan of high volume, typical single/double body part per day routines but I've been doing it the majority of the time I've been lifting and I have a feeling the change will do me a world of good). Hitting each body part with the increased frequency will hopefully yield some good gains, plus the plan lets me get in more cardio, which is great. I'll be doing 3 days lifting, 2 cardio days a week, and chill for the other two. I'll add another cardio day if I need to just to stay leaner. I'm in no rush to gain, as long as those gains are quality

Quick input...
    Strength is definitely on the rise, slowly but surely. Had my second DC workout today for biceps, forearms, quads, hams, calves... Bis were hella pumped from the rest-pausing and strict form but the killer was the quad blasting. My quads and hams are still ultra sore from my leg workout on Thursday and doing leg press today was NOT FUN. Hurt like a bitch, but I did it. I expect that once my legs become readapted to the training, recovery will be significantly quicker and I'll be seeing some crazy workouts.

Aside from that, I just popped a couple GXR and MP and am ready to eat my first out of two Thanksgiving dinners tonight- just waiting for my sweet potato and marshmallow casserole to finish in the oven so I can bring it down to my friends' room

DC Workout Numero Dos

Still figuring out the kinks in the program, need to lay out a complete A1, A2, A3, and so on for B, split but so far I'm likin' it!

Had chest/shoulders/tris/back today and shit was hit hard. While I'm currently not pushing as much weight as I used to (which will change), the fact that I'm really concentrating on the negatives this time around with good form is definitely making up for the relatively lower weight. Intense ass sets all around- of course, this is a necessity since there is only one working set for each group

Tried rack chins for the first time today and I am liking them a lot. Really isolated the lats and felt a full stretch. Then I did RDLs afterwards, which went pretty well. I can move 315 for 6-8 with straps when I'm fresh but only hit 275x5 today. This was at the very end of my workout though and my forearms were fried as all get out. I'll be putting my "back thickness" sets after my chest sets so I'm fresher for the heavy weight.

Overall everything was quite pumped and as far as GM + GG go, I feel like my tris and shoulders definitely felt pumped for longer than they usually are. I usually lose the pump 5 minutes after the last working set for that group but this time around it stayed well past 10 minutes. Obviously I'm not talking "skin-bursting pumps" but they definitely felt engorged and well-worked.

I'm happy

Thread Information